Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65

Thread: dj over webster

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    Ian Gold has outplayed Williams at WILL and at SAM.


    Gold played only one season at SAM, down in Tampa, and was more effective then Williams was. Now, granted, its hard to measure productivity on two seperate teams.

    So, looking at the sheer amount of "impact plays" that Gold made at WILL over DJ in our scheme, it's obvious who is the better WILL. Also, common sense dictates, you don't pay a guy 25 million to replace your first round draft choice at a position unless that guy is better.


    DJ Williams is a bust, has been a bust, and will most likely continue to be a bust. When the team refuses to resign him in two seasons, or trades/releases him next offseason, then perhaps, some of the people who have slammed me for a few years will finally admit they were wrong.


    Either way, Vince Wilfork is looking pretty damn good right about now, eh?
    Well, when both played the strong side:

    Ian Gold:

    2004 (with TB): 16 Games, 71 tackles, 54 solo, 0.5 sacks, 1 int, 2 passes defended, 0 forced fumbles.

    DJ. Williams:

    2005: 16 games, 55 tackles, 39 solo, 0 sacks, 0 int, 3 passes defended, 2 forced fumbles.

    Playing weak side:

    Ian Gold:

    2005: 16 games, 88 tackles, 72 solo, 3 sacks, 0 int, 4 passes defended, 4 forced fumbles.

    D.J Williams:

    2004: 16 games 114 tackles, 81 solo, 2 sacks, 1 int, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble.

    Stats don't tell the whole story and in any case, you can make an argument that both played at a high level. Being 15th in the league in tackles is not a minor achievement. In any case, I'm glad both are Broncos now.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    Ian Gold has outplayed Williams at WILL and at SAM.


    Gold played only one season at SAM, down in Tampa, and was more effective then Williams was. Now, granted, its hard to measure productivity on two seperate teams.

    So, looking at the sheer amount of "impact plays" that Gold made at WILL over DJ in our scheme, it's obvious who is the better WILL. Also, common sense dictates, you don't pay a guy 25 million to replace your first round draft choice at a position unless that guy is better.


    DJ Williams is a bust, has been a bust, and will most likely continue to be a bust. When the team refuses to resign him in two seasons, or trades/releases him next offseason, then perhaps, some of the people who have slammed me for a few years will finally admit they were wrong.


    Either way, Vince Wilfork is looking pretty damn good right about now, eh?
    I still maintain that Gold did not replace Williams, but Williams replaced Spragan. Now, I don't know what you consider a bust, but Williams did a credible job over there. I began my statement with the qualification: " Remember, he had always played Will (weakside) before." Admittedly, Gold had a little better stats than Williams, but Williams was put into an unfamiliar position in his second year in the league, whereas Gold was in his fifth year. I did not say Williams was better there than Gold, but that he would be better there.

    Regarding your allusion to the team's wanting to replacing Williams with Gold, I don't get your logic. At the Will position, in his rookie year, D.J. had 81 tackles, 33 assists, 2 sacks, 1 INT, and 6 passes defensed. Gold did not match those figures until his third year, and that was the only year he came close. In fact, this last year, Gold's sixth year in the league, he did not come close to Williams' rookie performance.

    MUG, I have enjoyed some very good posts, scintillating comments, from you, but your allegation of Williams' bust is a figment of your imagination.

    -----

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    37
    wholly s--t how hard isit to right with punctuaction and capitals and all reading several of d lines were mindknumbing

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by JkThSnake #16
    i dont think he the fastest but hes very close. i think comming out of college he ran a very low 4.4. Boss bailey ran a 4.3 40 but urlacher is faster then Al
    I have seen Wilson at 4.49 and Urlacher at 4.59. The fastest Champ has run, by the way, was 4.19. Nonetheless, as Dean implied, it is game speed that matters, and Urlacher has that coming out of his ears. That is what I tried to express.

    -----

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWilly
    wholly s--t how hard isit to right with punctuaction and capitals and all reading several of d lines were mindknumbing
    Huh?

    -----

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I have No Idea, Do You?
    Posts
    4,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos86
    just out of curiousity because ive heard this would u guys be mad if shanahan started nate webster over dj? u kno since shanahan and dj already have a bad relationship
    Hey, i like D.J and i hope he starts, but if somebody out performs him in camp then i say start them, i want the best guys out there i dont care who they are.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I have No Idea, Do You?
    Posts
    4,865
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWilly
    wholly s--t how hard isit to right with punctuaction and capitals and all reading several of d lines were mindknumbing
    Been hanging out with Rickey Williams and the Monks huh?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    The numbers may have not reflected it, but D.J. did a terrific job for his first year at Sam (strongside OLB). Remember, he had always played Will (weakside) before. The real payoff from putting him there will be this next year, now that he has the system down, I believe.

    I also believe that D.J. was put at Sam, not because Gold was better at Will (D.J. was great there), but because D.J. would be better than Gold at Sam. The need for upgrade did not exist the year before at Will (where D.J. was playing) but on the opposite side. In other words, the switch was not because of Gold's superiority but because of D.J.'s excellence.

    D.J. got on the wrong side of Shanny a little because of off-field behavior. However, that is likely behind him, and Shanny has a short memory in that area . . . . IF the player changes his ways.

    Webster is good, but D.J. is better. Webster will be second string.

    IMHO.

    -----
    Couldn't have had said it better myself. CP to you for some great insight

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    222
    i would be SO pissed!!!!! forget that... DJ IS THA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! i freaking love him hes tight
    [IMG]http://img.photoamp.com/i/xJyjHrKI0.jpg[/IMG]

    SIG MADE BY ME!!

    my myspace: www.myspace.com/italian2sta11ion
    MY CUSTOM RINGTONES: http://djdraggytones.mstore.xingtone.com

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Realism.
    Posts
    2,362
    I think the forgotten LB might get traded on draft day

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    933

    Thumbs down Give it up. You are WRONG!!!

    Hey MUG, I mean GUM, you are wrong about DJ Williams. He is the one LB that is talented enough to play any of the three positions equally well. He has a combination of size, speed, and strength unique for the LB position on the Broncos. It showed intelligent use of talent to move him to SAM. With the move, the LB group became one of the best in the NFL. Your biased statement " DJ Williams is a bust, has been a bust, and will most likely continue to be a bust." shows a lack of reality and your inability to accept that you are not as intelligent as the Bronco coaches or staff. Just because you hoped for a different player in the draft doesn't make you correct. Give it up, or expect to be reminded of your shortcoming each time you bring us to laughter. Go Broncos!!!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    Brian Urlacher is the fastest LB in the NFL. Might want to rethink that statement.
    Urlacher was a safety in college...and by the way he also returned punts....I'd say that requires a lot of speed. Did Al Wilson ever return punts? Don't get me wrong...I like Al as much as the next guy, but you're high if you think he's faster than Urlacher.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    104
    Slow down here. If healthy its a better backup option then Burns, who is a SP teams player anyways. Webster played only 3 games in 04, and missed the 05 season. There is no reason to believe he will replace any of the starters but he could give us someone with some ability in the back up role, nothing more.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DB4life[/FONT]

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Omeeeeeha
    Posts
    9,245
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede
    Yet as a player's speed dimishes so does his overall performance.
    That's not proven true, with the likes of Rod, GOAT, etx.....


    ...same as in baseball. When a fastball pitcher loses his speed, he actually becomes a better pitcher, by using his head instead of his strength.

    I totally disagree with your statement..........
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    Jacks RULE!!!!!!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Omeeeeeha
    Posts
    9,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    Ian Gold has outplayed Williams at WILL and at SAM.


    Gold played only one season at SAM, down in Tampa, and was more effective then Williams was. Now, granted, its hard to measure productivity on two seperate teams.

    So, looking at the sheer amount of "impact plays" that Gold made at WILL over DJ in our scheme, it's obvious who is the better WILL. Also, common sense dictates, you don't pay a guy 25 million to replace your first round draft choice at a position unless that guy is better.


    DJ Williams is a bust, has been a bust, and will most likely continue to be a bust. When the team refuses to resign him in two seasons, or trades/releases him next offseason, then perhaps, some of the people who have slammed me for a few years will finally admit they were wrong.


    Either way, Vince Wilfork is looking pretty damn good right about now, eh?
    If 100 tackles and 2.5 sacks over 2 yrs equals that.......

    Ted Washington did that and he's 100 yrs old......
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •