Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Didn't catch the show myself, and I don't really listen to a lot of "new" country these days.

I do agree with you, BM 69 - Garth Brooks is/was an amazing concert performer. I saw him back when I lived in Seattle in the '90's and it is by far one of the best concerts I have ever been to in any genre of music. He played 6 encores and would have kept going, but there wound up being a riot outside the arena (unrelated to the concert - there was a festival going on in Seattle at the time that deteriorated into a gang situation).

Overall, in the country genre, I'm a fan of the big-time classics like:

The Man in Black
    Willie
    Hank Sr.

I also think Lyle Lovett is an amazing singer/songwriter, although he's not mainstream country. I've seen him in concert a few times, and he is funny and a great entertainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    FF is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
    It was a great show.

Adkins is good. Loved the song. Saw him at a mall concert once. Sat about 3-5 feet from him.

I've been getting a little away from country. Disappointed in some of the new music. And, too much Chesney and Taylor Swift (I really dislike her voice). I've been listening to contemporary Christian and R&B/rap.
    I too have been drifting away because of the repetition and new music just isn't the same anymore. I still listen at home when in the garage and usually while in my truck, but been stuck on this HD Jack FM lately at work.

I don't like Taylor Swift either and Kenney is also being run into the ground along with Carrie.

It was funny, the nominations for best vocal group had 5 groups. I had only knew Rascal Flats and glad they won it. Love those guys. I had never even heard of any of the others.

We have the GAC channel on DirecTV but I can't stand it. Two videos, 5 minutes of commercials, Two videos, 5 minutes of commercials. *yawn* So I don't even keep up with this new stuff and the local radio here doesn't play that either.
    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 04-07-2009 at 08:50 AM.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

This is a cool thread!!!

I am an AVID country music fan, and I love most of it.

I actually just bought Jason Aldean's new CD about 20 minutes ago. He's my favorite....his first two albums were so great! I've only listened to 2 songs so far on this new one though...but so far its good
    ...capture it...remember it...

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    This is a cool thread!!!

I am an AVID country music fan, and I love most of it.

I actually just bought Jason Aldean's new CD about 20 minutes ago. He's my favorite....his first two albums were so great! I've only listened to 2 songs so far on this new one though...but so far its good
    Did you watch the awards Sunday night? Reba was a great host.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    She's awesome in Tremors, too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    FF is awesome!

I watched bits and pieces of it...I kept flipping to see if Jason was on there. Was he one there? I don't think he was.

Reba was great in the parts I saw her...I loved her dresses. But what the hell was Carrie Underwood wearing during her performance? haha it made me laugh.

And I guess I dont think Taylor Swift should have got album of the year. I have that CD and I enjoy it but that girl really can't sing all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
    She's awesome in Tremors, too!!!
    Encore has been showing that a lot recently. Women with power rifles.

I watched bits and pieces of it...I kept flipping to see if Jason was on there. Was he one there? I don't think he was.

Reba was great in the parts I saw her...I loved her dresses. But what the hell was Carrie Underwood wearing during her performance? haha it made me laugh.

And I guess I dont think Taylor Swift should have got album of the year. I have that CD and I enjoy it but that girl really can't sing all that well.
    HA!! I said the same damn thing about Carrie's dress. That was just wrong. LOL.

Swift with album of the year. That one made us mad.

Jason did not perform and didn't catch him in the audience. Not totally sure if he was there or not.

Encore has been showing that a lot recently. Women with power rifles.

HA!! I said the same damn thing about Carrie's dress. That was just wrong. LOL.

Swift with album of the year. That one made us mad.

Jason did not perform and didn't catch him in the audience. Not totally sure if he was there or not.
    He's touring right now so I doubt he was there.

I'm going to see him (and Cross Canadian Ragweed, Phil Vassar and Big and Rich) at Country Jam this summer! I'm so excited...I saw him last summer too at Frontier Days and it was one of the best moments of my life.

While visiting the AI thread, I'm currently being tortured with yet another new song by Sugarland.

I don't know what it is about this women's voice, but I HATE IT!! I cannot stand this whiney, nasal passage voice this band contributes to the scene and do not understand why she/they are so popular.

While visiting the AI thread, I'm currently being tortured with yet another new song by Sugarland.

I don't know what it is about this women's voice, but I HATE IT!! I cannot stand this whiney, nasal passage voice this band contributes to the scene and do not understand why she/they are so popular.

I like a lot of their songs, and I hate some too. It is hit and miss for me. I love Already Gone, Want To and Stay by them. I really really hate All I Wanna Do and Love....I dunno if I've heard the new one.

Do you guys watch CMT at all? I love that power picks show where you vote for music videos. So fun. lol

I like a lot of their songs, and I hate some too. It is hit and miss for me. I love Already Gone, Want To and Stay by them. I really really hate All I Wanna Do and Love....I dunno if I've heard the new one.

Do you guys watch CMT at all? I love that power picks show where you vote for music videos. So fun. lol
    CMT is as bad as MTV. They actually show videos?

GAC is what we watch (very rarely) and my wife was just watching it and we saw the Brad Paisley video Waitin' On A Woman. What a great video and song.

I came back upstairs and this new Sugarland was playing again. I'm not sure what it's called.

CMT is as bad as MTV. They actually show videos?

GAC is what we watch (very rarely) and my wife was just watching it and we saw the Brad Paisley video Waitin' On A Woman. What a great video and song.

I came back upstairs and this new Sugarland was playing again. I'm not sure what it's called.
    Well, here at school I get CMT on basic cable, I watch it all the time. They play videos in the mornings...and they have the top 20 Countdown which I watch every week.

I dunno, I like it. At home we have CMT, GAC and CMT Pure which is the channel with only videos, on our comcast cable, but I don't really watch music videos in the family room...everyone else would be bored. haha. They all like country music, but they aren't obsessed with it like I am.

I love the new song from the Zac Brown Band...I think it is called Whatever It Is...great song.

Denver Country

Any of you hear of the Railbenders? Ever been to see them play a show? I highly recommend them for you country fans. Website is: railbenders.com They are from the great state of Colorado and do us proud. The Railbenders have opened shows for Charlie Daniels, Dwight Yokum, Willie Nelson.... and they are damn good.
    I live for Him, He died for me...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been hearing this new song by a group called Glorianna I think it is called Wild Heart.

I love this song.

What a peppy little feel good song it is.

Oh... and I still hate Sugarland.

I'm listening to 90's country today through CBS radio.

I have been hearing this new song by a group called Glorianna I think it is called Wild Heart.

I love this song.

What a peppy little feel good song it is.

Oh... and I still hate Sugarland.

I'm listening to 90's country today through CBS radio.
    I Beleive I made a double thread. Sorry. I'll have it taken care of.