Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Joey Harrington released

he was just released by the Lions....how about him competing for back up??

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DET/9323430
    Last edited by watchthemiddle; 03-20-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Doesn't want as much money as the Lions then I'm all for it.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that at all. He's got good size, a nice arm, and he's certainly mobile enough.

He may want to go somewhere where he has a good chance of starting though. Where that is, I don't know, but you see my point...

Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that.

He's no threat to Jake.

I don't think Joey Harrington possess the leadership abilities of being a starting NFL QB.

He's more of a back-up guy.

EDITED because I didn't finish my thought.
    Last edited by The Dark Knight; 03-20-2006 at 04:17 PM.

NO WAY!

Martz is such a fibber...he can win with Harrington? pfft...yeah, McCown will be the starter come next season.

But if Joey was willing to take the salary of a 2nd string QB, then sure...with some work Shanny might be able to get him to blossom.
    “There can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven.” - Robert Green Ingersoll

I like young Joey Harrington but I don't think he would be any good for Denver.
    He had all the weapons in Detroit. Feels more like he couldn't get it done. However, best wishes finding a job Joey.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

here comes jay cutler
    Blet

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator
    He had all the weapons in Detroit. Feels more like he couldn't get it done. However, best wishes finding a job Joey.

I don't think he can be a starter but I think he'd be a decent backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator
    Whats the use in having weapons when your line prevents you from using them.

I think he would've done tons better if he got the blocking he needed.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangePeel
    here comes jay cutler
    I bet you one CP that McCown will emerge as the answer to the Lions QB situation.

Cutler is overrated btw.
    “There can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven.” - Robert Green Ingersoll

I'll take him...but he better steer clear of Boulder...:)

I have no objections to bringing Joey here under Shanahan to learn the QB position better. Can you really fault anyone for failing in Detroit or Arizona??? I mean you're almost expected by the rest of the league to suck...the town's and their fans' are just delusional

He'd be a fine QB addition and would definitely take the #2 job from BLVP....but I'd caution him from going to a CU game anytime soon less he get his arse kicked for that little clinic he put on in the rose bowl 5 years ago....

What about the Raiders taking him? They need a QB and it doesn't look as if Young, Leinert or Cutler is gonna be around for the Raiders #1 pick.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Quote Originally Posted by Giveemlove
    What about the Raiders taking him? They need a QB and it doesn't look as if Young, Leinert or Cutler is gonna be around for the Raiders #1 pick.
    With NO taking Brees its actually almost a sure thing that either Cutler or Young will be available at #7.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncsfan87
    With NO taking Brees its actually almost a sure thing that either Cutler or Young will be available at #7.

That Brees deal sure shook up the draft spots.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Living in Detroit I can tell you that Joey does not fit Denver's offense. Honestly I think he fits more in a vertical passing game, he is not the most accurate guy on intermediate and short balls but has a nice touch on deep balls. I think he will end up in KC or Oak and might actually do well for them. As far as the Lions qb situation McCown will be the starter at some point in the season. One thing I must say about the Lions is the Myth that Joey had all these Weapons. M. Williams is a BUST- He is way too big, C. Rodgers was suspended and cant get open, and R. Williams has a chance to be great- but is already a pre modonna like TO, Moss without the production.