Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthemiddle
    he was just released by the Lions....how about him competing for back up??

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DET/9323430

i say no. mike mcman was released from the eagles i say we pick him up . before we pick up a guy like harrington.

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind that at all. He's got good size, a nice arm, and he's certainly mobile enough.

He may want to go somewhere where he has a good chance of starting though. Where that is, I don't know, but you see my point...
    Exactly what I was going to say. But I think he'd be a solid backup. And we wouldn't crash down if BVP was our back up.

Harrington

He's never failed with the Browns, why would the Broncos be interested in him?
    Becides, he is a starter in this league. Someone will give him a chance.....Maybe the Faiders!

I think the Lions are gonna trade with the Jets to #4 and take Vince Young...

Quote Originally Posted by Broncsfan87
    I bet you one CP that McCown will emerge as the answer to the Lions QB situation.

Cutler is overrated btw.

ill take that
    I dont trust Mccown as a starterl, way to inconsistent. And if you think the Arizona line was bad, the pass blockign doesnt get much better in detroit. He could see some sucess, with a running game, and the williams's, but hes a very streaky player.
    and as far as the issue of Cutler being overrated, any guy that can have the kind of year he had at Vanderbilt in the toughest conference in the country, has talent to burn IMHO.
    Blet

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed
    He's never failed with the Browns, why would the Broncos be interested in him?
    Becides, he is a starter in this league. Someone will give him a chance.....Maybe the Faiders!
    He was never on the Browns?

Anyway, although Kap would love to have him on the team, I wouldn't. He's just not good enough for the NFL. Right now, we shouldn't go for a QB, not even a backup, we should focus on other needs.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by trick83
    i say no. mike mcman was released from the eagles i say we pick him up . before we pick up a guy like harrington.
    Are you nuts? Harrington is much more talented and matured then McMahon. I'll admit, that's not saying much, since Harrington has been Mr. underachiever, but Mike McMahon is awful. At least, Joey looked good sometimes. Given a decent team and offense, I think Joey could be a sufficient starter. He's got a cannon for an arm and rarely gets sacked because of his quick drop and fire tactics.

id take harrington if he was willing to take #2 money.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

FYI-

Most experienced backup QB's get large paychecks because teams view them as insurance policies. That money could be better used by the Broncos FO.

That was probably why Jeff Garcia never landed here.

B.V.P. will do.

Joey Harrington does fit our offense. He is mobile and can run the play action pass game just fine.

With the coaching of Shanny and some time to regain his confidence he could become a good player in a few years when Plummer is ready to hang it up.

I say offer him back-up money and get him in here to work with our WR and begin learning the system.