Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    427

    What is the X-Factor for this year?

    I think we all have high hopes for this team again. We have most of our core players back, the only major loss I see is prob MA, and hopefully he can be replaced with a Dayne/Tater combo. I feel Lang shoudl be enough to fill Pryce's shoes, and Putz helped us, and hurt us at the same time. We needed better blocking from him, and he wasnt progressing, so we had to move on.
    As bronco fans we have been accustomed to making the playoffs, but its been almost a decade (not quite) since Elway and TD led us to our last super bowl. What do you think it will take for us to cross the hump. If there was one player or unit that you feel has the potential to vault us from being a playoff team, to being a super bowl team, who would it be and why? What is the X-factor for success this season?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    6,354
    Quote Originally Posted by ydave77
    I think we all have high hopes for this team again. We have most of our core players back, the only major loss I see is prob MA, and hopefully he can be replaced with a Dayne/Tater combo. I feel Lang shoudl be enough to fill Pryce's shoes, and Putz helped us, and hurt us at the same time. We needed better blocking from him, and he wasnt progressing, so we had to move on.
    As bronco fans we have been accustomed to making the playoffs, but its been almost a decade (not quite) since Elway and TD led us to our last super bowl. What do you think it will take for us to cross the hump. If there was one player or unit that you feel has the potential to vault us from being a playoff team, to being a super bowl team, who would it be and why? What is the X-factor for success this season?
    I think the X factor next year will be the improved play of Darrent Willimans and Dominic Foxworth. People forget as good as they were, they were just rookies last year. They should take it to the next level and with Champ we should have some of the best CBs in the league IMHO.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco
    I think the X factor next year will be the improved play of Darrent Willimans and Dominic Foxworth. People forget as good as they were, they were just rookies last year. They should take it to the next level and with Champ we should have some of the best CBs in the league IMHO.
    i agree i look forward to the whole darrent/foxworth play. they had great rookie seasons and thats what im looking forward to next season
    Canadian broncos fan for life

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California
    Posts
    148
    I just re-read this post before submitting, and it's sorta all over the place. But that really is because the Broncos last year were pretty darn good in a lot of areas, but not truly excellent in any. I'm pointing to three things that need improvement.

    First, there wasn't a good enough threat deep because Ashley ran poor routes or Plummer seriously under/over threw him on plenty of occasions. They just didn't connect and the timing was off. This really needs to improve with Ashley/Plummer or Terrel/Plummer (That's David Terrel, not Terrel Owens)

    Second was our extremely poor showing on third down defense. We got absolutely killed on third down in the championship game.

    Lastly was the run game really sucked the last few games of the season. MA ran outa gas and Tatum Bell just looked confused.

    So who are the X-factors?

    Dayne/David Terrel/Duke.

    I really am looking to a number of things. I think Ron Dayne will step up and be a big improvement over MA, even though I liked MA a lot. I'd also see us getting anoher back in the draft (Mike Bell??) that could make a contribution.

    I think David Terrel will step up and Plummer will get his timing down with a receiver for those 20-35 yard passes.

    Beats me if I know how to improve our 3rd down defense. Perhaps some additions to our D-Line through the draft will help.

    Last on my wish-list is an outstanding Tight End. Maybe Duke can contribute next season, which is why I listed him one of the X-Factors above. But he's unproven, so that might just be hopeful thinking.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Arvada,CO
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco
    I think the X factor next year will be the improved play of Darrent Willimans and Dominic Foxworth. People forget as good as they were, they were just rookies last year. They should take it to the next level and with Champ we should have some of the best CBs in the league IMHO.
    Ya all they need is to stay healthy/and if we get a good pass rush it will make them look even better.
    [IMG]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3604/poweroverspeedsig9by.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    victoria, bc
    Posts
    2,200
    at this point, if i can only pick one answer, i am going to go with ron dayne. i think he is going to emerge as the stud buffalo that gets around 25 touches a game and be a major pressence for us.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


    "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_dance9
    i agree i look forward to the whole darrent/foxworth play. they had great rookie seasons and thats what im looking forward to next season
    Ya same here man I wanna see what they got. I'm sure they'll do great.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by ydave77
    I think we all have high hopes for this team again. We have most of our core players back, the only major loss I see is prob MA, and hopefully he can be replaced with a Dayne/Tater combo. I feel Lang shoudl be enough to fill Pryce's shoes, and Putz helped us, and hurt us at the same time. We needed better blocking from him, and he wasnt progressing, so we had to move on.
    As bronco fans we have been accustomed to making the playoffs, but its been almost a decade (not quite) since Elway and TD led us to our last super bowl. What do you think it will take for us to cross the hump. If there was one player or unit that you feel has the potential to vault us from being a playoff team, to being a super bowl team, who would it be and why? What is the X-factor for success this season?

    Why does everyone seem to think that Putz was not progressing?

    The only reason he is gone is because he would not take a pay cut. Period.

    Had he taken a cut he'd still be on the roster.

    BTW to think that the CB combo will improve exponentially next year is wishing and a false hope. They are what they are, but some improvement will happen. Don't expect two more Champs to be on the field.

    We need to get seriously better on the returns. we had good improvement over the year before but still can do much better.
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 03-21-2006 at 12:31 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Broncoville, TN
    Posts
    9,960
    I think the X-factor for the Broncos will rest with our DE and the pass rushers.
    I really think that is the area that will push us over.

    As for an offensive playmaker, we have the talent we simply need those talents to step up, step in, be consistent, and highly successful.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    Why does everyone seem to think that Putz was not progressing?

    The only reason he is gone is because he would not take a pay cut. Period.

    Had he taken a cut he'd still be on the roster.
    He just signed the contract. So for him to be cut so soon he must have not met Shanny's expectations. I never thought he was worth the contract he signed. Atleast he'll be getting Jacked up in a Texans uniform. He got crushed every week. I actually liked his toughness. I just thought he wasnt productive in the red zone.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    239
    I hope a good amount, if not all of the following, will exceed expectations:

    David Terrell
    Wesley Duke
    Ron Dayne
    ASHLEY LELIE (kid is a beast, just watch Brom's Catches of 2005 vid)
    Darius Watts
    Kenard Lang (something about me feels like he's going to be a beast)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Homestead, Fl
    Posts
    1,254
    The X-Factor this year shall be Lelie.

    PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    Why does everyone seem to think that Putz was not progressing?

    The only reason he is gone is because he would not take a pay cut. Period.

    Had he taken a cut he'd still be on the roster.

    BTW to think that the CB combo will improve exponentially next year is wishing and a false hope. They are what they are, but some improvement will happen. Don't expect two more Champs to be on the field.

    We need to get seriously better on the returns. we had good improvement over the year before but still can do much better.
    Apparantly, Putz was willing to take a pay cut, the Broncos simply felt they needed to move in a different direction.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,600
    IMO, the "X-Factor" for the Broncos will be the D-Line. Everythjing starts with the D-line on defense.



    Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

    There are three things you can expect in life:

    1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamunmun
    Apparantly, Putz was willing to take a pay cut, the Broncos simply felt they needed to move in a different direction.

    Where do you get this? It is not true. Not according to comments from his agent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •