Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shanahan may pull a fast one?

Ricky Williams will appeal his fourth failed drug test and a one year suspension this week. What if he just missed the test and didn't fail? Watch for Mike S. to move quick to get his rights. This gives us so much more freedom in the first round. If a QB fell we could get one. Now we are waiting to see if Lendale or Williams will be around at the #15 pick. With eyes on Maroney at #22 if they are gone. What do you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by T8KNOVR
    Ricky Williams will appeal his fourth failed drug test and a one year suspension this week. What if he just missed the test and didn't fail? Watch for Mike S. to move quick to get his rights. This gives us so much more freedom in the first round. If a QB fell we could get one. Now we are waiting to see if Lendale or Williams will be around at the #15 pick. With eyes on Maroney at #22 if they are gone. What do you think?
    Nah, I'd rather see him draft somebody in the mid rounds.

how will drafting a quaterback with our top pick help us get over the hump and reach the superbowl? while ricky williams would be a great addition to our team, i'd hope that by acquiring him we wouldnt think we needed to draft a quaterback. jake had a career year last year and he's only 31, so i dont see mike wanting to replace him just yet....

With a good passrush, we can win with Plummer. I'm sure we'll be drafting a TE early, 2nd or 3rd round. A runningback like Mike Bell from AZ should be there in the 4th round, hopefully. Just immagine Bunley and Warren side by side with Brown and whoever on the other side................even Lang, but we should be able to grab Hali with the #22 since his poor showing at his pro day.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDiver
    With a good passrush, we can win with Plummer. I'm sure we'll be drafting a TE early, 2nd or 3rd round. A runningback like Mike Bell from AZ should be there in the 4th round, hopefully. Just immagine Bunley and Warren side by side with Brown and whoever on the other side................even Lang, but we should be able to grab Hali with the #22 since his poor showing at his pro day.
    Welcome to the Boards, fellow Hooiser!

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanIN
    Welcome to the Boards, fellow Hooiser!
    i'd have to pass on williams ..
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

From what i understand is that a missed test is a failed test in the eyes of the NFL. If thats the case i don't see how he can successfully apeal it.

noooooooooooooo. he's a good player, but wont play cuz hes suspended so much. would be a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by rockrules40
    From what i understand is that a missed test is a failed test in the eyes of the NFL. If thats the case i don't see how he can successfully apeal it.
    I believe the reports of him "missing" the test were just rumors. I've read several articles saying he actually failed the test, and his people are claiming the "medicine" that he's been taking to refresh his body over in India may have triggered the "fail". Ricky has spent the last two off-seasons in India studying yoga, and holistic medicines, so basically the appeal is that it was not marajuana in his system, but some other substance, that is not illegal. Either way, I'd love to see him in a Broncos uniform, either as a starter, or the guy in the rear view mirror, pushing the others to perform better.

Smile Ricky a Bronco????

Ricky Williams is a space cadet. Alot of running talent, but very little intelligence. He doesn't act like someone who could understand what the Broncos want in a player. There are many safer options that paying an idiot who drives 95 down the Interstate in an SUV. Bell, from Arizona, in the 4th round is a much safer option.

Ricky for cheap would be great. But I wouldn't spend too much to bring him on.

FYI - he did fail a test but it didn't register as marijuana.....something else that has not been released to the public. He swears he is clean.......we shall see.

Regardless, if we could get him I'd love it. When he has his head out of the clouds he is good for 1500+ and would work nicely in our offense.

Dimi
    [SIZE=4]BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DimiHorn
    FYI - he did fail a test but it didn't register as marijuana.....something else that has not been released to the public. He swears he is clean.......we shall see.Dimi
    Where did you get this info Dimi? I think we could get him for this years compensetory 4th round pick and a incentive loaded contract!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where did you get this info Dimi? I think we could get him for this years compensetory 4th round pick and a incentive loaded contract!

You can't trade comp picks, but if he does win his appeal I would consider bringing him on for a 4th rounder. No more, but certainly (and hopefully) less.

It would be interesting to see two Heisman winners in the backfield; guys who are 1 and 2 in most rushing yards in their college careers.

Here is the quote for one of many articles reporting this. A doctor friend of mine tole me that there is a possibility that Ricky's anxiety meds could have triggered a false positive.

"The substance for which he tested positive has not been revealed, although it is neither marijuana nor steroids, according to three sources."

Article link below:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/14200678.htm

Dimi
    [SIZE=4]BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS[/SIZE]

What is a good price?

Dimi, if he was available what should the Broncos offer? I say give the Phins our 3rd pick and give him 2 million a year with a one year option. Any thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]