Hybrid View

Broncos interested in Joey Harrington?

ESPN insider......can't check it out.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/featu...tures%2frumors

Ok seriously......Joey Harrington wouldn't last 1 quarter on our field. It takes some think skin to be QB on a team like ours. We have standards for our QB's and very high expectations. I'd rather have BVP on the bench then Harrington, and I definatly don't think he could ever play at a higher lvl then Jake.

Next....

There was a posting ( I forget where, PFT? nfl.com?) that said that Harrington was kind of a jerk when asked to go do things to improve himself (i.e. QB school with Martz).

That's why he was let go.

If he's gonna have an attitude, and doesn't want to accept a back up role, then I thinkhe has nothing to offer Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    There was a posting ( I forget where, PFT? nfl.com?) that said that Harrington was kind of a jerk when asked to go do things to improve himself (i.e. QB school with Martz).

That's why he was let go.

If he's gonna have an attitude, and doesn't want to accept a back up role, then I thinkhe has nothing to offer Denver.
    I agree, I don't think he will ever be happy with a back up role, plus I don't ever see myself being able to cheer for him after what he did to the Buffs a few years back!
    Go Broncos!
    Go Avs!
    Go Nuggets!

Question

That article basically stated that the Broncos asked Millen how much they wanted in a trade, but it was not a likely scenario, because Harrington is looking for $2 million a year. They said Denver is not likely to pay that much for a backup QB.

Following up with idle speculation from myself, there are a few other teams that are interested in him and I don't think his price tag will come down far enough for us to sign him. Regardless if he would work out here or not.
    I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

There's also mention of Harrington on the Bengals website.

I'd rather play behind Plummer, personally, but the Bengals are probably the more attractive location. We've got a bigger need, and may part with a draft pick in trade. However, they'd definitely force Harrington to restructure if he came this way.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals
    There's also mention of Harrington on the Bengals website.

I'd rather play behind Plummer, personally, but the Bengals are probably the more attractive location. We've got a bigger need, and may part with a draft pick in trade. However, they'd definitely force Harrington to restructure if he came this way.

more attractive location? he would have to live in the nati! i don't know if you've ever been to denver whodey, but. . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

booooooooooooooooooooooooooo he sucks

Hmmmmm, Harrington with a bad attitude?

This is the guy who stood for other players(who weren't producing) accusing him of being the reason Mariucci was fired. He's signed to a team with horrific admin, and coaches who constantly undermined his position.
    Then Martz and Marinelli come in with their 'We're sticking with Joey', and what do they do? sign McCown and Kitna!
    He goes to their QB school, does everything he's asked to do, and the next thing he knows, it's 'We're moving on without Joey'!

Damn skippy I'd be pissed, but all he's said is that he's disappointed it didn't work out, and that he hopes he can perform for whoever he goes to.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro

This is the guy who stood for other players(who weren't producing) accusing him of being the reason Mariucci was fired. He's signed to a team with horrific admin, and coaches who constantly undermined his position.
    Then Martz and Marinelli come in with their 'We're sticking with Joey', and what do they do? sign McCown and Kitna!
    He goes to their QB school, does everything he's asked to do, and the next thing he knows, it's 'We're moving on without Joey'!

Damn skippy I'd be pissed, but all he's said is that he's disappointed it didn't work out, and that he hopes he can perform for whoever he goes to.

sure he's upset-- and if he needs any "consolation," i bet i know someone who wouldn't mind. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    sure he's upset-- and if he needs any "consolation," i bet i know someone who wouldn't mind. . . .
    Well yes, but that aside, I still think he'll be a good deal for us.

I adopted Skywalker

Well yes, but that aside, I still think he'll be a good deal for us.

i must admit, i like virtually anyone better than BVP. . . .

Well, I am just parroting what I read in the Detroit News.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...73239967834517

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...73239968080422

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    Yep, I've seen those too.

I adopted Skywalker

This will probably put a end to this rumor.