Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Memorable TD Celebrations

SI's most memorable TD celebrations.

This actually seems like one of the better lists I've seen. They've got Chad Johnson, the Ickey Shuffle, and TD's Mile High Salute in there.

What are some that got left off that deserve to be on there?

I personally think that Steve Smith's rowboat celebration and TO's Dallas Star celebration deserve to be on there, despite the fact that I hate TO. I don't think I'll ever forget TO getting decked the second time. That was priceless.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals
    SI's most memorable TD celebrations.

This actually seems like one of the better lists I've seen. They've got Chad Johnson, the Ickey Shuffle, and TD's Mile High Salute in there.

What are some that got left off that deserve to be on there?

I personally think that Steve Smith's rowboat celebration and TO's Dallas Star celebration deserve to be on there, despite the fact that I hate TO. I don't think I'll ever forget TO getting decked the second time. That was priceless.
    You can't forget also Gerald Wilhite of the Broncos in the 80s did a backflip and
    Billy White Shoes Johnson with Houston being the first to dance in the 70s.

BTW the Ickey Shuffle from 1988 was cool. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco
    You can't forget also Gerald Wilhite of the Broncos in the 80s did a backflip and
    Billy White Shoes Johnson with Houston being the first to dance in the 70s.

BTW the Ickey Shuffle from 1988 was cool. LOL
    The Ickey Shuffle was the big thing when I was really getting into the Bengals! It's too bad Ickey only played for 4 years - a couple years after he retired, he knocked on my front door, and wanted to sell my family meat out of the back of his truck!

Now he's the head coach of a women's tackle football team. Go figure.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

I like Chad Johnson's TD when he scored, he stared posing and Peter Warrick took pictures of him.
    I'm on Twitter!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Quote Originally Posted by AsianOrange
    I like Chad Johnson's TD when he scored, he stared posing and Peter Warrick took pictures of him.
    That was probably my favorite CJ celebration! Of course, he's had plenty of good ones, because no one can keep him out of the endzone.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    My favorite is:

I love when they do that.

Just like Barry Sanders, one of the classies players ever.

Ironic CJ got fined for asking not to get fined

I have to agree with Steve Smith's rowboat celebration, that one had me laughing hard
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

my personal favorite is when CJ did the tiger woods.....I also liked when the Stl. Rams used to huddle around the ball like it was a camp fire, but that was a while back.........
    [COLOR=Orange][SIZE=3]"It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Blue]R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]R.I.P. Sean Taylor[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2005/williams_darrent_050928.jpg [/IMG] [IMG]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/lbwolf28/seantaylor-07-1.jpg[/IMG]

some personal favorites of mine are Joe Horn getting the cell phone from the cover of the field goal post and any of CJs celebrations, theyre all pretty good.............i remember him talking about a deer last year, i wonder what happened to that

I'll be happy when somebody perfects a tap dancing gorrilla routine.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    some personal favorites of mine are Joe Horn getting the cell phone from the cover of the field goal post and any of CJs celebrations, theyre all pretty good.............i remember him talking about a deer last year, i wonder what happened to that
    After he scored the TD, he looked around and was asking where the deer was. He acted like he was mad when they didn't bring it out. Then he went and did his Santa Claus routine on the sideline, handing out autographed balls, shirts, and even some mini helmets. It had the crowd going wild.

I was at that game.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Jared, what is the problem with celebrating? Its an entertainment business, bottom line. Fans love celebrating. ALTHOUGH, it just goes to show you how great a person Barry Sanders and others who never celebrated. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the guys who showboat, all in good humor, like CJ.

Glad to see TD on there.

Steve Smith's kayake is my all time favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by RoorRipper
    Jared, what is the problem with celebrating? Its an entertainment business, bottom line. Fans love celebrating. ALTHOUGH, it just goes to show you how great a person Barry Sanders and others who never celebrated. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the guys who showboat, all in good humor, like CJ.

Glad to see TD on there.

Steve Smith's kayake is my all time favorite.
    I find it to be boorish behavior that draws attention to a supposed individual accomplishment (which is farcical, at best, because a WR cannot snap the ball to himself, block d-lineman to give himself time to throw the ball to himself. At least RB can take a direct snap), in a team sport.

It screams "Look at what I did. I'm THE man! I hope they put this on SportCenter!"

It is a huge turn off for me as a fan, if I were on the competition committee, anything other than high fives or the usual little head butts and whatever in the endzone would be an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty attached not to where they kickoff, but where they next return a kick to.

It is unprofessional, and unbecoming of a grown man, especially one who gets paid to get to the end zone. There is nothing to special about doing what you get paid at least 6 figures to do.