Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    I find it to be boorish behavior that draws attention to a supposed individual accomplishment (which is farcical, at best, because a WR cannot snap the ball to himself, block d-lineman to give himself time to throw the ball to himself. At least RB can take a direct snap), in a team sport.
    It screams "Look at what I did. I'm THE man! I hope they put this on SportCenter!"
    It is a huge turn off for me as a fan, if I were on the competition committee, anything other than high fives or the usual little head butts and whatever in the endzone would be an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty attached not to where they kickoff, but where they next return a kick to.
    It is unprofessional, and unbecoming of a grown man, especially one who gets paid to get to the end zone. There is nothing to special about doing what you get paid at least 6 figures to do.
    You make valid points in the first part of this post, ones that I do not object.

But I am for damn sure glad you aren't on the committee! Dude... Whats wrong with Steve Smith jousting himself? Ashley Lelie surfing a wave? Donovan McNabb doing the Michael Jackson? Maybe you are just old-fashioned (not insinuating at all that's a bad thing).
    Your last sentence actually proves my point. They are the only ones who are ABLE to do what they do and that is why America pays them the money they earn. You have to realize these guys did not grow up rich or with cameras in their faces constantly. It isn't being conceited (well, it is) it's just enjoying the celebrity that they have EARNED.

You dont like Heins Ward doing the T.O. wing-flap? Chad Johnson walking around the endzone like a wind-up doll?

TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN JARED.

i thought some of Steve Smiths' celebrations were lame. like the boat rowing, and the butt-wiping of the ball.

besides Chad Johnsons picture taken by Warrick (hilarious) i thought the one where he picked up the pylon and putted the football was a good one too.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_black
    i thought some of Steve Smiths' celebrations were lame. like the boat rowing, and the butt-wiping of the ball.

besides Chad Johnsons picture taken by Warrick (hilarious) i thought the one where he picked up the pylon and putted the football was a good one too.
    The kayake!!! Oh man. I stated earlier that was the best celebration i've ever seen.

Silver, get your head right.

Quote Originally Posted by RoorRipper
    The kayake!!! Oh man. I stated earlier that was the best celebration i've ever seen.

Silver, get your head right.
    really? hah, nothin against Smith, i just thought it was too planned out. not that funny.

has anybody ever done pull-ups on the goal posts? that'd be a good one.

really? hah, nothin against Smith, i just thought it was too planned out. not that funny.

has anybody ever done pull-ups on the goal posts? that'd be a good one.
    Nah just dunks. Wesley Duke attempted a reverse dunk but got denied by the goal post, that was pretty damn funny. Jeb Putzier started laughing AT him but it was all good.

When T.O. scored and just stood up straight and flexed... I thought that was so damn hilarious because he was dead serious.

T.O. is the man.

Nah just dunks. Wesley Duke attempted a reverse dunk but got denied by the goal post, that was pretty damn funny. Jeb Putzier started laughing AT him but it was all good.

When T.O. scored and just stood up straight and flexed... I thought that was so damn hilarious because he was dead serious.

T.O. is the man.
    i think i remember that, wait Duke actually scored in a game?

its hard not to like TO on the field. i mean that guys pure entertainment. no doubt a cancerous team killer, even that was entertaining.

i loved it when he stomped on the "Star" in Dallas

i think i remember that, wait Duke actually scored in a game?

its hard not to like TO on the field. i mean that guys pure entertainment. no doubt a cancerous team killer, even that was entertaining.

i loved it when he stomped on the "Star" in Dallas
    Yea dude the catch was awesome too. He caught it falling on his back and got up, ran over, and got blocked by a goal-post. The teammates were grilling him on the sidelines but joking of course.

Drew Rosenhaus is the cancer. He basically brainwashed T.O. into thinking that he deserved more money (Drew wanted to get in T.O.'s pockets) and TO bought it. He was obviously happy with his original contract, because he signed for it, Drew is just a master at his profession and players easily get brainwashed by him.

Not brainwashed, but seriously confused.

EDIT: Yea, that LaMont Jordan celebration was very clever.

i know i sound like a huge homer, but i think Lamont Jordan chopping down the goal post with the football is pretty clever

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco
    You can't forget also Gerald Wilhite of the Broncos in the 80s did a backflip and
    Billy White Shoes Johnson with Houston being the first to dance in the 70s.

BTW the Ickey Shuffle from 1988 was cool. LOL
    I used to love that when he did backflips in the endzone. Pretty tough to do with all those pads on.

I also liked Sammy Winder's mud walk. Not spectacular but it was comical to watch.

You make valid points in the first part of this post, ones that I do not object.

But I am for damn sure glad you aren't on the committee! Dude... Whats wrong with Steve Smith jousting himself? Ashley Lelie surfing a wave? Donovan McNabb doing the Michael Jackson? Maybe you are just old-fashioned (not insinuating at all that's a bad thing).
    All dumb moves. How about getting to the sidelines, and figuring out how to do it again? That would be optimal.

Your last sentence actually proves my point. They are the only ones who are ABLE to do what they do and that is why America pays them the money they earn. You have to realize these guys did not grow up rich or with cameras in their faces constantly. It isn't being conceited (well, it is) it's just enjoying the celebrity that they have EARNED.
    So your argument is either that they can't help themselves, because famous athletes have no sense of control near a camera, or that they are egomaniacs? That not exactly convincing to me.

You dont like Heins Ward doing the T.O. wing-flap? Chad Johnson walking around the endzone like a wind-up doll?
    1) nope

2) Hell no

3) Hated it, and wondered why no flag was thrown for excessive celebration.

TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN JARED.

No frowns, just offered my opinion. If don't like it or don't agree, ok. But trying to convince me otherwise is fruitless. I just believe that there is a certain way to win and lose and play with class.