Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

JAY CUTLER is NOT Ben Roethlisberger

I would not spend the #15 on him and I certainly wouldn't move up. Big Ben was a great player in college who led Miami (OH) to a great season in his last year. Cutler, though competing against obviously superior competition, never led his team to a bowl game. If Cutler had ELWAY type talent, his teams record in college could be excused as it was for John, but he doesn't. If he is there # 22, I would certainly take a chance on cutler there; that is the luxury of having 2 # 1's. the flexibilty to take risks.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop
    So Plummer's going to retire at age 33?? 2 good years left?? Is this because of the obvious signs........he can't run anymore.......he has missed a lot of games due to injury.........he's coming off back-to-back seasons that were the worst of his career.......... ?? Sacrifice both 1st rd. picks for someone who not only shouldn't be compared to Elway, but will not play a down this year?? No Thanks...........

Outstanding post Points to you.

oh and i forgot about Philip Rivers until this point in his career, you were talking about immediate help, he hasnt really helped much this far into his career

If we make this move its an obvious signal that we're throwing in the towel. This would be one of the worst moves EVER if it went down. Now, picking Cutler if he fell to 22 is another story entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    two words

RYAN LEAF

ring any bells?

Archemides Owl was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    Archemides Owl was being sarcastic.
    Can you say Tommy Maddox or Aaron Rodgers??

geh, so he was .....sarcasms tough to tell over a message board

The issue you run into is there does come a point when you need to groom your future starter. Is Cutler it? I have no clue. Of course some say he may not affect the team at all this year but the way I see it, one of two things will happen if we draft Cutler.

1. Jake's confidence drops. This could be disastrous unless Cutler ended up being like Rothlesberger.

2. We could end up like the Chargers when Philip Rivers single handledly turned the team around. No seriously. Sure he has played one game in two years but I really believe he lit a fire under Drew Brees and took the Chargers from a joke to one tough team. Suddenly LT and Gates and Brees became an unstoppable force. Is it all because of Rivers? No, but he certainly helped. And someone like Cutler could help Jake out too.

Quote Originally Posted by T8KNOVR
    Take #15 and #22 which equal the value of #4 and get Cutler because,

From article:
    If the Broncos have any desire to groom a franchise quarterback, Cutler is the right type for their offense. He's big, strong and mobile enough to play their rollout game. He also has a big arm, author of the second-fastest ball at the combine.

This gets us into the can-Jake-or-can't-he debate, which is not worth starting up again except to point out that he's 31 and hasn't yet. Jake Plummer was the best quarterback available the year the Broncos needed one, and he has developed into an efficient gear in their machine.

Still, the Broncos know better than many franchises the impact a franchise quarterback can make. And whatever excuses they might bring to bear, this fact remains: In their biggest game since John Elway retired, last season's AFC Championship, they were badly outplayed at the position.
    There is no next John Elway, Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, etc. Cutler may or may not develop into a good qb it remains to be seen. Shanahan thinks he has this team ready to take the next step. I don't think he's going to trade up to the number 4 spot in the draft for a guy who will not make any kind of impact this year.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

So, if we draft Jay Cutler, and he comes in for Plummer and totally sucks it up, can we all point and laugh and Brncomtnman?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    I don't think he's going to trade up to the number 4 spot in the draft for a guy who will not make any kind of impact this year.

What if Cutler is available at #15, do we get him then?

The QB position in the 1st round is usually a 2 year plan. Do you guys remember that we drafted Elway's prodigy Griese while John was still under center? We only picked up Jake in 2003 because he was the best free agent at the time, so we thought. In hindsight we should have signed Delhomme from the Saints. We need to plan form the future like we do at every other position on our team. The QB position for the Bronco's is the worst in the NFL. Bradley Van Pelt, come on. If he is the future let's wait 4 years until we get the #1 pick in 2010.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket
    geh, so he was .....sarcasms tough to tell over a message board
    It is indeed difficult to hear the sarcasm in the inflection of one's voice over the internet.

Also, it wouldn't be so hard if some people didn't post ludicrous things like that and actually mean it.

Besides that, I was the one that forgot the sarcasm tag. But then, sarcasm is default for my posts, so I really should have to include a "serious" tag.
    Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 03-31-2006 at 01:17 PM.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSteele
    The issue you run into is there does come a point when you need to groom your future starter. Is Cutler it? I have no clue. Of course some say he may not affect the team at all this year but the way I see it, one of two things will happen if we draft Cutler.

1. Jake's confidence drops. This could be disastrous unless Cutler ended up being like Rothlesberger.

2. We could end up like the Chargers when Philip Rivers single handledly turned the team around. No seriously. Sure he has played one game in two years but I really believe he lit a fire under Drew Brees and took the Chargers from a joke to one tough team. Suddenly LT and Gates and Brees became an unstoppable force. Is it all because of Rivers? No, but he certainly helped. And someone like Cutler could help Jake out too.
    Breeze got a decent target to throw to and had a couple of years experience in the league. Rivers had nothing to do with it.

The reason breeze is gone is twofold.

1. He has a biggie contract.

2. The are not sold on his shoulder being repaired for the money they have to invest in him.

Had his shoulder not been hurt it would have been rivers on the trade block.
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 03-31-2006 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    Breeze got a decent target to throw to and had a couple of years experience in the league. Rivers had nothing to do with it.

The reason breeze is gone is twofold.

He has a biggie contract.

The are not sold on his shoulder being repaired for the money they have to invest in him.

Had his shoulder not been hurt it would have been rivers on the trade block.

don't forget #3. . .

bolts = cheapasses!
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    don't forget #3. . .

bolts = cheapasses!
    That was not meant as number three just a conclusion.

Oh I see now. They really needed a Qb cause breeze was not making it before his break out year.

Then they had delima after paying out biggie money for the #1 pick in the draft breeze figured out the offense their 4th place scedule the sucker punched and lot of teams, gates came to town with LT they had a great Offense.
    But there D sucked that year.

They improved the team overall most in D, then first place schedule caught up with them last year. THEY LOST four HOME games. DUMB
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 03-31-2006 at 01:34 PM.