Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoorRipper
    So, if we draft Jay Cutler, and he comes in for Plummer and totally sucks it up, can we all point and laugh and Brncomtnman?

HAHA!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by T8KNOVR
    let's wait 4 years until we get the #1 pick in 2010.

How on Earth???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Best of luck, TT!

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sbutk
    How on Earth???

That message was directed to those who see Jake's career ending soon and without a backup plan, not Van Pelt, that is the pick we will have following his first season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think you have to take Cutler if he falls to 15, but I wouldn't deal both #1's for someone who won't make an impact in 2007. You guys were 1 game from the Bowl this year; if you hit a home run with one or both of your picks and bring in a player who takes a position of weakness and makes it a position of strength immediately (a la Merriman and Castillo in '05 with the Chargers), the Broncos suddenly become serious SB contenders, if not favorites.

For a team w/o a first rounder last year, I would think you guys would be salivating at the opportunity to add 1st round talents at wideout and on the DL.

If Cutler falls, take him at 15 and then go WR or DL at 22.

If not, take Jackson at 15 and a DL at 22.
    [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4]BOLTS IN '06 BEEEYATCHES![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Rivers
    I think you have to take Cutler if he falls to 15, but I wouldn't deal both #1's for someone who won't make an impact in 2007. You guys were 1 game from the Bowl this year; if you hit a home run with one or both of your picks and bring in a player who takes a position of weakness and makes it a position of strength immediately (a la Merriman and Castillo in '05 with the Chargers), the Broncos suddenly become serious SB contenders, if not favorites.

For a team w/o a first rounder last year, I would think you guys would be salivating at the opportunity to add 1st round talents at wideout and on the DL.

good post, and welcome to the broncos board!

charger fans should have a good perspective on this issue, huh?
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Having Cutler ready when Jake walks off the stage would be ideal, but not at the cost of two first rounders, IMO. Is Cutler really that type of talent? Is he really better than Alex Smith, or Aaron Rogers, or Jason Campbell?

Besides, the Broncos are going to need to use a high pick soon on a playmaking WR - even if Cutler were to take the reins in '07 he'd be set up to fail with a 74 yr-old Rod Smith and human beanpole Lelie as his weapons.

I like the Chargers approach - get the weapons in place while grooming a youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    draft wishlist (subject to change)
    1A. Manny Lawson DE
    1B. John McCargo DT
    2. Charles Spencer OG
    4A. Mike Hass WR
    4.B David Thomas TE
    4C. DonTrell Moore RB
    5. Joe Toledo OT
    6. Jovon Bouknight WR
    Interesting draft list. As an outsider, it certainly appears that Denver's WR corps is worse than some of you think it is.

Are you really comfortable knowing you're a Rod Smith ankle injury away from 7-9?

back'atcha. I'll try to keep it civil until the week we lock horns. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Great post....very objective .
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Interesting draft list. As an outsider, it certainly appears that Denver's WR corps is worse than some of you think it is.

Are you really comfortable knowing you're a Rod Smith ankle injury away from 7-9?

back'atcha. I'll try to keep it civil until the week we lock horns. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Yea, and SD's a Ladanian Tomlinson shredded ACL from being the worst team in the league...

Have fun with Phillip Rivers next year!

no prob-- fans of other teams are welcome here as long as they keep it civil. . . read our code of conduct at the top of the home page-- it's pretty simple, basically just says no name-calling or personal attacks, watch the foul language, and keep the smack talk in the proper forum. . . not too tough! several fans of other teams are among the well-liked and respected regulars here, most of us are pretty open-minded as long as you're not a troll. . .

i don't wanna totally hijack this thread, but i know you haven't read my other posts on the subject, so a fairly brief answer to your question. . . of course, i realize that WR is one of the thinner spots on our roster-- honestly, i was really hoping we would add a vet like moulds or jurevicius (not TO!), and i'm still hoping against hope we swing a trade for javon walker. . .

i do think we'll draft a WR in the 1st round, but it's not what i personally want-- i'm just not convinced about either holmes or jackson, i see bust potential with both, and i think someone like hass or brandon marshall is a better value in the middle rounds. . . i don't wanna see us reach for a WR just because it's a need!! besides, we're a contender, and i'm not sure how much a rookie WR will contribute. . .

i see a pass rushing DE as our biggest need, and as the player that can come in and make an immediate impact, even in a situational role at first. . . although RB isn't our biggest need, i wouldn't mind deangelo williams in the 1st because i think he'd be a great player here, and i'd be totally happy with a TE in the 2nd-- klopfenstein would be my first choice, but fasano is more likely to be there. . .

and charles spencer i just think is gonna be a great value, i see him having pro bowl potential, and as good as our line is, we could use an upgrade over cooper carlisle at ORG-- spencer would give us better size and power without sacrificing any speed or athleticism, and be a great pick for the future. . .

so it's not that i'm unaware of the hole at WR, i'd just rather see us wait 'til next year to address the position with a high pick. . . i'm also curious to see what mike heimerdinger can do for players like darius watts-- rod smith credits dinger for making him the WR he is today. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by T8KNOVR
    That message was directed to those who see Jake's career ending soon and without a backup plan, not Van Pelt, that is the pick we will have following his first season.

Gotcha.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Best of luck, TT!

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Trade both picks for a QB? Right...

You guys are on your own with that one.
    Well if not now then when?
    When are the rest of you gonna wake up and realize that its time to get someone in here and prepare them for the future.
    But oh no lets not take that chance on just a QB why not get another DE or WRs.

Look you guys can say that Jake has 3, 4 or 5 years left until your blue in the face but the fact is that its all just hear say and your opinions.
    The time is now and Im all for the idea of moving up getting Cutler and Im sticking by it.
    We dont neccesarily have to trade away both picks, the broncos are shisters when it comes to this and all they need to do is package a few picks in this years or next years draft to move up a few more spots.

The only reason I see for Denver not to do so is if they can get Vernon Davis, but they can pull this off and still draft at number 22 possibly Jimmy Williams.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-01-2006 at 02:34 PM.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Yea, and SD's a Ladanian Tomlinson shredded ACL from being the worst team in the league...

Have fun with Phillip Rivers next year!
    hahah good point. but why don't you ask Indy who Mike Turner is...

Like JP, Rivers will not be put in a bad position next year. We have a good enough team to play it safe and let our athletes and big men win the games. When PR gets into his comfort zone, watch out. I mean, did you ever see the tangerine bowl? HE'S NOT A ROOKIE...remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    When we're ready to rebuild, perhaps, rather than when we're a game away from the Super Bowl?

Perhaps when that time actually arrives.

Well, if you object to drafting players who can help our team this year...

Yes, and it's an opinion based on evidence. Starting quarterbacks, as a rule, do not retire at the age of 33. Can you offer any reasons to believe that Jake, who's coming off the best year of his career and has shown no signs of slowing down physically, will retire next year or the year after that? If not, I don't think it's unfair to say that your opinion is somewhat less valid than ours.
    How much more do you think a ROOKIE DE Or WRS is gonna help us get to the superbowl in the next two years? Let me say that again ROOKIE.
    We're one game away but we failed because we didnt have a rookie DE or WRs to get us there.

I dont believe that we lost the AFC championship because theres was little pass rush, I was there I seen both Jeb and Ashley open on a number of occassions and jake looked past them while he was searching for Rod.

Jake did nothing but fold in crunch time looking for his number 1 target, which is good but totally dismissed the rest of his offense.

The second year veteran Ben Rothliesburger out played and embarressed the hell out of Jake.

The exsperts are right and you are all full of ignorance.

But I wont put all the blame on Jake, (making up the excuse that maybe hes just blind in one eye) but the O-line failed to do it jobs as well, but do I hear any of you calling for a new O-linemen?
    Hell No lets just blame the defense and forget about the future by drafting a rookie DE to get us a win in the AFC championship.

Your othing but a bunch of ignorant fools in here but I guess that why most of you are hear 24/7 voicing your opinions here and no where else.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Quote Originally Posted by DoJo Chargerfan
    hahah good point. but why don't you ask Indy who Mike Turner is...

Like JP, Rivers will not be put in a bad position next year. We have a good enough team to play it safe and let our athletes and big men win the games. When PR gets into his comfort zone, watch out. I mean, did you ever see the tangerine bowl? HE'S NOT A ROOKIE...remember that!

You make some valid comments but in the mean time you have Marty for a coach and everyone knows he chokes in the clutch.

With the talent Y'all had last year you should have won it going away. But managed to lose 4 at home.

Good luck next year except when you play DEN, but kick some chef and faider butt for us.