View Poll Results: Which coach will rack up the most wins?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Cowher

    0 0%
  • Bill Belichick

    11 64.71%
  • Mike Shanahan

    6 35.29%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    391

    Who could coach the Cardinals the best?

    I thought this should make an interesting thread. Say just for the sake of argument that you owned the Cardinals, and Mike Shanahan, Bill Belichick, and Bill Cowher all wanted to coach your team. Now which coach would do the best? Get the most wins etc.?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by I OrangeCrush I
    I thought this should make an interesting thread. Say just for the sake of argument that you owned the Cardinals, and Mike Shanahan, Bill Belichick, and Bill Cowher all wanted to coach your team. Now which coach would do the best? Get the most wins etc.?
    if Shanny doesn't come packaged with Elway and Davis then he doesnt need to be in that list of candidates.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    160
    Belichick, simply because he's the best in the game.

    I really wish the best for the Cardinals this year, im going to a few games.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,100
    Bill Bellicheck and btw I was the first to vote

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,218

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins4Life
    I'll stay with Nick Saban and Co
    Fins... Fins... Fins....

    WAKE UP!!! THATS YOUR ALARM CLOCK!!

    You are effin dreamin. Saban is a scrub, so is Ronnie Brown.

    Edit: We arent in Talk Smack. My bad.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,178
    I'd put Martz there, as head coach, with a nice defensive coordinator. Martz with warner and that offense, and eventually a new QB, that wouldn't be a fun offense to play against.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12,327
    I went with Billichek, but I think Denny Green will do just fine.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_black
    if Shanny doesn't come packaged with Elway and Davis then he doesnt need to be in that list of candidates.

    I second that, Shanny could'nt coach a peewee team

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,594
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_black
    if Shanny doesn't come packaged with Elway and Davis then he doesnt need to be in that list of candidates.

    hmmmm i wonder what shannys record is since those two left ....say compared to the raiders

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,594
    Quote Originally Posted by The|Snake#16
    I'd put Martz there, as head coach, with a nice defensive coordinator. Martz with warner and that offense, and eventually a new QB, that wouldn't be a fun offense to play against.


    excuse me ...did you say martz


    since this isnt smack ....i must leave now before i issue some responce


    snicker, snicker.... martz he says

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_black
    if Shanny doesn't come packaged with Elway and Davis then he doesnt need to be in that list of candidates.


    i agree-- his 13-3 mark last year was shameful!

    Officially Objectified by the GPA

    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    391
    Well i put Cowher and Shanny up there because they are the longest tenured coaches around. Jeff Fisher is the other one, but in his stay with the Titans he doesnt have nearly the amount of wins shanny has. Belichick is there because of 3 superbowls in five years, that says enough.
    Other coaches that i almost put up there were Mike Holmgren, and Andy Reid, but i see these guys at this point in their careers just a notch below.
    Reasoning for putting Shanahan up there is that he has had like one losing season since becoming the head coach, and that means even after Elway and Davis retired (i believe it was like 7-9 too).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by RoorRipper
    Fins... Fins... Fins....

    WAKE UP!!! THATS YOUR ALARM CLOCK!!

    You are effin dreamin. Saban is a scrub, so is Ronnie Brown.

    Edit: We arent in Talk Smack. My bad.
    I hope you dont plan to totally embarrass yourself this offseason like last year talking all that trash on my Fins....you remembered what happened

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho
    hmmmm i wonder what shannys record is since those two left ....say compared to the raiders
    Broncos 67-45
    Raiders 54-58

    HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012


    ESPNís John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jacksonís performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •