42. You may not vote on this poll
  • LIKE IT

36 85.71%
  • HATE IT

6 14.29%
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Cutler

Jay Cutler

Ok I love the idea that the Broncos now have a legitimate chance at landing a big time player to make a difference and play defensive end or safety.
    It is true that we need some serious help in these areas right now, but its still not immediate with the people we have there right now.
    Why because we've gone years needing help there and made due with what we had.
    So with that said, how many times has and is Denver gonna have the opportunity to move up higher in the draft and draft an eventual successor to Jake?

I say Denver should step up and honor Jake Plummer now by deciding that it is time to get him a young outstanding talent to groom and take the reins for the future.
    There couldnt be a QB controversy with the way Jake has progressed in Denver's
    system but that doesnt rule out the fact that we are gonna need someone to eventually succeed him when his career is all said and done.

Getting Matt Leinart or Vince Young would be a dream come true but thats unlikely for Denver right now.
    But how about this guy?
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...jaycutler.html

Tell me he doesnt fit Denver system almost perfect! Again we do need help at other positions like safety and DE but at this point in time I think Jay could be alot more valuble to us right now and down the road than any defender coming out of this particular draft!

Im Jun Hoard and thats my two cents.
    P.s. Openly admitting to being the perfect closet Broncos fan!
    Last edited by Junn Hoard; 03-31-2006 at 08:20 PM.

How bout we draft what we need and win a Super Bowl now. Jake still has some years to go, so lets worry about replacing him in 2 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Texan
    How bout we draft what we need and win a Super Bowl now. Jake still has some years to go, so lets worry about replacing him in 2 or so years.
    I agree with what june is saying, sure we draft what we need, but one of Mike Shanahans number one rules in the draft are, "never draft for needs, draft the best player on the board" in which case I say yes lets move up high enough to get this guy.
    Sure Im contridiciting myself here by saying lets move up and draft a need but Jay could honestly help us out alot at this time, theres no saying when we'll find someone this talented and this capable at running our offense like jay could sometime.
    Sure we've drafted needs and big talents before in the past such as DJ William and Ashley Lelie, heck we've even signed big name talents like Champ Bailey and Gerrard Warren "NEEDS" to get us to the bowl but you know what, we still havent gotten there and we still havent won it!

So if your asking me what the better investment for this team is at this time, Im gonna have to agree with june and say that its Jay Cutler!
    Also anyone we draft really wont be a starter for a year or two anyway.

Good find June, I enjoyed reading thatBut from now on STOP HATING ON THE TEAM. If your truly a broncos fan, I dont wanna see any more of your bs. posts dogging them out!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-31-2006 at 08:36 PM.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam24
    I agree with what june is saying, sure we draft what we need, but one of Mike Shanahans number one rules in the draft are, "never draft for needs, draft the best player on the board" in which case I say yes lets move up high enough to get this guy.
    Sure Im contridiciting myself here by saying lets move up and draft a need but Jay could honestly help us out alot at this time, theres no saying when we'll find someone so talented and capable at running this offense like he could sometime in the future.
    Sure we drafted for needs and big talents before such as DJ William and Ashley Lelie and signed big talents like Champ Bailey and Gerrard Warren "NEEDS" to get us to the bowl but we still havent gotten there let alone win it!

So if your asking me what the better investment for this team is at this time, Im gonna have to agree with june and say lets draft Cutler! Because anyone we draft really wont be a starter for a year or two anyway.

Very good find June, I enjoyed reading thatBut from now on STOP HATING ON THE TEAM if your truly a broncos fan, because Ive seen some of your post and they are anything but nice!

What about last year drafting 3 CBs no one can tell me they were the BAP. Same goes for MC, this is just last year. What about all the other years.

Mikey uses that crap after he has made a questionable call on DAFT day.

Lets worry about QB that we may need in 3-5 years and get what we REALLY need to take the next step DL. Safety (free), TE (receiving).

Sure getting a decent QB for the future would be nice, but they are NO help this coming year.

Remember the motto NFL NOT FOR LONG.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    What about last year drafting 3 CBs no one can tell me they were the BAP. Same goes for MC, this is just last year. What about all the other years.

Mikey uses that crap after he has made a questionable call on DAFT day.
    Very good point, but after reading that article Im still gonna say that in my mind I think Jay is the best investment for the team at this time.

Come on JR, why not go this route?
    It may not be the player that we ultimately need right now but how many more chances will we get to draft someone with this talent and fitting for the team.
    I understand your point and this is all skeptism right now but the fact is, we've gotten by before without landing the players we really wanted, such as Micheal Clayton or Ed Reed or even TO for that matter.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-31-2006 at 08:43 PM.

Lets worry about QB that we may need in 3-5 years and get what we REALLY need to take the next step DL. Safety (free), TE (receiving).

Sure getting a decent QB for the future would be nice, but they are NO help this coming year.

Remember the motto NFL NOT FOR LONG.
    Ok ok I guess 7 Browns linemen arent enough to cut it! (lol)
    But I still think this kid is to perfect in fitting for the team to pass up and it was a nice idea anyway. (Getting Cutler that is, not the browns linemen)
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-31-2006 at 08:47 PM.

Very good point, but after reading that article Im still gonna say that in my mind I think Jay is the best investment for the team at this time.

It may not be the player that we ultimately need right now but how many more chances will we get to draft someone with this talent and fitting for the team.
    I understand your point and this is all skeptism right now but the fact is, we've gotten by before without landing the players we really wanted, such as Micheal Clayton or Ed Reed or even TO for that matter.

Are you willing to take a flyer on him mortgaging our entire draft, knowing he has the potential to be a another ryan leaf, tim couch. You can probably name a half dozen others.

We need to go after DL fix the problem we know about for sure, before you go to fix tommorrow maybe problems.

We don't fix the areas of need. Who know we may have better access to a top ten pick next year, without giving up on the rest of the draft.

What has cutler really done? Who has he played against? Until late last year he was not a blip on most radar screens, so he had a good day at the combine. Means squat in the NFL.

Are you willing to take a flyer on him mortgaging our entire draft, knowing he has the potential to be a another ryan leaf, tim couch. You can probably name a half dozen others.

We need to go after DL fix the problem we know about for sure, before you go to fix tommorrow maybe problems.

We don't fix the areas of need. Who know we may have better access to a top ten pick next year, without giving up on the rest of the draft.

What has cutler really done? Who has he played against? Until late last year he was not a blip on most radar screens, so he had a good day at the combine. Means squat in the NFL.

Who's to say that these DL, who you think are going to come in and get 15 sacks, don't turn out to be a bust. Happens in the draft all the time, at every position. Every pick is a gamble, so one is no worse than the other.

Well . . .

We came within a whisker a few times of losing games, and actually lost a couple (including Pittsburgh . . . remember?), because QBs had time to eat a quick lunch before our pass rush got to them. In addition, the sore lack of a #3 WR was obvious. This year promises a much tougher schedule than last year. A "quarterback of the future" will not fill those holes. If we don't fill those holes, we could easily come out of 2006-07 as an 8-8 team.

I hope the team focuses on what they need . . . . now.

-----

I definitely think that we need to start thinking about the future at the QB position. I don't know if Shannahan will be willing to make that decision this year.

*climbs into Anti-"Jake bombing" bunker*

hehe lets see if I can survive the fallout from here.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8913/lodohat3nv.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Black00SS
    Who's to say that these DL, who you think are going to come in and get 15 sacks, don't turn out to be a bust. Happens in the draft all the time, at every position. Every pick is a gamble, so one is no worse than the other.
    But trading two firsts for a lower one is doubling the chance of a bad pick. IMHO

BTW I can't think of too many DE/DT that have come in and gotten 15 sacks. I'd personally be happy with 7-9 in the rookie year as others around him would also get more as they concentrate on the rookie. Cumulative effect of a rookie getting 7 translates to 12-15 more for the team total improvement. Before price got his fat contract everyone else was reaping the effects of his Double teams.

Busts happen all the time with QB being one of the leaders in that department.
    Red starter yellow partime starters
    1 1 Alex Smith QB Utah
    1 24 Aaron Rodgers QB California
    1 25 Jason Campbell QB Auburn
    Rd Sel# Player Pos. School
    1 1 Eli Manning QB Mississippi
    1 4 Philip Rivers QB North Carolina State
    1 11 Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami, O.
    1 22 J.P. Losman QB Tulane
    1 1 Carson Palmer QB Southern California
    1 7 Byron Leftwich QB Marshall

1 19 Kyle Boller QB California
    1 22 Rex Grossman

1 1 David Carr QB Fresno State
    1 3 Joey Harrington QB Oregon

1 32 Patrick Ramsey
    1 1 Michael Vick QB Virginia Tech
    2 32 Drew Brees QB Purdue

2 53 Quincy Carter QB Georgia
    2 59 Marques Tuiasosopo
    1 18 Chad Pennington
    1 1 Tim Couch QB Kentucky
    1 2 Donovan McNabb QB Syracuse
    1 3 Akili Smith
    1 1 Peyton Manning QB Tennessee
    1 2 Ryan Leaf
    1 26 Jim Druckenmiller QB Virginia Tech
    2 42 Jake Plummer
    2 42 Tony Banks
    1 3 Steve McNair QB Alcorn State
    1 5 Kerry Collins QB Penn State

2 45 Todd Collins QB Michigan
    2 60 Kordell Stewart
    1 3 Heath Shuler QB Tennessee
    1 6 Trent Dilfer
    1 1 Drew Bledsoe QB Washington State
    1 2 Rick Mirer
    1 6 David Klingler QB Houston
    1 25 Tommy Maddox QB UCLA
    2 40 Matt Blundin
    1 16 Dan McGwire QB San Diego State
    1 24 Todd Marinovich QB Southern California
    2 33 Brett Favre QB Southern Mississippi
    2 34 Browning Nagle
    1 1 Jeff George QB Illinois
    1 7 Andre Ware
    1 1 Troy Aikman QB UCLA
    2 32 Mike Elkins

Not many for sures on this list are there?
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 04-01-2006 at 10:34 AM.

Think you forgot Charlie Frye on that list. He got some starts for the Browns.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8913/lodohat3nv.jpg

Let's see Jake is going to play for around 3-5 years. We draft a big name college star QB and pay him a ton of money. He backs up Jake for the next 3 years. He then is a free agent or a restrictive free agent and we just groomed a QB for another team.

We draft a DE, TE, or WR. They play this year at the least next year. We pay them a ton of money but we get an investment out of that money. Sounds like a much better plan to me.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12