View Poll Results: Who is our strongest competition in the West?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chargers

16 16.16%
  • Chiefs

81 81.82%
  • Raiders

2 2.02%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I say the Chiefs not only because of their good offense, but the fact we still haven't won in Arrowhead!!!
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8913/lodohat3nv.jpg

The game at Mile High next year should be a win for Denver. However, on Thanksgiving (short week), we have to play KC at Arrowhead again as LoyalSoldier elluded to. Not looking forward to that game, although I have already been invited to attend from a dear KC friend! (I'm making my apologies to my wife now)...

Anyway, I see KC as a real threat. The offense is solid, and when that O line is clicking they Steamroll people. I know the first time we played them last year, we did very well as Trevor Pryce was in the backfield more than Trent Green! That second game at arrowhead was a different story as W. Roaf came back from his injury and held Pryce in check. After that, they unleashed LJ on us and we gasped for air the rest of the game. Thats pretty scary, because we didnt even come close to stopping them. They ran on us at will.

However, with that being said, the team is a year older, they have a different coach (track record at Jets wasnt too good), and I think one of the losses that may hurt more than they wish will be the loss of FB Richardson. He was a lockeroom favorite, and opened up some huge wholes for LJ.

Still KC will be around and kicking next year. But, I give the edge to Denver though. It's denvers to lose, and it starts this April. Looking forward to see what we do in the draft!

Chargers!!

It's obvious......

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSoldier
    I say the Chiefs not only because of their good offense, but the fact we still haven't won in Arrowhead!!!
    Yes, we have just not in DEC for a long time. It is those bitter cold dec's in KC that they have tihe edge on EVERYONE.

This should be different this time as it played in NOV.

Without seeing the rest of the schedule and who we play where I'll withhold doom and gloom for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    Yes, we have just not in DEC for a long time. It is those bitter cold dec's in KC that they have tihe edge on EVERYONE.

This should be different this time as it played in NOV.

Without seeing the rest of the schedule and who we play where I'll withhold doom and gloom for now.
    Actually that shouldn't make much of a difference. Just like Denver hardly ever loses at home, Kansas City hardly ever loses at home.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    Actually that shouldn't make much of a difference. Just like Denver hardly ever loses at home, Kansas City hardly ever loses at home.
    oh contraire
    *****KC**** DEN
    2005 7-1***** 8-0
    2004 4-4***** 6-2
    2003 8-0***** 6-2
    2002 6-2***** 5-3
    2001 3-5***** 6-2
    28-12 70%**31-9 78%
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 04-05-2006 at 12:56 PM.

It's going to be the Chiefs. LJ is going to hit 2000 this year and with the running game that powerful, they're going to make for one tough opponent.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

uhhh. . .

i voted for the chargers. . . then i remembered rivers, LOL! OOPS!! unless he can step in and play at a high level right away, which i won't believe until i see it, then it's gotta be the chefs. . . if he can play well right away, they have a running gam equal to the chefs, and on D there is no comparison. . . the chefs season basically rests on the health of roaf and shields. . .

i see the raiders got two votes. . . did silver_black somehow manage to vote twice, or has oak been around lately?!

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

If the Chargers still had Brees, I'd go with them.
    Since they don't, I'll go with the Chefs.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

The chiefs, they always give us problems when we play them at their house. now w/ having larry johnson all season, they might give us a problem, but we still got the division
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]raiders SUCK[/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]GO[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]BRONCOS[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Javon Walker is a [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]BRO[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]NCO[/COLOR]
    R.I.P Darrent Williams

I picked the Chiefs, but here is my perspective on the division (sorry for the length):

San Diego – With another year of development, the defensive line should be even more improved, which will be their strength. Castillo, Williams and Olshansky, combined with Merriman off the edge is probably the best “young” defensive line in the league. I am still a little suspect of their rush defense against premier rushing teams. I know it ranked #1 overall, but LJ ran over them in both games, Denver put up over a 100 yards both games and the only other real rushing threats SD played, were Barber in NY and Dillon in NE. Both of them averaged 4 yards a carry but were taken out of both games because both teams fell behind and were playing catch-up. The weakness, like the Chiefs, is in the secondary, and I don’t see any significant changes to improve, unless you count the safety addition of McCree. There is no help on the OL and Rivers will have to develop fast so I don’t predict great improvement in the offense. My prediction would be 7-9 to 9-7. The schedule with teams like SF and AZ will definitely help.

Oakland – bottom dwellers, do we really need to go into all the reasons why. Bad QB acquisition, bad defense, poor offensive line, overrated RB, I could go on, but why? 5-11 or maybe 6-10.

Denver – The loss of Price, Anderson and Putzier won’t hurt too bad. Even with Price, Denver doesn’t have a significant pass rush. They can replace Anderson with Dayne and Bell, and at TE they have Alexander and are high on the young TE “Duke”. I still think Denver’s secondary is suspect. They don’t have enough speed at safety and their other corner position is questionable. Not taking away from what the young CBs did last year as they clearly performed well, but it’s not a strength. Their defensive line is good, not great. Their strength on Defense is clearly at LB. Offense will be fine, I don’t think Plummer can take them to the next level but Shanahan is probably top 3 in offensive game plan execution. They will rush the ball and limit Plummer’s mistakes. The difference between 13-3 and 9-7 is not significant in the NFL. This team is the real wild card in the division, I doubt that they will match the 13-3 as it is unlikely that they will win all of the close games again. But they could be 9-7 or 11-5, difficult to predict. If they pick up a strong edge rusher in the draft, they could be scary.

Kansas City –The OL will be back for another 1-2 years, so the offense will again be one of the best in the NFL. At WR, they have Kennison who is 33, but is coming off 2 - 1,000 yard seasons. The way he is used in KC, he could produce similar numbers for another 2 years. They have 2 up and coming receives in Parker and Thorpe, both young. LJ is going into his prime and Gonzalez is still in his prime. The loss of Richardson at FB is tough, but he was only in on about 30% of the offensive plays last year and Solari designed and put in all of the rushing game plans last year (not Saunders), he is now OC and I do not expect a decline in rushing productivity. Green is 36 and with the OL healthy, he will be fine, without it, he will struggle, but no more than any other QB. As for the defense, it will be better, like SD’s D-line, the Chiefs LBs will have a year together and will improve. The 2nd corner question is a huge mystery, but can’t be any more inconsistent than last year’s combo of McCleon and Warfield. Battle, Sapp and Walls will fight it out for the starting spot across from Surtain, if not maybe a rookie or younger player like Hodge or Perkins. The Chiefs big weakness is at safety and the inconsistent play of Wesley. They need a free safety that can drop into coverage and Wesley is not it. I think with the schedule, the Chiefs will probably finish similar to last year at 10-6. Strong at home and lose a couple of stupid ones on the road.

The AFC West is the best division in football.

The cheifs will be the threat, i have a really bad feeling about them and their defence being better than we think. Their o line is a year older though

Looking forward to everyone beating up on the raiders

It was toss up.

But because San Diego has a better defense already in place, all they need is for Rivers to be smart, not spectacular.

So, I voted Chargers.

Although, Larry Johnson finally broke the weird Penn State RB curse that started when Franco Harris retired. He's scary good.