Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This guy definitely deserves a look...

Reggie McNeal out of Texas A&M, if it weren't for his injury this past season, he would have been a top 10 pick, competeing with Young, Leinart, and Cutler for the top QB spot. And to think that we can get this guy in the 4th round is just amazing. He ran a 4.3 at the combine, pretty sure the fastest time for a QB.

Is only downside is his passing technique, he reminds me of a Vince Young -- only from a smaller school and didn't get a chance to prove himself in his senior year because of his injury. On his playing side and athletic ability, he reminds me of a Donovan McNabb, so how about it? 4th round pick, Reggie McNeal?

Heres a highlight video I came across:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZZIt...eggie%20mcneal

Yeh,

We should get him just as soon as we abandon a pro style offense and start running the option! He doesn't have a pro arm. Great legs sure, but not a lot more.

WOW..I wanna say that his throwing style is the new style for QB's; meaning just

because they're the QB on the team doesn't mean they HAVE TO throw the ball all

the time. Watching him reminded me of Michael Vick and Vince Young. Those who

remember the Rose Bowl last year, its was Reggie's style that single-handedly

allowed Vince Young to defeat USC. Thing is, I also see Bradlee VanPelt in him

too. I dont know what it is, BVP likes the run the ball himself too and does it

pretty well.

"The Run"

Thumbs up Get McNeal

I'm all for it. He is a great athelete, but can be switched to WR and be more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Reggie McNeal out of Texas A&M, if it weren't for his injury this past season, he would have been a top 10 pick, competeing with Young, Leinart, and Cutler for the top QB spot. And to think that we can get this guy in the 4th round is just amazing. He ran a 4.3 at the combine, pretty sure the fastest time for a QB.

Is only downside is his passing technique, he reminds me of a Vince Young -- only from a smaller school and didn't get a chance to prove himself in his senior year because of his injury. On his playing side and athletic ability, he reminds me of a Donovan McNabb, so how about it? 4th round pick, Reggie McNeal?

Heres a highlight video I came across:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZZIt...eggie%20mcneal
    RTB Texas A&M is by no means a small school. That aside from what I got to see of him he could end up being a good qb, but I'm not so sure he would have been in the top 10.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    RTB Texas A&M is by no means a small school. That aside from what I got to see of him he could end up being a good qb, but I'm not so sure he would have been in the top 10.
    Well, I know that A&M isn't a small school, seeing they get a bowl bid nearly every year, but -- compared to Texas, they're not excatly big.

And seeing that he is ranked about the 6th or 7th QB now, I'd think that he'd be in the top 4 before his injury... Maybe not a top 10 pick, but a top 20 and a first rounder -- that's for sure.

I'd love to see this guy in a Bronco uniform.

I liked him better the first time, when his name was matt jones.

Regardless, I hope you're not suggesting we look at him as a QB, that'd just be wasted resources, but if he wants to bring those wheels and commit 100% to learning to be a wide receiver, then by all means, bring him on.
    http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/1...osig6ed9xr.jpg
    I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

Quote Originally Posted by PRBronco
    I liked him better the first time, when his name was matt jones.

Regardless, I hope you're not suggesting we look at him as a QB, that'd just be wasted resources, but if he wants to bring those wheels and commit 100% to learning to be a wide receiver, then by all means, bring him on.
    He would be if we were talking about the 1st round. But as RTB pointed McNeil is probably going to go somewhere on the second day which imo wouldn't be a waste.

Matt Jones wasn't going to make it as NFL qb that's why he moved to wr. McNeil has a much better shot at being a qb in this League than Jones would have.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

If we can get him in the 4th I don't see why not. The main thing that concerns me(I haven't seem much of his arm, so I can't really comment on that) is that his gut instict seems to be "tuck and run". Just from watching the highlight reel, he didn't look too long before taking off, i'm not saying that's bad but he did have quite a few close calls, and I think that could result in sacks or forced throws. But heck it's only a 4th rounder, and he could definently be tried at more than 1 position.

I rather have him on the team then BVP. The guy is obviously a talented athlete. I'm not sure about his arm because he threw it all of 2 or 3 times in the video, but the throwing mechanics can be worked on. Using a 4th round on this guy is by no means a waste.

Reminds me a lot of randle el, would be an awesome slot reciever.
    BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
    IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

I'd rather have Brad Smith...

But don't get me wrong, I wouldn't really advocate drafting McNeal or Smith... They both would be big projects and would need at least 1-2 yrs as the #3 guy or on the practice squad.

Having seen both of them play, I think Smith has more of an upside and raw talent than McNeal. Both of them are inconsistant at best, but have shown flashes of greatness in college. Bottom line is that neither one of them were efficient enough passers to deserve any more than a late second day pick.

In terms of NFL ability, niether McNeal or Brad Smith have upside.

There isn't one team out there that is seriously looking at these guys as QB's.

They don't have the arm to make all the throws, they don't have the accuracy to be an NFL backup QB, and they don't have the decision making to be an NFL practice player at QB.

Both players would be interesting an another position though.

Having seen McNeal several times over the past four years, I don't see how anyone would label him a potential top pick, let alone a first round pick. His passing skills are beyond raw, he has zero touch, and for all his athleticism, his accuracy is even worse when rolling out or on the run. For all the game experience he has, in a big time football program, he just hasn't matured at an acceptable rate. He teased A&M fans for four years, I don't see why we need that same folly to occur here. Very poor technique, touch, and passing skills. With Young, the technique may be poor, but he is highly productive and displays solid touch and timing; you get none of that from McNeal.

Solid wide receiver prospect, nothing more.

Haven't Vick's struggles been enough to convince everyone that this type of quarterback isn't the best fit for the NFL?

I think this would be a great way to improve the play of our safteys. Assuming he will make the transition
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."