Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why does everyone think we need a RB so bad?

Sure this year's class of backs is good, but we have far more glaring needs at safety and at DT and DE. Given all the hype about us drafting a RB, I think it's shanny up to his old smoke and mirrors tricks, he'll never do what everyone thinks he's going to do. But everyone just needs to relax, I like our RBs now:

-sure Tatum comes off as a bit of a punk, but holy poop he's an exciting player, and i'm sure he gives defences nightmares leading up to games against us

-I freakin like Ron Dayne, 5.1 YPC average last year, and he always came up with something, it's not like he ever got stuffed on a play, what more can you ask?

-my personal favourite is Cedric "the entertainer" Cobbs. Come week 5, when he's on pace for 1000 yards and is the new flavor of the week in the nfl, i better get royalties for that nickname! Here's his prospect profile from two years ago, he reeks of bronco back. He's TD-esque in size (6', 220), with good wheels (4.43 in the 40), and from what i read in his prospect profile, he fits our style well, except for in the negatives: "sees the cutback too late", but he's been in our system long enough now that i'm sure Bobby Turner has fixed that.

-we also have cecil the diesel, who's never done anything to warrant a loss of confidence.

So everyone just chill! (and spend out first rounders on defense )
    http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/1...osig6ed9xr.jpg
    I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

I agree that we dont need an early round back, but I would still like to see a 4th or 5th round back just to see who shanny can find. I do not agree with the last statement about using our early picks all on defense though, unless we are using them all to trade up for Mario Williams then I wouldnt care. We do need a receiver - which I hope ends up being Walker and not a drafted one. Also we need a tight end which I would rather see the 2nd rounder used on unless we happen to get Walker, then we should trade up for Davis. The need for running back isnt really there in my opinion but I still like to see them take the late round backs just to give compatition to the current backs and maybe find the stud of the late rounds that ends up as our starter.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    I agree that we dont need an early round back, but I would still like to see a 4th or 5th round back just to see who shanny can find. I do not agree with the last statement about using our early picks all on defense though, unless we are using them all to trade up for Mario Williams then I wouldnt care. We do need a receiver - which I hope ends up being Walker and not a drafted one. Also we need a tight end which I would rather see the 2nd rounder used on unless we happen to get Walker, then we should trade up for Davis. The need for running back isnt really there in my opinion but I still like to see them take the late round backs just to give compatition to the current backs and maybe find the stud of the late rounds that ends up as our starter.
    I'd be at peace with using #22 on a tight end, but drafting WRs just seems like such a waste, they're so hit and miss, need 3 years to develop, I'm an advocate of acquiring receivers through free agency, where you know what you're getting.
    ABWRFRC

Quote Originally Posted by PRBronco
    Sure this year's class of backs is good, but we have far more glaring needs at safety and at DT and DE. Given all the hype about us drafting a RB, I think it's shanny up to his old smoke and mirrors tricks, he'll never do what everyone thinks he's going to do. But everyone just needs to relax, I like our RBs now:

-sure Tatum comes off as a bit of a punk, but holy poop he's an exciting player, and i'm sure he gives defences nightmares leading up to games against us

-I freakin like Ron Dayne, 5.1 YPC average last year, and he always came up with something, it's not like he ever got stuffed on a play, what more can you ask?

-my personal favourite is Cedric "the entertainer" Cobbs. Come week 5, when he's on pace for 1000 yards and is the new flavor of the week in the nfl, i better get royalties for that nickname! Here's his prospect profile from two years ago, he reeks of bronco back. He's TD-esque in size (6', 220), with good wheels (4.43 in the 40), and from what i read in his prospect profile, he fits our style well, except for in the negatives: "sees the cutback too late", but he's been in our system long enough now that i'm sure Bobby Turner has fixed that.

-we also have cecil the diesel, who's never done anything to warrant a loss of confidence.

So everyone just chill! (and spend out first rounders on defense )
    Because LenDale owns you, and he owns them too.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Because LenDale owns you, and he owns them too.
    I'm surprised at you, usually you only dry hump combine stars, but in this case you've found one so lazy that him and his man boobs wouldn't even run at his own pro day.
    ABWRFRC

Quote Originally Posted by PRBronco
    I'm surprised at you, usually you only dry hump combine stars, but in this case you've found one so lazy that him and his man boobs wouldn't even run at his own pro day.
    Haven't you heard the latest? The guy said himself that a team guarenteed to draft him if he wouldn't run at his pro day and the team was in the early 20's... That's us.

I'm telling you, man boobs, or no man boobs, the dude can run, he's a Denver native and I'd LOVE to see him in a Bronco uniform.

Him and Tatum, damn that's a straight DANGEROUS backfield... It think it would be comparable to USCs backfield in Reggie Bush and LenDale... It would be BEASTY.

Haven't you heard the latest? The guy said himself that a team guarenteed to draft him if he wouldn't run at his pro day and the team was in the early 20's... That's us.

I'm telling you, man boobs, or no man boobs, the dude can run, he's a Denver native and I'd LOVE to see him in a Bronco uniform.

Him and Tatum, damn that's a straight DANGEROUS backfield... It think it would be comparable to USCs backfield in Reggie Bush and LenDale... It would be BEASTY.
    Have you ever actually watched White play. He didnt really ever impress me in college and now that it is shown that he has no work ethic Im pretty sure it would be a huge mistake to take him. Especially wasteing a first round pick on him.

Have you ever actually watched White play. He didnt really ever impress me in college and now that it is shown that he has no work ethic Im pretty sure it would be a huge mistake to take him. Especially wasteing a first round pick on him.
    He was the best RB for USC... Led the team in rushing in his freshman year... Perfect goal line back... Say what you want, but this guy is going to be special

Defense with #15 and #22. We can pick a very good Bronco back in the 4th round. ........................Again.

Listen,

he wont start if we draft him. he'll be last on the DC and have to work his way up. Then he'll turn Clarrett on us. We have Bell, Dayne, cobb, sapp, miree, white. I dont see him coming in and being in front of any of these guys.
    [IMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7596/greatdayne1re.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8265/train27fk.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1498/daynetraynesig20ho.jpg[/IMG]big ups to snk16.

Quote Originally Posted by DAYNETRAYNE
    he wont start if we draft him. he'll be last on the DC and have to work his way up. Then he'll turn Clarrett on us. We have Bell, Dayne, cobb, sapp, miree, white. I dont see him coming in and being in front of any of these guys.
    Dayne is the projected starter now... If we draft LenDale, this is what the depth chart will look like:
    #1 Dayne
    #2 White
    #3 Bell
    #4 Cobbs
    #5 Sapp

After training camp, switch Cobbs and Bell, and Dayne and White...

Clarett's been lazy for as long as I can remember, LenDale did it so he could play in his hometown and run for the best running game in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by DAYNETRAYNE

You don't think White would beat out Brandon Miree on the deptch chart? Wow, that is really a dumb thing to say.
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!

It's just a matter of opinion.

I saw almost every USC game, and White saved that offense so many times. Bush is worth all the hype that he's getting, but LenDale White forced teams to honor the runs up the middle because there wasn't any 1 or 2 players that could bring him down alone. He opened up the outside game for USC on so many levels.

With that being said, I don't think any RB is worth a first round paycheck in a Denver uniform. Not when we can bring Joe Average off the street, pay him a minimal salary, and get great quality production off of him.

No sense in throwing $15+ million a year at a position when we don't need to spend anymore then $2 million to get similiar, if not the same results.

well,

Dayne is the projected starter now... If we draft LenDale, this is what the depth chart will look like:
    #1 Dayne
    #2 White
    #3 Bell
    #4 Cobbs
    #5 Sapp

After training camp, switch Cobbs and Bell, and Dayne and White...

Clarett's been lazy for as long as I can remember, LenDale did it so he could play in his hometown and run for the best running game in the league.
    i think he wont get any playing time unless someone gets hurt. He'll have the same role as Dayne did last year. We'll see how he handles it. Uknow his work ethic and attitude is still a concern. So if something doesnt go his way, how he does he handles it. I say we have another clarett case on our hands if we draft him. But i also beleive he'll be gone before we pick him anyway. There was a quote from another team saying they were goonna still draft him no matter what he does.
    Last edited by DAYNETRAYNE; 04-06-2006 at 03:46 PM.
    [IMG]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7596/greatdayne1re.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8265/train27fk.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1498/daynetraynesig20ho.jpg[/IMG]big ups to snk16.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry1977
    You don't think White would beat out Brandon Miree on the deptch chart? Wow, that is really a dumb thing to say.
    Yeah, especially since he moved to fullback...

I like how he also doesn't think that he'd beat out Cobbs or Sapp... I mean, please.