Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator
    I think this is crazy. Lelie isn't going anywhere but the Pro Bowl for Denver Broncos.

I'm not taking issue with the origingal poster of the thread, but the original sports writer who doesn't know Denver Broncos football. Lelie will be in Denver for years to come.
    Lelie's on his way out... He's the only starter not at organized workouts right now. He's acting like an idiot. It sounds like he doesn't want a part of the Broncos, and the Broncos don't want a part of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Lelie's on his way out... He's the only starter not at organized workouts right now. He's acting like an idiot. It sounds like he doesn't want a part of the Broncos, and the Broncos don't want a part of him.
    I disagree. We do n't know the full story of him working out on his own. There are LOTs of players that would work out on their own in the offseason, and would get BETTER workouts doing it.

Many NFL players... WRs, RBs.... get together and work out together in the offseason in some location. Jerry Rice used to invite people each year to come work out with him. Barry Sanders never worked out with the team, feeling he got a better workout somewhere else. We don't know who Lelie is working out with, or if he hired a trainer to help him get better conditioning. Don't assume that just because he's working out on his own its a BAD or a negative thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    I disagree. We do n't know the full story of him working out on his own. There are LOTs of players that would work out on their own in the offseason, and would get BETTER workouts doing it.

Many NFL players... WRs, RBs.... get together and work out together in the offseason in some location. Jerry Rice used to invite people each year to come work out with him. Barry Sanders never worked out with the team, feeling he got a better workout somewhere else. We don't know who Lelie is working out with, or if he hired a trainer to help him get better conditioning. Don't assume that just because he's working out on his own its a BAD or a negative thing.

WB Ravage....

had to throw that in before I put in my opinion.

My fear is that this season Lelie finally decides to go all out and has a breakout season, just to put on a show so that there is a market for him in FA next offseason. I'd have mixed feelings with it. Great that he helped the Broncos with a good season. And upset that he does it the season before he's a free agent.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

This is how I feel;

Although Lelie has shown tremendous potential, and has helped a lot in expanding the field, we'd be better off trading him for draft picks, or in a package to move up. Receivers like Chad Jackson, Santonio Holmes, and Sinorice Moss will all probably have better careers than him, and if we still have our 22 pick, we can definitely nab one of them.
    Administrator

We need a blocker and a physical wideout!

Hey, I would rather keep Lelie for another season and draft Holmes or Jackson. He has big upside to his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatum26Bell
    This is how I feel;

Although Lelie has shown tremendous potential, and has helped a lot in expanding the field, we'd be better off trading him for draft picks, or in a package to move up. Receivers like Chad Jackson, Santonio Holmes, and Sinorice Moss will all probably have better careers than him, and if we still have our 22 pick, we can definitely nab one of them.
    Expanding the field not only helps us in the pass game it helps us in the running game as well. Because opposing teams never know when we might hit htem wiht a PA and go deep so they have to either cover Lelie with their top corner, which opens up rod or double cover him and drop the safeties back into coverage. This positively affects our passing game and running game theres more to the game than meets the eye.

Jackson is Lelie V2 He has all the intangibles Lelie has speed, heights, acceleration deep threat speed, but Jackson has 10 lbs more on his frame than Lelie has. A major problem with Jackson is he didn't do anything until last year and exploded, but before that he only had 29 catches and like 440 yards. Jackson would also have to learn how to block properly to see the field. If you don't block in Shanahan's system you don't see the field.

Holmes has the best chance of any of the top WR's from this draft to be taken by us at 15 and I hope thats what we do. He's a prototypical denver WR, he likes to block, goes over the middle and can take the licking, has speed and can make the big plays. Theres even some who think he can returned kickoffs and punts with his great speed. Shanahan likes WR's that can block and Holmes can block and as a bonus he can even catch the ball well and has been productive all of his years in college.

Sinorice is a dwarf version of Lelie he's a pure deep threat with kick and punt return abilities. He's too small to be an effective blocker and would take a lot of work to train into a blocker. Also he'd be considered a reach at either of our 1st round picks. He's an early 2nd round pick at best.

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

The big problem is that Lelie practically disappears for games at a stretch. Not just parts of the game, not just one game at a time. There were a lot of games when I didn't even know that he was on the field.

Many of us fans keep hoping for the breakout year to happen only to be disappointed at the end of the season. Perhaps he isn't being used right. But comeon, Shanahan knows how to use his offensive players.

If Denver has a chance to get Walker, then I would be willing to see Lelie go. He did good things and I have nothing against him, but in the end Walker is better than Lelie and will give us a better chance to win.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Quote Originally Posted by sbutk
    Tell me, where do you (though I'm not picking on you, I've seen loads of other occurrences) dig up these rumor-stories? Very rarely do I see any link to accompany them.

...Kinda makes me think they're not even worth the screen pixels they're written in.

This wasn't my thread, but the rumors used by the thread starter were from kffl.com, as he stated in the 1st post. I've dug up the link... Look for Broncos near the top of the page, also, Kffl's biggest source for the Broncos is the Denver Post, and Kffl almost always lists their source.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1
    Last edited by cadencesdad; 04-10-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cadencesdad
    This wasn't my thread, but the rumors used by the thread starter were from kffl.com, as he stated in the 1st post. I've dug up the link... Look for Broncos near the top of the page, also, Kffl's biggest source for the Broncos is the Denver Post, and Kffl almost always lists their source.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1

Gracias, dude. Looks like you've got to have a paid subscription in order to view any archived stories - which I'm not willing to do. ...But thanks for clearing that up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.