Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lelie Mabye Gone this season? How do you feel about that?

kffl.com reports rumours of ddnver talking to GB for trading lelie. It has to be a trade for lelie and walker which would work out perfectly for both teams. Lelie is probably only 80 % as good as walker but he'll get a 1000 yards make sick catches, and be the best value we can get for walker..good ish

Broncos | Rumor alert: Lelie leaving
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:20:30 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports on rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos trading WR Ashley Lelie. Two teams mentioned as potential destinations are the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers. At this point all of the talk is just that, talk. It's unclear if there is any connection between this talk and Lelie's decision to skip the first week of the Broncos' offseason workout program to work out on his own in Arizona. Lelie is entering a contract year and he could leave Denver as a free agent after the 2006 season.

Well he couldnt surf in Colorados climate anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL
    kffl.com reports rumours of ddnver talking to GB for trading lelie. It has to be a trade for lelie and walker which would work out perfectly for both teams. Lelie is probably only 80 % as good as walker but he'll get a 1000 yards make sick catches, and be the best value we can get for walker..good ish

Broncos | Rumor alert: Lelie leaving
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:20:30 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports on rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos trading WR Ashley Lelie. Two teams mentioned as potential destinations are the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers. At this point all of the talk is just that, talk. It's unclear if there is any connection between this talk and Lelie's decision to skip the first week of the Broncos' offseason workout program to work out on his own in Arizona. Lelie is entering a contract year and he could leave Denver as a free agent after the 2006 season.

Well he couldnt surf in Colorados climate anyway?

This is just stupid.... i would like walker here but it's just dumb to give lelie knowing that walker prefer to retire rather than play another year for gb.

BTW, lelie has potential and can become a dominant WR, i still believe in him... i think shanahan is capable to do something with the guy.
    [IMG]http://www.sportsvenue-technology.com/projects/invesco/images/Invesco_Mile-high-stadium1.jpg[/IMG]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Orange]All what i want to do in my life is go to mile high[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by gemf89
    This is just stupid.... i would like walker here but it's just dumb to give lelie knowing that walker prefer to retire rather than play another year for gb.

BTW, lelie has potential and can become a dominant WR, i still believe in him... i think shanahan is capable to do something with the guy.
    I just wish he went over the middle seriouslly..... And this is contract year wich means he will have a breakout year 1,500 yds receving like 34tds and mike will let him go like Berry,Hayward...etc

Doesn't really matter to me, walker is a pro bowl wide receiver and though lelie IS very talented, he is yet to make a very big impact.

Quote Originally Posted by SeekandDestroy
    Doesn't really matter to me, walker is a pro bowl wide receiver and though lelie IS very talented, he is yet to make a very big impact.
    Excatly... He'll give you a big play maybe once every 3 games... Walker will give you that at least once a game. Also, Walker is more COMPLETE at this point in his career.

Walker > Lelie...

By the way, theres already a thread on this in the draft forum

My thoughts.............Don't let the door hit you on the way out.......then just for fun I'd put a safety on the other side of the door and see if he has the guts to go through it.

So what happens if we don't trade Lelie and he has a 1,500 yr season wiht 10 TD's. Do we still trade him or will all you Lelie-haters quietly join his bandwagon?

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by vicious2500
    So what happens if we don't trade Lelie and he has a 1,500 yr season wiht 10 TD's. Do we still trade him or will all you Lelie-haters quietly join his bandwagon?
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

They would join Heimerdingers bandwagon because he would be the one responsible.

I understand that Vernon Davis is good but giving up Lelie is way to much. Not because of his abilities but rather for his people skills. He seems like a really kind down to earth person. That quaity is hard to come by these days, and I for one am not willing to give that up.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Quote Originally Posted by vicious2500
    if he has that kind of season then we will all wave goodbye as has contract runs out and he signs somewhere else as a UFA
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Quote Originally Posted by chickennob2
    if he has that kind of season then we will all wave goodbye as has contract runs out and he signs somewhere else as a UFA
    He's under contract through 2007. So we can resign him next offseason for optimal value.

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Keep Ashley, get Javon. I don't want to see Lelie go

Another Crazy Rumor

Broncos | Rumor alert: Trading up in the NFL Draft
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:14:14 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports one rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos packaging their No. 15 and No. 22 picks in the first round of the NFL Draft to move up to No. 5 (Green Bay) or No. 6 (San Francisco) to take Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whose football ability, size and speed make him an off-the-charts NFL prospect. Interest from Denver makes sense, because the Broncos need a tight end and a playmaker, but there are reasons Denver might not want to trade up that high. The Broncos might not want to pay a player as much as a top-five pick would earn. Denver likely would rather spread its money between two first-round picks.

First of all I don't care what anyone says Lelie just hasn't panned out as a 1st round draft pick he's a maybe 3rd receiver. Sure he's made some great catches but let's face it he hasn't done too much at all. He's had all the chances he deserves and he needs to leave. I don't buy that he'd ever have a 1500 yard season or even more then 5 TD's let's be realistic. A player doesn't suddenly become amazing because it's a contract year,do you honnestly think he wasn't trying to get good all these years?He just doesn't have it and to get a solid WR in Walker paired up with Rod Smith I think they'd be alethal combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL
    Broncos | Rumor alert: Trading up in the NFL Draft
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:14:14 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports one rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos packaging their No. 15 and No. 22 picks in the first round of the NFL Draft to move up to No. 5 (Green Bay) or No. 6 (San Francisco) to take Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whose football ability, size and speed make him an off-the-charts NFL prospect. Interest from Denver makes sense, because the Broncos need a tight end and a playmaker, but there are reasons Denver might not want to trade up that high. The Broncos might not want to pay a player as much as a top-five pick would earn. Denver likely would rather spread its money between two first-round picks.
    And again... It has already been posted in the draft forum