Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    i agree, stupid idea, not a good post. ash is going to be our #1, eventually. he makes strides every year, but just because hes not a TO from one year to the next everyone wants to get rid of him. before we make the same mistake with griese, i have a message to all bronco fans....BE PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can't expect a guy to develop into the player hes going to be in the span of 1 or 2 years. thats not how it works people. now, this is the year where ash should break out, and if he doesn't then you can start talking about his future with the broncos. but until then, give the man the time any athlete is due and let him learn and develop.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoCanuck
    First of all I don't care what anyone says Lelie just hasn't panned out as a 1st round draft pick he's a maybe 3rd receiver. Sure he's made some great catches but let's face it he hasn't done too much at all. He's had all the chances he deserves and he needs to leave. I don't buy that he'd ever have a 1500 yard season or even more then 5 TD's let's be realistic. A player doesn't suddenly become amazing because it's a contract year,do you honnestly think he wasn't trying to get good all these years?He just doesn't have it and to get a solid WR in Walker paired up with Rod Smith I think they'd be alethal combination.
    So I guess over 1,000 yards and 7 TDs isn't a good showing for a 2nd WR in a run first offense. Go learn some football kiddo, I'm waiting on a Lelie-hater to get me the stats of all hte #2 WRs in a run first offense (pittsburg, ATL, Seattle, etc) so we can see just how inproductive Lelie is. After 2 years then it'll just be the Walker all alone equation when Smiths gone. Plus Walker would have to learn our system.

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by ALLbroncos7
    i agree, stupid idea, not a good post. ash is going to be our #1, eventually. he makes strides every year, but just because hes not a TO from one year to the next everyone wants to get rid of him. before we make the same mistake with griese, i have a message to all bronco fans....BE PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can't expect a guy to develop into the player hes going to be in the span of 1 or 2 years. thats not how it works people. now, this is the year where ash should break out, and if he doesn't then you can start talking about his future with the broncos. but until then, give the man the time any athlete is due and let him learn and develop.

I will be patient, in my opinion Lelie will become at least a solid #2 for us in the years to come.

I have learned patience because I live in Dallas, everytime Bledsoe throws a pick the entire city hates him and wants to get rid of him. I tell all of my friends, that's why you don't make the playoffs, you switch qb evey year. Pick one guy stick with him and be PATIENT.

Now back to the thread, I don't want walker that much. There are too many things that cn go wrong. He may only appear good because he's had a HOF qb throwing to him. His knee might slow him down or take away his big threat capabilities.
    "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

[IMG]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3558/whatwould7dosig1vl.jpg[/IMG]

I suppose you're jsut such an expert..........1 TD and 770 yards you call that productive?Look at Joe Jureviscius 10 TD's, T.J. Houshmandzadeh 956 yards 7 TD's, and what about Reggie Wayne 1055 yards 5TD's. You look at Lelie as some great player because he makes maybe one or two superb catches and as for his 1000 yard season look when that was, 2004 when Jake wasn't being careful with the ball and I'm sure every Broncos Fan held their breath almost every time he dropped back to pass. Of course his stats will be higher if Jake's going to be wreckless but he's matured and he's more careful with the ball. The simple fact is he'll never be a top WR he's fit in as a 3rd WR to catch the occasional long ball and that's it do you ever see him run slants?no. I'm not saying he's a terrible player but he's way too over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL
    Broncos | Rumor alert: Trading up in the NFL Draft
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:14:14 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports one rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos packaging their No. 15 and No. 22 picks in the first round of the NFL Draft to move up to No. 5 (Green Bay) or No. 6 (San Francisco) to take Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whose football ability, size and speed make him an off-the-charts NFL prospect. Interest from Denver makes sense, because the Broncos need a tight end and a playmaker, but there are reasons Denver might not want to trade up that high. The Broncos might not want to pay a player as much as a top-five pick would earn. Denver likely would rather spread its money between two first-round picks.

Tell me, where do you (though I'm not picking on you, I've seen loads of other occurrences) dig up these rumor-stories? Very rarely do I see any link to accompany them.

...Kinda makes me think they're not even worth the screen pixels they're written in.

Last edited by sbutk; 04-09-2006 at 03:32 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLbroncos7
    One or two years, sure. But he's going into his 5th season now. People have been saying "this is the year he's going to break out" for three years now. It hasn't happened.

I think he's a decent receiver, good at stretching the field, but I have my doubts about him ever being our #1 guy. I'll be fine with him staying on the Broncos but I think we still need to find a #1 receiver to replace Rod on the horrific day that he finally retires.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon
    One or two years, sure. But he's going into his 5th season now. People have been saying "this is the year he's going to break out" for three years now. It hasn't happened.

I think he's a decent receiver, good at stretching the field, but I have my doubts about him ever being our #1 guy. I'll be fine with him staying on the Broncos but I think we still need to find a #1 receiver to replace Rod on the horrific day that he finally retires.

You might be right about Lelie never being a number one receiver but I really do think that Shanahan has been underutilizing him.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoCanuck
    I suppose you're jsut such an expert..........1 TD and 770 yards you call that productive?Look at Joe Jureviscius 10 TD's, T.J. Houshmandzadeh 956 yards 7 TD's, and what about Reggie Wayne 1055 yards 5TD's. You look at Lelie as some great player because he makes maybe one or two superb catches and as for his 1000 yard season look when that was, 2004 when Jake wasn't being careful with the ball and I'm sure every Broncos Fan held their breath almost every time he dropped back to pass. Of course his stats will be higher if Jake's going to be wreckless but he's matured and he's more careful with the ball. The simple fact is he'll never be a top WR he's fit in as a 3rd WR to catch the occasional long ball and that's it do you ever see him run slants?no. I'm not saying he's a terrible player but he's way too over-rated.
    Jurevicious is 6'5 and thats where he's best at catching a jump ball in the endzone how many defenders can stop him from doing so? Jurevicious also only had 694 receiving yards in a run first offense similar to what we run and has fewer yards than Lelie.

Houshmandzadeh has been ghost every year except this year and he's playing opposite of one of the most explosive players in the NFL in Chad Johnson who draws double coverage all game long leaving him in single coverage most of the time and plays in a pass first system.

Reggie Wayne not only has the best QB in the NFL throwing the ball to him, but he also benefits from Marvin Harrison and a slew of other weapons around him and their a pass 1st team as well.

We only had 18 receiving TDs caught this year and some 24 or more rushing TDs between Bell and Anderson. Smith had over 1,000 yards receiving and just 6 TDs, but Lelie gets 770 at the #2 and a TD and he's a failure. Also Lelie did more than just run flies and fades this year. He ran quick screens, quick slants and crossing routes over the middle and is an excellent run blocker and I'm still waiting on some stats on the other #2 WR's from RUN FIRST OFFENSES.

So what would be the difference of Lelie being the #1 WR and fielding the true #1 at 2nd WR if their both going to be on the field at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL
    kffl.com reports rumours of ddnver talking to GB for trading lelie. It has to be a trade for lelie and walker which would work out perfectly for both teams. Lelie is probably only 80 % as good as walker but he'll get a 1000 yards make sick catches, and be the best value we can get for walker..good ish

Broncos | Rumor alert: Lelie leaving
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:20:30 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports on rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos trading WR Ashley Lelie. Two teams mentioned as potential destinations are the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers. At this point all of the talk is just that, talk. It's unclear if there is any connection between this talk and Lelie's decision to skip the first week of the Broncos' offseason workout program to work out on his own in Arizona. Lelie is entering a contract year and he could leave Denver as a free agent after the 2006 season.

Well he couldnt surf in Colorados climate anyway?
    Why!!!!!! I liek Lelie as you can see

I think this is crazy. Lelie isn't going anywhere but the Pro Bowl for Denver Broncos.

I'm not taking issue with the origingal poster of the thread, but the original sports writer who doesn't know Denver Broncos football. Lelie will be in Denver for years to come.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

why not try both of those ideas? get walker and davis, we'll be unstoppable!!!!

I agree. I've been defending Lelie as a fine reciever. I believe he made some really nice progress the last 5 games of the year (I wish it would have been sooner)... AND we can't exactly forget that there were SEVERAL times that he was WIDE open down the field and Plummer just flat-out under threw him. Those were TD's that were taken away.

But Lelie will never be a #1 WR. He'll be a field stretcher....a deep threat....but nothing more. If we could trade Walker for Lelie... I think we better do it in a hurry before we lose the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious2500
    Jurevicious is 6'5 and thats where he's best at catching a jump ball in the endzone how many defenders can stop him from doing so? Jurevicious also only had 694 receiving yards in a run first offense similar to what we run and has fewer yards than Lelie.

Houshmandzadeh has been ghost every year except this year and he's playing opposite of one of the most explosive players in the NFL in Chad Johnson who draws double coverage all game long leaving him in single coverage most of the time and plays in a pass first system.

Reggie Wayne not only has the best QB in the NFL throwing the ball to him, but he also benefits from Marvin Harrison and a slew of other weapons around him and their a pass 1st team as well.

We only had 18 receiving TDs caught this year and some 24 or more rushing TDs between Bell and Anderson. Smith had over 1,000 yards receiving and just 6 TDs, but Lelie gets 770 at the #2 and a TD and he's a failure. Also Lelie did more than just run flies and fades this year. He ran quick screens, quick slants and crossing routes over the middle and is an excellent run blocker and I'm still waiting on some stats on the other #2 WR's from RUN FIRST OFFENSES.
    So Lelie is SOOOO good, that he isn't shining because he doesn't have a top QB, het doesn't have a top WR around him to help him shine, and he isn't tall enough. What about him MAKES him such a great WR then, if he needs all these other factors to make him great? Lelie has some damn good hands... but having good hands just isn't enough. I think he's a good deep threat, but we can't throw the ball deep. We don't have a gunslinger at QB, and we don't have a top WR on the other side of the field to help him out. Why wouldn't we take the trade to snag a better player?

Denver is more than a "Run First Offense." Thats basically the strategy of almost ALL offensive systems. Everyone would love to "run first" if they could. Most do. The facts are, that Lelie will never be a NUMBER ONE WR... and if we could use his body to trade for someone that CAN be a #1 WR, than I say we JUMP on that. If Lelie has all these disadvantages here that keeps him from being great/dominant, than that won't change.. and he'll never be better than a #2/#3 that has all these disadvantages against him, holding him down.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    You might be right about Lelie never being a number one receiver but I really do think that Shanahan has been underutilizing him.
    I agree with that. But then we don't really get a chance to see the game films or sit inside the film breakdown sessions. We also have to consider that Shanahan was being sure to keep Plummer reigned in. Jake was weak on the deep ball.. and was ineffective (in big moments) with the slant pattern.

So we have to consider if its Shanahan that is misusing him, or if its the talent that is responsible for the playcalling. You have to call the stengths or weaknesses of yoru own players.

I personally think Lelie is a decent player. Nothing great.. nothing special. I th ink he has fantastic hands, but is weak at getting seperation in the medium routes, thus only making him available for the BIG deep routes.