Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Leagues Toughest Stadiums

10. Metrodome
    The Vikings have remained respectable in recent years because they can always win at home. The Metrodome gets very loud and seems to fit the Vikings' style of play, which has been more about speed than grit since they moved indoors.

9. Lincoln Financial Field
    It doesn't have the bumpy surface of the old Veterans Stadium to trip opponents up, but Lincoln Field can get pretty crazy. Before T.O.-gate struck the Eagles last year, they were nearly unbeatable in front of a loyal, green-clad crowd.

8. Lambeau Field
    A trip to Lambeau Field may not be the guaranteed loss it once was, but there is still a certain magic to this stadium, which has been home to so many of the greatest moments in NFL history.

7. Soldier Field
    Now that it has settled into the new Soldier Field, Chicago is a bear at home. The team is built for cold weather, stressing defense and the running game, and the crowd still goes nuts no matter how frigid the wind is.

6. Heinz Field

The defending Super Bowl champs love playing in front of all those rabid fans with their Terrible Towels. The always-aggressive Pittsburgh defense gets just a little nastier at home.

5. Qwest Field
    No team uses home-field noise to its advantage better than the Seahawks. The Giants had 11 false-start penalties during a trip to Seattle this season. The Seahawks have won 22 of their last 25 home games.

4. Invesco Field
    Not quite the madhouse Mile High Stadium was, but Invesco still rocks and has the same altitude, which causes problems for opponents. The Broncos are 31-9 at Invesco since it opened in 2001 and finished 8-0 at home last season.

3. RCA Dome
    The RCA Dome is the perfect track for the Colts to run wild. Peyton Manning & Co. are especially comfortable playing on turf and they've lost just two regular-season games there over the last two seasons.

2. Gillette Stadium
    The Patriots are 30-6 at Gillette Stadium since it opened in 2002, including 4-0 in the playoffs. The Razor is always a tough place to visit, but it gets even scarier when the weather gets cold, because the conditions don't seem to bother a Bill Belichick-coached team.

1. Arrowhead Stadium
    When the Chiefs are having a bad season, they're tough to beat at Arrowhead. When they're having a good season, they're unbeatable. With the scent of barbecue in the air and a sea of red in the stands, Kansas City is the best football atmosphere in the country. The Chiefs were a flawed team in 2005 but still managed to win seven of eight home games.

This is from a feature on CNNSI. Where do you think is the toughest stadium to play in?

Arrowhead is without a doubt the toughest place to play, hands down. Im not buying Qwest field though.

Qwest is supposedly one of the loudest though. The Giants accused them of pumping up the noise via speakers bc it was so ridiculously loud, they didnt think it was possible to be natural.

I definitely agree with the order of the top 5.

We made big strides last year, I think we can make top 3.

C'mon say it with me... (to those with tickets).

No-more-latte's!!!

No-more-latte's!!!

No-more-latte's!!!

I think Qwest should probably be a little higher up the list.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Quote Originally Posted by Straz1999
    Arrowhead is without a doubt the toughest place to play, hands down. Im not buying Qwest field though.
    Actually since I live in the Seattle area, I can vouch for Qwest. It's crazy, but wether it's the way the stadium is built or it's close proximity to the water or something else, it's one of the loudest stadiums in the league when the fans decide to get it going. Unfortunately, Seattle has some of the most fickle fans in all of professional sports, so it doesn't reach maximum volume that often.
    Where does the abuse of end? Where?

THe list is pretty much right, except for number 10, the Viking's stadium probably hasn't been that way for a while.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

I don't think Onvesco Field is loud enough....I think they belong in the bottom 5 BUT they showed signs on life towards the end of the season though.

Where was the loudness vs. the Steelers?
    I'm on Twitter!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Quote Originally Posted by AsianOrange
    I don't think Onvesco Field is loud enough....I think they belong in the bottom 5 BUT they showed signs on life towards the end of the season though.

Where was the loudness vs. the Steelers?
    I was there...

It was loud until we were down by three scores.

After that, not much to get excited about.

In addition, Pitt fans must have bought every available ticket there was. I couldn't believe how many Terrible Towels were there.

I'm still not sure how that happened.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    I was there...

It was loud until we were down by three scores.

After that, not much to get excited about.

In addition, Pitt fans must have bought every available ticket there was. I couldn't believe how many Terrible Towels were there.

I'm still not sure how that happened.

I'll take your word for it, the Steelers are notorious to having game tickets. They travel well.
    I'm on Twitter!

<- Ready for the salute

Pitt Fans

Also there, It got quite fast and never picked back up. I think the band wagoners had yellow towels in their pockets or somthing.

Quote Originally Posted by ydave77
    Qwest is supposedly one of the loudest though. The Giants accused them of pumping up the noise via speakers bc it was so ridiculously loud, they didnt think it was possible to be natural.
    that was just an excuse for why the giants couldnt block. But i think invesco is up there with arrowhead, arrowhead is classic and probably the hardest place to play. I dont think gillette stadium is Qwest are that impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    THe list is pretty much right, except for number 10, the Viking's stadium probably hasn't been that way for a while.
    Right on man, I have been going to one Viking game a year for the past few years and that place is DEAD!! You can hear just about everything and the place never sells out. I kept hearing how loud it was there and came away completely unimpressed. The loudest game I went to there was when Denver was there awhile back. Clinton had a great game and Moss made that bulls#$t flip over his head. Denver still almost won that one when Kanell finally took over for Buerlein. The only reason why that game was loud was due to the fact that the stadium was 40% orange and blue.

As a Chiefs fan, I would rank Mile High as high as Arrowhead, especially for the Chiefs. I still think Invesco is nearly as difficult.

I would rank Pittsburgh ahead of the dome and Gillette as it is always tough to play regardless of the talent. The Colts and Patriots have good teams, take away some talent and neither one of those stadiums is really difficult.

Beyond that, I agree with list for the Packers, Seahawks and Vikings. Even when the Vikings suck, they play well at home.

Although not on the list, I think Oakland gets a lot of hype from the media as being a difficult place to play, but they struggle selling out and IMO, it has not shown to be a favorable advantage for them. On the other hand, I always think playing Miami is tough, especially when it is hot early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MAChiefs
    Although not on the list, I think Oakland gets a lot of hype from the media as being a difficult place to play, but they struggle selling out and IMO, it has not shown to be a favorable advantage for them. On the other hand, I always think playing Miami is tough, especially when it is hot early in the season.
    Agreed. That stadium is not even loud during the A's playoff run. Those fans are never happy.
    I'm on Twitter!