Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Can David Terrell be a quality #2?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by T8KNOVR

he has the measureables.. but as far as NFL competition goes just doesnt have enough as of yet.if at all
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosinindy
    he has the measureables.. but as far as NFL competition goes just doesnt have enough as of yet.if at all
    It sounds like it is a question of maturity and confidence. He could be a waiver wire steal. He has the ability to be a 60 catch 800 yard 7 touchdown guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There've been all these David Terrell threads. I take all this stuff with a grain of salt. He said all the right things.

So did Trevor Pryce last year. He talked about having a dominating year and proving to all the teams that wouldn't trade for him in the off-season that he was worth the big contract.

Blah, blah, blah. He had 4 sacks and 1 dominating game -- the first game against KC.

So, we'll see in actual games whether Terrell gets on the field or not.

We heard a bunch of talk about Jerry Rice last year and he didn't even make the team. So, I'm just gonna say that the jury will be out on David Terrell until sometime in August. Then we'll know whether it's hot air or a real change.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Jerry Rice made the team, but then he retired

And Terrel may have the potential to be good, but we have three wr that have potential. Do u think we need a different wr coach or something. Lelie Watts and Terrel all have the ability to be good, but they haven't shown much.

I understand that rod is doing what he can to teach them, but there's only so much we can ask of him, he's getting paid to be a wr not a coach.
    "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

[IMG]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3558/whatwould7dosig1vl.jpg[/IMG]

one thing i noticed in the earlier article about terrell is that ted sunquist said that "terrell has the ability to be a #3 reciever in this league." (not sure if thats the exact quote, but close enough).

ted didnt say terrell had the talent to be a #1 or even a #2, but a #3. now that might be because we already have a #1 and #2, and need to fill the 3 slot, or it could be ted saying that terrell isnt a starter, but has what it takes to contribute as a 3rd guy.

im going to wait until preseason before i form any opinions as to what terrell has to offer.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Potential or no potential, David Terrell is in a "showmesomething" stage of his career.

The only talking he should be doing, good or bad, is out on the field.

no no no no no no no no no no no

For now I will say #3 - definitely.

#2 remains to be seen. But I wouldn't rule him out completely. We have seen the way our WR's tend to be favorites and then end up sliding down the depth chart.

With lelie working out elsewhere, and the rumors of shopping him, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we went in with Terrell at #2 come training camp. Whether that means Lelie is gone, or just fallen out of favor, who knows.

Let's just hope Lelie didn't land himself on "Shanny's S**t List", cause we know it doesn't take long before those players are 86'd from Broncoland.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    There've been all these David Terrell threads. I take all this stuff with a grain of salt. He said all the right things.

So did Trevor Pryce last year. He talked about having a dominating year and proving to all the teams that wouldn't trade for him in the off-season that he was worth the big contract.

Blah, blah, blah. He had 4 sacks and 1 dominating game -- the first game against KC.

So, we'll see in actual games whether Terrell gets on the field or not.

We heard a bunch of talk about Jerry Rice last year and he didn't even make the team. So, I'm just gonna say that the jury will be out on David Terrell until sometime in August. Then we'll know whether it's hot air or a real change.
    I HATED the Jerry Rice signing. I watched him stumble and bumble around for a handful of games up in Seattle. It's sad to say, but he was an absolute waste of a training-camp spot. I would've been angry had he made the team.

Anyways, I agree with you that Terrell's jury is still out. But he's got the talent and ability IMO, he just has to put it together (work ethic, concentration, comprehension, etc).

don't forget that heimerdinger is back. Rod Smith credits him for making him the WR he is. I think if terrell is open to listening, he can be a #2 and maybe a #1 in a few years. He is still young and with a few years in the system, he could be a very good wideout for us

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    don't forget that heimerdinger is back. Rod Smith credits him for making him the WR he is. I think if terrell is open to listening, he can be a #2 and maybe a #1 in a few years. He is still young and with a few years in the system, he could be a very good wideout for us
    Good point. I keep forgetting 'bout the Dinger.

Well until Lelie is gone, Terrell will be #3 to start with. He will need to beat out though Watts, Adams, and Devoe. So if he is dedicated to that task maybe he will surprise a lot of us.

The article in which he talked about himself showed me how much he has matured since Chicago. (Yes he said some things he will definitely have to prove like being as good as Terrell Owens.) But he also said how much he "partied" and did not try very hard in Chicago, because he thought everything was going to be handed to him and he had that "big" contract and lots of money.

Now he has none of that. He will have to prove himself here in Denver. Mike has already showed him that by sitting him all last year. Now he should be really hungry to get out and play and he does have a lot of talent if it can be used.

By the way our wide receivers coach is Steve Watson. He was a fantastic receiver for the Broncos and would catch anything over the middle. I remember cheering for him when I was a kid. I also remember that he had a tremendous work ethic, so I would suppose that he would be a good coach.

Mike H. certainly could not hurt David T. if Rod Smith is so "high" on him. Rod definitely can show David T. some things also.

Could David be a #2 yes I think so. But as others have said Training Camp will tell the story on that. Depends on his attitude and on paper that has been good since he has come to Denver. On the field is where he now must make his statement.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

If he gets his head out of his ass, he has the talent to be the New #1 when Rod retires.

He has the size, speed and hands to do everything Rod does.

Time will tell how fast he moves up the depth chart. If he is smart won't take long to zing past ashley.

I think David Terrel is a steal. I believe he willl step up. Remember Ed McCffrey, He came from movinf from team to team. Came to dener and end up being great.