comedy central censors south park?

i had read about this earlier today but just happened to catch the south park episode a few minutes ago. i'm still not sure whether it was a south park joke or whether comedy central really cut it out . . . but some people seem to think it wasn't a joke: http://voxday.blogspot.com/2006/04/choppee-choppee.html
    in the event this wasn't a joke, the hypocrisy is offensive. refusing to show even a picture of mohammed but having no problem with airing jesus crapping on people 3 minutes later? it's such a slap in the face, it almost has to be a joke.

go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

It is real. Saw it on MSN. They censored out Mohammed but did not censor Jesus. South Park is a hilarious show that pushes the limits and that is one reason I like it. I personally do not care what the religious individuals feel about it because they are talking out of their arse when dealing with shows like that.

What about that episode with the Super Best Friends? They didn't censor Muhammad, or any of the religious figures in that one.
    A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChicken
    What about that episode with the Super Best Friends? They didn't censor Muhammad, or any of the religious figures in that one.
    I believe that was before the outcry over the Danish toons.

Hmmm. Thats weird. I could have sworn it was just a joke written into the show by the South Park writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan
    It is real. Saw it on MSN. They censored out Mohammed but did not censor Jesus. South Park is a hilarious show that pushes the limits and that is one reason I like it. I personally do not care what the religious individuals feel about it because they are talking out of their arse when dealing with shows like that.
    well i'm a religious individual myself and don't feel i'm talking out of anything but my mouth on the matter . we are in agreement though - while i'm a bit uncomfortable personally with the treatment of Jesus on south park, i wouldn't consider requesting comedy central block it out and i still enjoy the show. when everyone is being insulted, none of the insults are personal, and one can simply enjoy the comedy. but when comedy central stepped in and said "sure go ahead and show the god of the christians crapping on people, but don't even show an image of the muslim's prophet" . . . that seems to be setting certain people apart and makes what was orginally just funny into something insulting. i realize they are doing it, not for a special respect of muslims, but for fear of them. but that just seems cowardly. and yet, while it pissed me off, i'm not sure i should be - perhaps muslims should be the one's insulted since the real reason behind comedy central's move was ultimately paternalistic.

meh, i still like south park.

go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Well, South Park has really come a social commentary of sorts; so... take that as you will.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by mattos
    well i'm a religious individual myself and don't feel i'm talking out of anything but my mouth on the matter . we are in agreement though - while i'm a bit uncomfortable personally with the treatment of Jesus on south park, i wouldn't consider requesting comedy central block it out and i still enjoy the show. when everyone is being insulted, none of the insults are personal, and one can simply enjoy the comedy. but when comedy central stepped in and said "sure go ahead and show the god of the christians crapping on people, but don't even show an image of the muslim's prophet" . . . that seems to be setting certain people apart and makes what was orginally just funny into something insulting. i realize they are doing it, not for a special respect of muslims, but for fear of them. but that just seems cowardly. and yet, while it pissed me off, i'm not sure i should be - perhaps muslims should be the one's insulted since the real reason behind comedy central's move was ultimately paternalistic.

meh, i still like south park.
    Well put... I'll give you a CP when I can.

The dual part South Park was the best work they've done in a while. The episode works on so many levels-- insulting terrorism in general, while also showing the blatant hypocracy and sheer idiocy of Comedy Central to censor Mohammed.

Plus, who the hell are these 3rd world people who get bent about their god being spoofed and riot? I have enough respect for the American Muslim to think that they are fully capable of handling a South Park episode without going to the streets.