Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,729
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISHIDIOT
    Geez...and I thought he was cut when he checked into a alcohol treatment program....signed with the Vikings and made the pro-bowl as an NFC kick returner....and then resigned with the Vikings on a long term deal....how stupid was I
    See post #9

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by jletourneau
    Take this for what it's worth, cause I don't have a link as of yet, but I read elsewhere that ESPN was just reporting that their are ongoing trade discussions right now between Green Bay and Seattle about a trade that would send Javon Walker to the Seahawks in exchange for the 31st pick in the draft.

    We've talked about Javon to the Broncos as a possibility for awhile now, but looks like he's headed elsewhere.
    If seattle is really willing to pay GB a number 1 for a wr that had one very good year(but not great), and tore his acl in the first game last year, then so be it. If they want him that bad, let them have him.

    This guy has had one year that seperates him from Lelie, otherwise I am having a hard time justifying all the excitement. I would be willing to gamble a 3rd (we don't have one) or one of our fourth's (preferable) on him, but anything more than that is too risky considering a torn acl.
    "I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,504

    Angry Walker

    I jusr read on Fanball.com that Denver is tagetting Walker and the competition is the 49ers and Eagles (spit, yuk). It also says that Green Bay insists that Walker will be held to honor the last year of his contract. This is good new 'cause it sounds like Green Bay is posturing to build up the trade. The down side is the Eagels have tons 'O cash to spend and a need at WR....again. They can screw us in the draft at the 14th pick and here too. I know nothing about the niners situation with cap space but they need a WR worse that Denver or Philly. Walker could be a Bronco ( although I still like Moulds better.....but I'll get over that eventually)

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Green Bay,WI
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac
    I jusr read on Fanball.com that Denver is tagetting Walker and the competition is the 49ers and Eagles (spit, yuk). It also says that Green Bay insists that Walker will be held to honor the last year of his contract. This is good new 'cause it sounds like Green Bay is posturing to build up the trade. The down side is the Eagels have tons 'O cash to spend and a need at WR....again. They can screw us in the draft at the 14th pick and here too. I know nothing about the niners situation with cap space but they need a WR worse that Denver or Philly. Walker could be a Bronco ( although I still like Moulds better.....but I'll get over that eventually)
    I believe that San Francisco is sitting at $15 million under the cap, so they have room to spend some more dough.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    246
    Man Burelson isnt getting enough respect here. They would not bring in Burleson (a restricted free agent if i'm correct) and then bring in javon. Okay, Nate didnt have the best of seasons when he was expected to take over the reigns of randy moss @ the vikings but i believe he will be a great reciever this year. no need for walker, send him to us GB!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4618/dj71yt9.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

    [CENTER]Holdin' Up The Middle[/CENTER]

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ.24
    Man Burelson isnt getting enough respect here. They would not bring in Burleson (a restricted free agent if i'm correct) and then bring in javon. Okay, Nate didnt have the best of seasons when he was expected to take over the reigns of randy moss @ the vikings but i believe he will be a great reciever this year. no need for walker, send him to us GB!
    It's not like Burleson would be the 4th receiver...

    Engram would probably be the one out of the loop...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    94
    Whether Kiper stated this or not the whole idea is totally ludicrous. For starters Seattle dont need another receiver, they do need a guard however. Not to mention the fact if you do a bit of research on the Green Bay forums you may come accross some major posters who know for a fact that the highest offer Green Bay have had so far was a 4th rounder and that was from our beloved Mike and Ted. And by the way the Packers havent closed the door after baulking at the initial offer.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedDLinemen
    Whether Kiper stated this or not the whole idea is totally ludicrous. For starters Seattle dont need another receiver, they do need a guard however. Not to mention the fact if you do a bit of research on the Green Bay forums you may come accross some major posters who know for a fact that the highest offer Green Bay have had so far was a 4th rounder and that was from our beloved Mike and Ted. And by the way the Packers havent closed the door after baulking at the initial offer.
    I agree with this.

    I would be amazed if Seattle is this stupid! First of all NOBODY knows whether Javon will ever be the same WR after his injury.

    Now, everybody is saying "he's completely healed." That and a couple of bucks will get you a cappuchino at Starbucks! Until he proves it on a football field and then proves that he can hold up for the entire season and perform at the same level he did in 2004, it's all a risk.

    To give up a 2nd round pick (the end of the 2nd round) is bad enough a risk, but I could see it IF Seattle needed a WR. But, WR was NOT the reason they didn't win the SB! The need a guard. They could use some guys in the defensive secondary (although they are solid, they could be improved here). Etc.

    But, WR seems to be a position of strength. At #31 they could pick up a good OL or safety or LB or. . . lots of things! Why give up that chance?

    (BTW: on the boards, all the Packers fans are loving this! They think they're stealing Seattle blind:

    Here's an example: "As a Packer fan, as much as I would love to see Javon's career rot and plummet by sitting this year out and lose his chance at ever signing a big contract in his life, I would LOVE this trade because we would be totally ripping Seattle a new one."

    I have to agree! They would!
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,707
    The biggest problem with this rumor is not ability of D Jack and Burleson. A bunch of you have spent time trying to determine whether D Jack is a number 1.

    the problem is that he is paid like a number 1 and Burleson also has a huge contract. There is no way they can afford another big money WR. Javon be a horrible financial investment. Or he would be further proof that they wasted a ton of money on Burleson (worst signing of the off season; they paid that much and gave up a third round pick. Revenge is a bitter pill to swallow).

    D Jack and Nate will be the starters, Engram and Hackett will play. There is no way they bring in Javon, pay him and then have a big money WR as the third guy. They have paid others too much to seriously consider this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •