View Poll Results: Who Would You Pick Up At QB If Still On The Board

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Leinhart

    54 46.15%
  • Vince Young

    63 53.85%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    4,460

    Matt Leinhart or Vince Young?

    Because of the success of the White/Bush thread which can be viewed here.

    I think this would make a good poll.

    I could care less about Cutler because I never heard of him in my life.

    So here's the great debate....which QB do yout hink would go first and would be successful within the first 4 years. The NFL is now a WIN-NOW league...gotta be successful early or you're a bust.

    Be heard people!
    I'm on Twitter!

    Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

    2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,877
    I voted for Leinart. I like his attitude, arm, and leadership.

    But mostly, I have a gut feeling he will be better. Everytime I get a gut feeling on a player, I tend to be right..or Im hungry, and I just ate so that shouldnt be the case!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Back in VA
    Posts
    1,071
    Another stickie? What's up with that? Wouldn't this be just fine as a normal thread? And this one doesn't even have anything to do with the Broncos.

    Oh, and Matt Leinart is the best QB in this draft for reasons that everybody's heard by now thanks to ESPN's cruddy Draft Specials.
    A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

    So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,062
    deff. young he would fit our system better
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    You stalker.
    Posts
    10,977
    Young


  6. #6
    Nick is offline
    <- Ready for the salute
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springville, UT
    Posts
    3,531
    leinart over young

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Parker, Colorado!!
    Posts
    3,088
    Leinart. Pocket passers win Super Bowls, period.
    I bleed orange and blue!!!


    Rest in peace, Darrent.

    I adopted Domenik Hixon!!


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianOrange
    Because of the success of the White/Bush thread which can be viewed here.

    I think this would make a good poll.

    I could care less about Cutler because I never heard of him in my life.

    So here's the great debate....which QB do yout hink would go first and would be successful within the first 4 years. The NFL is now a WIN-NOW league...gotta be successful early or you're a bust.

    Be heard people!
    This does not have to be a sticky..... anyways i would take VY just cause hes black, (im not racist) just most of u will take ML

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,351
    Leinart carries A LOT over Vince in my opinion, but the one thing that could make Vince all that and more is his competitive nature. He has the drive, and the will to be great no matter how he begins it.

    Vince's competitive nature and will to win is the biggest reason I am VERY nervous about him ending up in Oakland.

    My head says Leinart, but my heart says Vince. He just has so much heart himself, he has a similar drive in him as MJ or Elway. Not to say he has the abilities to dominate his sport like they did. But when a guy has that kind of inner will, I wouldn't put anything past him in the long run.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,877
    Quote Originally Posted by denverownraider
    This does not have to be a sticky..... anyways i would take VY just cause hes black, (im not racist) just most of u will take ML
    *sigh* not a great reason to pick a qb as it has no effect on their performance.

    Despite the fact that Young might go to the Raiders, where he would have targets galore, I don't think he will be as successfull as Leinart. I think both will be good though.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    291

    Baby

    Young for sure....

    Leinhart is a big spoiled brat. We will get beat up his rookie season.
    [SIGPIC]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/Ambivalent1/AlphonsoSmith.jpg[/SIGPIC]

    Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry1977
    Leinart. Pocket passers win Super Bowls, period.
    Defenses win championships and Plummer isn't a "pocket passer." Why would the Broncos want a QB that is slower, weaker-armed, and throws on the run worse than Plummer? Young could be a monster in Shanny's system, which is why Kubes needs to bring him home to Houston... (check the locale)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    victoria, bc
    Posts
    2,200
    young. he simply makes plays to win games.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


    "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ





  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    I'll take Young. Leinart hasn't shown me he's serious about being a real football player. I get the impression he's too busy being a celebrity.
    Thats the dumbest thing I've heard today...Leinart works so much harder than Young its unbelievable. The only reason he's a celebrity is

    1. He plays in LA, where if you start winning everyone notices and gravels at your feet.
    2. The women like him.

    Trust me, I know Matt (personally). He's as laid back as it gets, all he wants to do is play football. If he cared about the money and the "celebrity" fame, he would have declared for the draft last year and been the #1 pick. Therefore my friend, you are officially the least informed person I know on this board.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by jletourneau
    Leinart carries A LOT over Vince in my opinion, but the one thing that could make Vince all that and more is his competitive nature. He has the drive, and the will to be great no matter how he begins it.

    Vince's competitive nature and will to win is the biggest reason I am VERY nervous about him ending up in Oakland.

    My head says Leinart, but my heart says Vince. He just has so much heart himself, he has a similar drive in him as MJ or Elway. Not to say he has the abilities to dominate his sport like they did. But when a guy has that kind of inner will, I wouldn't put anything past him in the long run.
    You are a very smart man.

    VY has more desire and will than anyone I've ever seen. The word "lose" is not in his dictionary.

    I really, really don't want him in Oakland for obvious reasons as well as the one you mentioned....but most of all....as a UT grad and die hard Orangeblood, I'd have to pull for him......AGGGGGGHHHHHH.

    Dimi
    [SIZE=4]BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS[/SIZE]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •