View Poll Results: Who Would You Pick Up At QB If Still On The Board

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Leinhart

54 46.15%
  • Vince Young

63 53.85%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Leinart would be a target on a bad team with a bad O-line. Young is good enough to be on any of those teams that didn't make the playoffs.

I had an Idea about 20 years ago where if I was a top draft pick and could go in the top 10 teams I would do something bad my last year in college to drop me into the playoffs teams in the draft. Think about it. Would you rather get drafted by a team thats already good or would you take the chance of landing on a team thats really bad.

Vince Young could be doing just Okay his workouts and tests on purpose. Hes a beast on the field. Just ask USC and Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos74310
    vince can make plays without good receivers. leinart cant. young is the next cunningham.
    In 4 years, the Titans will be drafting another QB. Leinart is going to go to the cards and win. He played in a pro style offense, he learnd to check off recivers. He has been studying NFl game film since the begginging of last year. He has a brilliant understanding of the QB position. He even teaches QB's at the locale high schools, defensive formations. I am so impressed with the guy. I wish Denver would of got him. But I have card season tickets so, when Warner goes down to his annuel injurys in week 3 I get to watch this guys great career begin.

Vince Young on the other hand, played in a shotgun offense. He was trained to look at target 1 if hes coverd, look at target 2, if hes coverd he runs. He wont be able to do that in the pros. Hes not as fast as Vick(hopfully he can throw better, because Vick is one of the worst passing QB's that is a consistant starter that I have ever seen). QB's who play that type of offense are not successful in the pros. The best one to ever come out, was probably Trent Dilfer. Vince Young is a worse version of Kordell Stewart.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI[/url]

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Vince Young is a worse version of Kordell Stewart.
    Gil Brandt disagrees with you.

from the NFL.com site:

1. Vince Young, Texas (6-4 5/8, 228, 4.58)
    Young did not work out at the Combine. He did some things on March 22 at Texas' Pro Day. He ran one 40 in 4.58. He played quarterback and started for three years in high school. He passed for 35 touchdowns and only four interceptions as a senior. Young ran for 1,274 yards and 24 TDs the same year. He played baseball (pitcher, outfielder), averaged over 20 points a game as a four-year member of the basketball team, and also ran track. Young redshirted in 2002, started the final seven games in 2003, and all 25 combined games in 2004 and 2005. He had 26 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions as a senior and completed 212 of 325 passes for a 65.2 percentage. Young has the size you want for the position. His release is very quick and he has the ability to take over big games and come back to win on a big play (2004 vs. Kansas, 2005 vs. Ohio State and Oklahoma State). Wants to be good, works hard to get better and has a passion for the game (last summer he wrote on a blackboard in the locker room, "Everyone who wants to return to the Rose Bowl, meet me everyday for practice."). He was outstanding at the Texas workout. Young dropped back to throw to show people what he could do. The accuracy was very good. He is careless at times. The big question is do you want to play against this guy?

The only thing I would add to his assessment would be on this comment: "...he has the ability to take over big games and come back to win on a big play (2004 vs. Kansas, 2005 vs. Ohio State and Oklahoma State..."

Gil left out the Rose Bowl. TWICE.

I'm okay with the Cutler pick - especially after Bush dropped to the second pick - that made the second pick extremely expensive; too expensive for the Broncos. Vince Young would have thrived in the Denver offense. Leinart would have at least one concussion every year.

Vince Young or Matt Leinhart?

I would take Leinhart any day over Vince Young. Vince Young is lanky and will do absolutely nothing in the NFL unless he has a team like the Patriots as his supporting cast.
    Last edited by ChampMVP; 05-04-2006 at 07:34 AM.
    [IMG]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/25/255689.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Elway=Goat
    In 4 years, the Titans will be drafting another QB. Leinart is going to go to the cards and win. He played in a pro style offense, he learnd to check off recivers. He has been studying NFl game film since the begginging of last year. He has a brilliant understanding of the QB position. He even teaches QB's at the locale high schools, defensive formations. I am so impressed with the guy. I wish Denver would of got him. But I have card season tickets so, when Warner goes down to his annuel injurys in week 3 I get to watch this guys great career begin.

Vince Young on the other hand, played in a shotgun offense. He was trained to look at target 1 if hes coverd, look at target 2, if hes coverd he runs. He wont be able to do that in the pros. Hes not as fast as Vick(hopfully he can throw better, because Vick is one of the worst passing QB's that is a consistant starter that I have ever seen). QB's who play that type of offense are not successful in the pros. The best one to ever come out, was probably Trent Dilfer. Vince Young is a worse version of Kordell Stewart.
    You are exactly right, Vince Young is a lame excuse for Kordell Stewart

Why Vince Young?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos86
    deff. young he would fit our system better

Expain to me why Young would work better in our system?

I would much rather take Leinhart over Young. I think Matt is built for the long run while Vince will be more like a Mike Vick that wil most likely retire much sooner than a pocket quarterback.

I'm not saying that Vince is a bad quarterback, I just believe Matt would be a better decision for the long run. If I had to choose who would win a championship first, I would definitely choose Leinhart.
    [IMG]http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20051218/skins_71784.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20051228/santanamoss_55330.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20051211/portis_68980.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=1]Braves on the warpath, FIGHT for 'ol D.C.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

MATT,look's like a star,but I'm not how that factors into football..........lol

I voted for Vince Young. I believe ether one could be a bust or a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatted Bronco
    MATT,look's like a star,but I'm not how that factors into football..........lol
    Matt is dating Paris Hilton
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!