Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado69
    They sure get the board buzzing. If the Broncos do end up with Walker, do they trade Lelie? I guess it depends alot on what they think of Terrell and Watts. Keeping Lelie and Walker will sure hurt the pocketbook and create complaints about who gets the most throws their way. Also, if they use the #5 to draft Davis, they will need two footballs per play to keep everyone happy. One more question. Is Walker a decent blocker?
    Ashleys impact is a shade over 600k this year and next. Will we have to reod his contract only if he can make a splash this year. Rod and Javon could make a great set of WR's that can do it all.

This year's Bronco draft is one of if not the most entertaining that I can remember.

There are so many possibilities. When you couple the Broncos two first round picks with the unusual quality of this draft, there are so many options to look at. Denver could trade up using their two first round picks. They can trade up using one first round pick and a player in trade. They can use both their picks in an almost countless number of player combinations. They can trade down for more picks in the second round and still get very highly skilled athletes.

When you couple all these outcomes with the Broncos' past unpredictability and our own personel biases there is an unlimited number of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    This year's Bronco draft is one of if not the most entertaining that I can remember.

There are so many possibilities. When you couple the Broncos two first round picks with the unusual quality of this draft, there are so many options to look at. Denver could trade up using their two first round picks. They can trade up using one first round pick and a player in trade. They can use both their picks in an almost countless number of player combinations. They can trade down for more picks in the second round and still get very highly skilled athletes.

When you couple all these outcomes with the Broncos' past unpredictability and our own personel biases there is an unlimited number of possibilities.

Entertaining only if you like mysteries, or sometimes comedy central.

This would be sweet. I would take that deal in a minute. Of course sometimes I like to Dream... Dream... Dream... please don't wake me up...
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

BLAH.... too good to be true. While we would give up two picks (something I've nevber been in favor of), this would be robbery. I would go into shock if this was pulled off....

Also on that board, posted by "louis wright 20"(dont know if its the "real" louis wright) that he herd a rumor of denvers 15, a 2nd round pick, and ashly lilie to green bay for the #5 and Javon Walker, just a rumor, but it sounds a little more fair to both teams than the other proposed trade... thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by broncobuss
    Also on that board, posted by "louis wright 20"(dont know if its the "real" louis wright) that he herd a rumor of denvers 15, a 2nd round pick, and ashly lilie to green bay for the #5 and Javon Walker, just a rumor, but it sounds a little more fair to both teams than the other proposed trade... thoughts
    Now that would be SAAWWWWEEEEEEEETTTT!!!

That's an even bigger ripoff IMO. Essentially (if Walker is fully recovered), you're trading a first and second round pick for no. 5 overall. S-T-E-A-L.

This situation would be ideal if we don't work anything out with the Texans.

Walker AND a #5, keeping Lelie. Hello Vernon Davis, nice to meet you. I'll be very upset if THIS or the Reggie sweepstakes doesn't go down, we need a guy like R.B. or V.D.
    [IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6769/burnedlr1.png[/IMG]

Damn, sounds good, but how healthy is Javon Walker?

Doesn't Walker want a big fat contract? Isn't that why he wants out of GB anyway? I've never seen Denver give a fat contract to a WR and if they wern't willing to pay for T.O. I don't think they will for walker. This is a deep draft. Alot of good players wich is why Denver traded its pick last year. At #15 and #22 Denver can get playmakers that can start this year. Might even be some steals in the second and third rounds. As far as I know Lelie isn't holding out or hasn't been griping about his situation. I don't think he will be a T.O. type distraction next year if Denver forces him to play and might have a breakout year trying to prove himself. Denver is in very good shape even if we stay put. We hold all the cards and don't have to settle. Should be drama on draft day!
    Definition of the word Fan: The term fan refers to someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking of a person, group of persons, work of art, idea, or trend.

Definition of True Broncos Fan: Homer.

Rod Smith the greatest ever
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ankz_IobV6c&feature=related[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by imh
    Doesn't Walker want a big fat contract? Isn't that why he wants out of GB anyway? I've never seen Denver give a fat contract to a WR and if they wern't willing to pay for T.O. I don't think they will for walker. This is a deep draft. Alot of good players wich is why Denver traded its pick last year. At #15 and #22 Denver can get playmakers that can start this year. Might even be some steals in the second and third rounds. As far as I know Lelie isn't holding out or hasn't been griping about his situation. I don't think he will be a T.O. type distraction next year if Denver forces him to play and might have a breakout year trying to prove himself. Denver is in very good shape even if we stay put. We hold all the cards and don't have to settle. Should be drama on draft day!
    Roddy and Eddie Mac have both had rather "handsom" salaries in their careers, but that aside...

I don't think Javon wants a "fat contract" he just wants more than he is currently getting - which is a very low ammount.

Given his performance, and his showing up last year when GB demanded, (also telling him they would work something out, and not doing so), this is one of the uber-rare situations where I do think the guy actually does deserve a raise.

Give him the moon? Hells no.

But even at 2-3 times what he was making I would be alright with that. Maybe make it incentive based, so if his injury is not healed we aren't stuck for it. But if he performs anywhere close to his former glory a 'mill' a season would be a bargain.

Unhappy Dream is dead

Well now we don't have 2 first rounders so this thread is now pointless. I have read that we can get javon for our new 2nd or 3rd rounder but the 5th overall seems to be a pipe dream at this point.....no VD for us unless we are meeting our dates on street corners.....*sigh* :-( The dream was great, for a day.

Professional Hell Raiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Road_Apples
    you wouldn't like it if you were GB? or what?
    It sounds incredulous for sure, but it all depends on where GB thinks Walker's value is, and I personally think they think it is far lower in reality than they are letting on in public -probably a mid level third at best.
    therefore:
    say 250 points
    next they give up their fourth at 96 points = 346 points
    and then they throw in the #5 overall which is 1700, and a total of 2046 points.

Denver tosses in their two picks collectively worth totalling 1830, so I would think personally that it is actually DENVER giving a fourth rounder to GB than the other way around to make this deal work out where it might be fairer. However, GB might be readily thinking they need to get two high draft picks in order to shore up their holes, and get rid of a problem (Walker), so if it is true, they might be thinking it is well worth it to pull the trigger on that kind of deal where it is only 216 points. This could be contingent on how much value for Walker they think they can get, and maybe after all the BS in the rumor mills is really not true, this might be the best offer.
    I would like getting #5 but not Walker. He is overrated and unproven.

Quote Originally Posted by West
    Willn't matter anymore, we willn't be able to get that #5 pick from them now without giving up our top pick next year. Walker for a 4th rounder sounds good. Maybe we can swap 2nd round picks as well; Walker their 2nd round pick for our 4th round pick and our 2nd round pick.

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by West
    Well, it doesn't look like the Broncos are getting either one so you don't have to worry about it!

1. Trading down out of the first round means no move up to #5 or #6. i.e. NO Vernon Davis!

2. Unless the Packers want Lelie for Walker Lelie isn't going anywhere this year. Just because his agent wants a trade and he's staying away from the voluntary workouts to try and force a trade doesn't mean that Shanahan will trade him!

That would create a hole at #2 WR.

And now ESPN is reporting that LenDale White will be Denver's pick at #15. LINK

So, it's probably LenDale White, then a TE with one of the #2 picks.

At least White will get on the field in his rookie year if he's any good.

But, using a #15 pick on a RB is too high in my view. I'd rather see some other player taken. Unfortunately, it seems to be down to Chad Jackson, White or somebody who unexpectedly slips.

My money's on White now.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg