• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrhampton
    Banned User
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Cugel
    Well, it doesn't look like the Broncos are getting either one so you don't have to worry about it!

1. Trading down out of the first round means no move up to #5 or #6. i.e. NO Vernon Davis!

2. Unless the Packers want Lelie for Walker Lelie isn't going anywhere this year. Just because his agent wants a trade and he's staying away from the voluntary workouts to try and force a trade doesn't mean that Shanahan will trade him!

That would create a hole at #2 WR.

And now ESPN is reporting that LenDale White will be Denver's pick at #15. LINK

So, it's probably LenDale White, then a TE with one of the #2 picks.

At least White will get on the field in his rookie year if he's any good.

But, using a #15 pick on a RB is too high in my view. I'd rather see some other player taken. Unfortunately, it seems to be down to Chad Jackson, White or somebody who unexpectedly slips.

My money's on White now.

Just maybe Mikey will trade down some more, so we don't have to take a RB that is hurt, NO Wait he has a habit of doing that.

OR a WR that won't start until Rod retires or be worth having on the field until 2007.

NO he has history of doing that also.

Hooked, screwed and tattooed AGAIN. Mikey is gonna slip us the fid once again.

Comment

• KS-BroncoGirl
      Bench Warmer
      • Dec 2005

I'm so disappointed...

...in today's trade that the words Denver Broncos are a sour taste in my mouth. I realize that what Shanahan said after last years trade with Washington is true in that this years draft has a lot more talent, but how often does Denver get a decent first round pick like they got in the Abraham deal and end up with two first rounders? This has got to be one of the worst trade deals they have ever done. It's a bad day for me because of this. Sure there might be some upside, but I never think trading down is a good deal unless it's a player and draft selection(s). I keep thinking every year that the Broncos are going to finally do something totally corrrect in the draft and this year looked like a banner year to do jus that. Now, IMHO they just screwed themselves out of a player who could be a starter for someone that probalbly needs a year before becoming a worthy talent to put on the field. I can't even imagine whom we'll take now. The main talent will be gone before Denver gets it's second choice and thell probably pick a player for some position that isn't a need. I'm just mad about this can you tell?
      Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

• BroncoFanCam
        110% Raider Hater
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by KS-BroncoGirl
        ...in today's trade that the words Denver Broncos are a sour taste in my mouth. I realize that what Shanahan said after last years trade with Washington is true in that this years draft has a lot more talent, but how often does Denver get a decent first round pick like they got in the Abraham deal and end up with two first rounders? This has got to be one of the worst trade deals they have ever done. It's a bad day for me because of this. Sure there might be some upside, but I never think trading down is a good deal unless it's a player and draft selection(s). I keep thinking every year that the Broncos are going to finally do something totally corrrect in the draft and this year looked like a banner year to do jus that. Now, IMHO they just screwed themselves out of a player who could be a starter for someone that probalbly needs a year before becoming a worthy talent to put on the field. I can't even imagine whom we'll take now. The main talent will be gone before Denver gets it's second choice and thell probably pick a player for some position that isn't a need. I'm just mad about this can you tell?
        I think that pulling this move, this early was a mistake to be quite honest.

And I am sad to say that I will not be surprised in the least if we do it again with #15. I am just getting this "wussing out" feeling from the F/O as far as drafting is concerned.

Last year we pussed out of the first, I wont be shocked if we do it again.

I was very excited at having our first real shot at an ELITE draftee in a VERY long time. That dream has since become a nightmare as it is now out of our grasp.

Now I just feel like our F/O has absolutely no faith in their scouts or drafting in the first round as a whole.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

• WABronco
          I'M driving the bandwagon
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
          I think that pulling this move, this early was a mistake to be quite honest.

And I am sad to say that I will not be surprised in the least if we do it again with #15. I am just getting this "wussing out" feeling from the F/O as far as drafting is concerned.

Last year we pussed out of the first, I wont be shocked if we do it again.

I was very excited at having our first real shot at an ELITE draftee in a VERY long time. That dream has since become a nightmare as it is now out of our grasp.

Now I just feel like our F/O has absolutely no faith in their scouts or drafting in the first round as a whole.
          No, they wanted to get a deal done early so they weren't relying on other team's FO's who are typically FOS. Remember when Denver surprisingly took George Foster? Well, IIRC, Shanny had tried to swing a trade for the Ravens slot (I believe no. 9) for Terrell Suggs (imagine that!), but Billick screwed him over. Billick then screwed Shanny again when he backed out on a deal where B-More would've traded back into the first (no. 20) to select Kyle Boller. He backs out in the last second and swings a trade with New England instead. Result? Billick finds himself on Shanny's permanent **** list.

Shanny doesn't want to get burned like that again. Remember how the Deltha O'neal trade was before the draft too? Yea, that's why...

Trading only one first rounder makes you think the FO is incompetent? What?? They still have no. 15...even higher and riskier!

You guys are being greedy, frankly. We can get better value at our need positions at 37 and 61 than 22 and 61.
          Last edited by WABronco; 04-19-2006, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• pipes
            <- the man!
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WABronco
            No, they wanted to get a deal done early so they weren't relying on other team's FO's who are typically FOS. Remember when Denver surprisingly took George Foster? Well, IIRC, Shanny had tried to swing a trade for the Ravens slot (I believe no. 9) for Terrell Suggs (imagine that!), but Billick screwed him over. Billick then screwed Shanny again when he backed out on a deal where B-More would've traded back into the first (no. 20) to select Kyle Boller. He backs out in the last second and swings a trade with New England instead. Result? Billick finds himself on Shanny's permanent **** list.

Shanny doesn't want to get burned like that again. Remember how the Deltha O'neal trade was before the draft too? Yea, that's why...

Trading only one first rounder makes you think the FO is incompetent? What?? They still have no. 15...even higher and riskier!

You guys are being greedy, frankly. We can get better value at our need positions at 37 and 61 than 22 and 61.

Nice insight

Comment

• BroncoFanCam
              110% Raider Hater
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by WABronco

Rather than pull the trigger this early I would just... NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BILLICK!

I have a hard time believeing that tis trade could have been jeopardised by anothe rteam on draft day, or that someone else was about to beat us to the punch... the punch being a 2nd and 3rd rounder... whoptie dang doo...

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

• WABronco
                I'M driving the bandwagon
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                Rather than pull the trigger this early I would just... NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BILLICK!

I have a hard time believeing that tis trade could have been jeopardised by anothe rteam on draft day, or that someone else was about to beat us to the punch... the punch being a 2nd and 3rd rounder... whoptie dang doo...
                This specific trade is not the point of my post. The point is that it seems like Shanny likes to get his bizness done before draft day...no matter what the deal is.

Of course, there are some scenarios where the deal is on hold until a specific player falls, but that's not the case here.

Comment

• Return of Lava
                  2-Time #1 Career Poster
                  • Jul 2003

People always overreact. I think this trade is gonna turn out to be a good one since after the first 15 or so picks, most of the players are the same, so we go get 4 picks on day1 instead of 3. Whats all this talk about now we cant get an ELITE player? LOL, we still have the #15 pick. Even if we end up trading THAT pick, we really already have our starting lineup. A rookie has nowhere to start this year except maybe WR and DT.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• broncos4ever
                    Member since 07-11-2003
                    • Jul 2003

What if we get a draft pick that we acquired in the 49er trade and we trade it to Green Bay for Javon Walker, woudn't it be worth it?
                    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

• Lelieisdaman
                      Practice Squad
                      • Sep 2004

I think that this trade was a direct trade for need. I think Shanny realised this draft a WR and TE are the 2 most important things. Shanny seems to be happy with D-LIne, as am I. This trade allows us to get Chad Jackson or Holmes, and then get Pope, or Lewis at the 37 slot (which we wouldnt be able to do at 22) here is no TE worth picking at 22, so Shanny made a move to gain an extra pick while still being able to get the TE he wanted. Everyone can't forget the Niners second pick is still very high in the draft.

^Snk16

Broncos Kick Ass

Comment

Working...
                      X