• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BF_forever
    Bench Warmer
    • Nov 2005

Javon Walker reports

Our trade was apparently to aquire Javon Walker with our 2nd now.

eastcoastsportsnews.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, eastcoastsportsnews.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
  • WABronco
    I'M driving the bandwagon
    • Mar 2005

HOT!!...The Denver Broncos may be on the verge of acquiring Packers Wr Javon Walker after trading one of their two first round picks #22 to the San Francisco 49'ers for the Niners second round pick #37 and their third round pick #38...it's believed that the second round pick the Broncos acquired from the Niners will be sent to the Packers for Javon Walker...our 04/19 column explains what we were told on Tuesday about the Broncos intentions to acquire Walker but in a different scenario...see below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot Damn Shanny! You're getting me way too excited...

Comment

• Double_L
      Practice Squad
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BF_forever
      Our trade was apparently to aquire Javon Walker with our 2nd now.[/url]
      So wait wait wait... would if he trades the second rd. pick for Walker, where does this leave Lelie? Are we sticking with him or not?

Comment

• 16TheSnake
        Special Teams
        • Apr 2006

sticking

I dont think Shannahan wanted to get rid of Lelie in the first place.

but this new trade is wonderfull!

we would get the #2/3 reciever we are looking for, and keep the #15 pick, plus adding a third round pick for which we currently have none.

with the addition of Walker there would be no gapping holes on either side of the ball (except the TE) BEFORE the draft even starts, all picks except a TE would be for depth and we can take the best available player regaurdless of position.

I love this idea.

Comment

• Archimedes Owl
          Captain
          • Aug 2005

I don't know if I like this.

I wouldn't mind giving up 61 so much, but I like this new 37. There are a lot of good tight ends and defensive tackles in the early second round. So, it would be nice to keep that pick.

On the other hand, Javon Walker would improve our offense quite a bit.
          My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
          . Post Your Artwork .
          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• WABronco
            I'M driving the bandwagon
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
            I don't know if I like this.

I wouldn't mind giving up 61 so much, but I like this new 37. There are a lot of good tight ends and defensive tackles in the early second round. So, it would be nice to keep that pick.

On the other hand, Javon Walker would improve our offense quite a bit.
            Maybe it is 61? We'll see...

Comment

• Nick
              <- Ready for the salute
              • Mar 2006

Don't jump the gun

That is a very unreliable source.....

Comment

• SoCaliBronco
                Practice Squad
                • Mar 2006

From what im reading, were keeping lelie, trading away one of the second or third rounder that we aquired from San Fran for our #22 first rounder pick. With one of the second or third rounder, we get Walker. That woulod put us one step ahead of Philly and, lol, San Francisco.

Comment

• dare2bme
                  Back to Natalie...
                  • Apr 2006

First Post

After hearing about the #22 for #37 and #68 trade I had to get a hold of some other bronco fans. After looking around here, it appears that alot of people were with me in hoping we would trade both our first rounders for 1 Vernon Davis.

However, this post about trading the #37 for Walker would be interesting. What else would we have to give for Walker? Is he worth more than a 2nd round pick?

If he is just a second rounder then it would sure be a better deal than drafting a WR in the first. There has to be a DE worth that pick, right?

Comment

• LordTrychon
                    Unleashed
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by dare2bme
                    After hearing about the #22 for #37 and #68 trade I had to get a hold of some other bronco fans. After looking around here, it appears that alot of people were with me in hoping we would trade both our first rounders for 1 Vernon Davis.

However, this post about trading the #37 for Walker would be interesting. What else would we have to give for Walker? Is he worth more than a 2nd round pick?

If he is just a second rounder then it would sure be a better deal than drafting a WR in the first. There has to be a DE worth that pick, right?
                    Rumors had it that GB wanted a 2nd for Walker... so if they deal him... that's all it'll take.

Welcome to the boards!

Comment

• deer_dance9
                      Practice Squad
                      • Mar 2005

id love to get jevon.. for the second that we got... yah it may be worth it.
                      Canadian broncos fan for life

Comment

• broncomike8
                        Practice Squad
                        • Mar 2005

very unreliable source there...you should've just started a rumor yourself! lol Until I see something like that on ESPN, NFL Network, or CBS sportsline, no way there's truth to it.

Comment

• BroncoBailey024
                          iN THe PLaYoFFS
                          • Mar 2005

That would be sweet, then we could get something else with the 15.
                          sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

• VA BroncosFan
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Apr 2006

Javon is Coming!!!!

We definitely need a "healthy" Javon Walker on our squad. He is someone that will stretch the defense and allow Rod to go across the middle and get the YAC we need.

Ashlie can be a "great" number 3 receiver, would allow him to match up against the other teams nickelback and safeties.

Lets give up the 37 overall pick for Javon.
                            Lets take Jimmy Williams from V Tech with the 15 overall pick and convert him to safety. He is a big defensive back who can learn from Lynch and take over for Ferguson by mid-year.
                            one last thing. If S.F. takes Vernon Davis with their early first rounder, we may be able to trade for Eric Johnson, who has proven when healthy is an asset.
                            Peace, I'm out.
                            sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

• Tatortot
                              Practice Squad
                              • Feb 2004

I think we have spots that need to be filled more than safety, and we should try to draft a TE after Davis instead of trading for a vet.
                              "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X