Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    No, I was serious . . . in addition to his production, of course.

-----

Top I am still confused, darn emoticons and stuff. Are you actually pro-Javon? I thought you were aganist him coming here? If so do you agree that if push comes to shove you woudl give up the early 2nd? For some reason I really thought you were in the Anti Javon camp. Attitude issue wise.

Javon Walker tore an ACL he did not have a broken leg. Just type in Javon Walker injury in any search engine and it will say the same.
    Definition of the word Fan: The term fan refers to someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking of a person, group of persons, work of art, idea, or trend.

Definition of True Broncos Fan: Homer.

Rod Smith the greatest ever
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ankz_IobV6c&feature=related[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by imh
    Javon Walker tore an ACL he did not have a broken leg. Just type in Javon Walker injury in any search engine and it will say the same.
    Yh I think they were talking about Steve Smith breaking his leg, Javon tore the ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by ydave77
    Top I am still confused, darn emoticons and stuff. Are you actually pro-Javon? I thought you were aganist him coming here? If so do you agree that if push comes to shove you woudl give up the early 2nd? For some reason I really thought you were in the Anti Javon camp. Attitude issue wise.
    Well, Javon is an improvement over Ashley in his all-around game, assuming he recovers fully.

And T.O. with all the attention he got here, makes Javon look like a choir boy.

So, yes, I am favorable to giving Javon a shot. But not for the early 2nd, and not w/o some salary concessions.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    At any rate the area of most concern with Lelie is intermediate routes and hanging on to the ball.

Well.... if Javon takes time to "get back to normal", he may not be able to run far or fast, but maybe he can do something about the intermmediate routes, and we know he has good hands.
    If he pulls off half the numbers of his previous full season he is still doing as good as Lelie.

Let me throw in a twist for all of you that dont like giving up the high two to get Walker.

Right now sitting at pick #15 we are targeting a WR which is the only thing at this position other than RB worth the pick.

Lets say we give up that second rounder to get Walker, well now we dont need to go WR at #15. This gives us the chance to trade back a couple of spots. If we trade back a couple of spots one of the RB's will still be there and we could also go elswhere and get a DE,DT or S. Those picks would not be of value at the #15 but would be a couple of picks back.

For a team to move up a couple of slots to recieve our #15 they are going to have to give us their first and second round picks. So by trading back a couple of slots we would pick that second rounder back up.

So we would end up giving up a second rounder for Walker just to pick another second rounder back up.

Walker would then only end up costing us going back a few slots in the second round. And with how deep this draft is especially in the second round thats not much.

Originally Posted by Cugel
    Have you noticed that there's been no talk about the Packers taking a 3rd round pick + Lelie for Walker or something? It appears they don't want Lelie or the Broncos haven't offered him (probably the former).

That would mean that Lelie will be stuck back at the #3 WR, where he'll have to battle it out with David Terrell for limited action.

If he knew about this proposed trade no wonder he wants out!

Somehow though, I don't see him having much trade value. Maybe a mid 3rd round pick or someting.

There's only 8 days left and there's been not even a rumor that anyone offered the Broncos ANYTHING at all for Lelie!

Maybe other teams think he's a bust. . . .

AmigoBronco:Well, who knows... a couple of years ago Deltha O'Neal was the complement to jump a few places ahead, and if I remeber correctly, the deal was made just a few days before the draft... so, who knows.
    Yeah, but you see my point. Walker wants out of Green Bay. Logically an option for the Packers would be to package Walker to Denver for Lelie plus a 3rd rounder or something.

That way, the Packers get Lelie (who could be the #2 WR behind Donald Driver) and a 3rd rounder (to make up for the fact that Walker is a #1 WR and Lelie isn't).

But, apparently they never even considered it. Conclusion: the didn't want Lelie.

Now Lelie's shopping his butt all over the NFL in hopes of working out a trade, but NOT in Green Bay (who now need an extra WR)!

That's not a good omen for Lelie's marketability.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

<- Ready for the salute

Javons value (including lelie)

I was thinking about this I believe Lelie is worth a 2nd round pick (because he is a #2 wide out)

I think walker is a 3 at most (think hes a 4 because of injury and one solid season etc.,)

so broncos and green bay should trade out

Broncos trade Lelie and 3rd round

to

GB for Walker and 2nd round

Seems fair

Quote Originally Posted by NBudris
    I was thinking about this I believe Lelie is worth a 2nd round pick (because he is a #2 wide out)

I think walker is a 3 at most (think hes a 4 because of injury and one solid season etc.,)

so broncos and green bay should trade out

Broncos trade Lelie and 3rd round

to

GB for Walker and 2nd round

Seems fair
    Wow, man I have to disagree with you there. Productio is what matters. In his last yr of play before getting hurt javon has over 80 receptions for almost 1400 yds, and 12 tds. Lelie has never come anything close to #'s like those. Walker is worth well more than Lelie unfortunately.