Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    For doubters of Javon's health, a posted a concise, comprehensive overview of the type of surgery that he had. Try to search for it (I'm cramped for time right now, I shouldn't even be on my computer). The gist of it is that assuming Walker had a successful surgery and rehab is going well, his knee will probably be stronger than it was before and recurring problems are unlikely in both short- and long-term.

To help your searches, search for the word "autograft"
    A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    1. Doesn't "spout off" against anyone.

2. Doesn't insult his teammates.

3. Fired Rosenhaus.

GO GET HIM!!

-----

I assume this is sarcasm Top. You are suggesting those are my reasons to get him. They are not, the reason to get him shoudl be evident 1392 yrds, 12 tds.

I am merely pionting out, for those (such as yourself), who think he has major character flaws, maybe he isnt as bad as some woudl believe. But I am guessing I am not gonna convert you on this one. Hopefullly you at least see it in shades of gray, and not black and white. He may not be a Warrick Dunn but he is not another TO.

I am all for getting Javon, but not at the price of the #37th pick. The 61st maybe, it's still a second rounder. But let's look at the market for a second...

Dante Cullpepper was picked up by Miami for the 51st overall pick.

Eric Moulds, a legitimate #1 receiver, he was picked up by Houston at the bargain price of the 134th overall pick.

So how does Javon Walker rank above Dante Cullpepper and Eric Moulds? If Green Bay demands a 2nd round pick, I say send them 61, not 37.
    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Have you noticed that there's been no talk about the Packers taking a 3rd round pick + Lelie for Walker or something? It appears they don't want Lelie or the Broncos haven't offered him (probably the former).

That would mean that Lelie will be stuck back at the #3 WR, where he'll have to battle it out with David Terrell for limited action.

If he knew about this proposed trade no wonder he wants out!

Somehow though, I don't see him having much trade value. Maybe a mid 3rd round pick or someting.

There's only 8 days left and there's been not even a rumor that anyone offered the Broncos ANYTHING at all for Lelie!

Maybe other teams think he's a bust. . . .
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    Have you noticed that there's been no talk about the Packers taking a 3rd round pick + Lelie for Walker or something? It appears they don't want Lelie or the Broncos haven't offered him (probably the former).

That would mean that Lelie will be stuck back at the #3 WR, where he'll have to battle it out with David Terrell for limited action.

If he knew about this proposed trade no wonder he wants out!

Somehow though, I don't see him having much trade value. Maybe a mid 3rd round pick or someting.

There's only 8 days left and there's been not even a rumor that anyone offered the Broncos ANYTHING at all for Lelie!

Well, who knows... a couple of years ago Deltha O'Neal was the complement to jump a few places ahead, and if I remeber correctly, the deal was made just a few days before the draft... so, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsOwnU
    I am all for getting Javon, but not at the price of the #37th pick. The 61st maybe, it's still a second rounder. But let's look at the market for a second...

Dante Cullpepper was picked up by Miami for the 51st overall pick.

Eric Moulds, a legitimate #1 receiver, he was picked up by Houston at the bargain price of the 134th overall pick.

So how does Javon Walker rank above Dante Cullpepper and Eric Moulds? If Green Bay demands a 2nd round pick, I say send them 61, not 37.
    For what it is worth, I agree about sending the 61 instead. Unfortunately, if the Eagles are offering their 2nd like rumoured, then we have to beat it if we want him.

To answer your questions:

I really felt that the Vikings were the worst team in football last year when Culpepper was healthy and running the offense. They didn't get good until Brad Johnson, of all people, became the starter. I think other teams saw what I saw.

Eric Moulds is just old, that's all. You don't pay a 2nd or 3rd for a player that is years beyond his prime.

Javon is still young and has better years in front of him. My worry is whether he can be effective in his first year after the injury. It usually takes two years to fully recover from an ACL. Anyway, I am sure that if Shanny thinks Walker is worth a high number 2, then we get him. If not, then keep Lelie and hope for a good draft.

"I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

I would be willing to part with 37 to get Javon Walker.

It's just that I'd prefer not to. 61 or 68 is a whole different matter, but I see a lot of value in 37, so I'd prefer if we could get him for one of the latter picks.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo_Bronco
    Well, who knows... a couple of years ago Deltha O'Neal was the complement to jump a few places ahead, and if I remeber correctly, the deal was made just a few days before the draft... so, who knows.
    This is true... Deltha who held no value to us whatsoever, was used effectively in trading up in the 1st round... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

A lackluster WR crop in this draft and very few F/A's worth a crap may also help boost his value a bit... should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel

I only read today that the Broncos have given Lelie permission to seek a trade, thus the reason no rumors on him.

I don't think teams think Lelie is a bust, just one demensional. They have to decide how much value a "one-trick pony" is. By the way, in this draft I would take a mid 3rd for him. If chosen wisely, you can get a good player.
    "I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

i think the 37 is too high. its not like javon is a happy guy over in green bay and we are trying to wrench him out of their dying grip.

if lelie is going to be moved, i would consider lelie and 61 for walker and the green bay 3rd a pretty even trade (although i dont like the idea of sweetening the pot to take another teams distraction).
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by ydave77
    I assume this is sarcasm Top. You are suggesting those are my reasons to get him. They are not, the reason to get him shoudl be evident 1392 yrds, 12 tds.

I am merely pionting out, for those (such as yourself), who think he has major character flaws, maybe he isnt as bad as some woudl believe. But I am guessing I am not gonna convert you on this one. Hopefullly you at least see it in shades of gray, and not black and white. He may not be a Warrick Dunn but he is not another TO.
    No, I was serious . . . in addition to his production, of course.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    looks like you're on top of it! awesome post man, i owe ya a CP as soon as i have some more. . . .

and no, the post wasn't too long, there's nothing wrong with providing as much info as possible to make an accurate analysis, and i think you pretty much covered the bases. . . it's always nice to read objective, well thought-out posts instead of "ashley sux, we nede javon" or some meaningless junk like that. . .

Hey Dogfish I appreciate it coming from you. I really look enjoy reading your posts. Most of the time I agree with what your saying. And if i dont, by the end of I definitely see the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56
    check the sig

nah, he had a broken leg-- totally different from a torn ACL. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    nah, he had a broken leg-- totally different from a torn ACL. . .
    ...oh...
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

Hell Yeah I would take Javon Walker over Chad Jackson. Trade Lelie and a 4th and keep the #15 pick and 2nd and 3rd to draft up to Get VD as well. I think the Packers and Broncos could make this deal. It would make sense for both sides.