Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is this plummers final year in denver?

let me say 1st off that i really like plummer and believe he can lead us well next year.

i was very happy with the jay cutler pick, i said before the draft that i believed he was the best out of the 3 although i was surprised we picked him up after starting at #15 - GREAT deal!!!!!

with the money and high pick invested in him and with his potential combined with plummers age and the fact that he is guaranteed NO money AFTER this season i am convinced that cutler will be the back-up this year and plummer will be gone after this season.

i also believe there will be no QB controversy as plummer is the starter and cutler will learn for a year.

cutler could be our QB for the next 15 years

anyone see it differently?
    Last edited by bronx_2003; 04-30-2006 at 04:08 PM.

plummer will start this year and possibly next year but cutler might be like Palmer and start his second year

only games cutler will start this year is if we suck he could start the last 2 games if we are out of playoff contention or maybe the last game if we have the playoffs secured

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003
    let me say 1st off that i really like plummer and believe he can lead us well next year.

i was very happy with the jay cutler pick, i said before the draft that i believed he was the best out of the 3 although i was surprised we picked him up after starting at #15 - GREAT deal!!!!!

with the money and high pick invested in him and with his potential combined with plummers age and the fact that he is guaranteed NO money AFTER this season i am convinced that cutler will be the back-up this year and plummer will be gone after this season.

i also believe there will be no QB controversy as plummer is the starter and cutler will learn for a year.

Too bad your 'dream draft' didn't come true.

We did alright, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by boltzpride619 View Post
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign View Post
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

I dont care much for Cutler, but dont you think that saying he could be our QB for the next 15 years is jumping the gun just a wee bit? C'mon man!
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign
    Too bad your 'dream draft' didn't come true.

We did alright, though.
    lol, i REALLY wanted vernon davis at the start of the draft but i had lost a little enthusiasm towards williams (although i think he will still be good)

at least my 'draft nightmare' did'nt come true - VY and lendale were 2 i was happy to avoid.

i have liked this cutler guy for sometime but could not see us drafting a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    I dont care much for Cutler, but dont you think that saying he could be our QB for the next 15 years is jumping the gun just a wee bit? C'mon man!
    we have drafted him with that intention. i think he will do well with us, if he does then he is our QB of the future.

i think alot of you will see how good this man can be.

Is this plummers final year in denver?

We can only hope so...
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Well if he leads us to the SuperBowl he'll still be the starter. If he fails to lead us to the SuperBowl his starting position will be up for competion.

I'll take the SuperBowl with Jake leading us this year.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    Ron Jaworski or another ESPN analyst said he saw every throw Cutler made and he believes Jay is the real deal.

He probably won't start next year, but he should the year after like Carson.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Wait until he's ready!

Personally, I'm really hoping that Cutler will learn and mature behind Jake (without picking up his bad habits) for a season or two. Then, Plummer will step down as the starter in favor of Jay and assume the role of backup veteran (something we haven't had since Steve Beuerlein retired).

I don't want Cutler being thrown in the fire before he's ready only to be quickly labeled a "bust" if he isn't successful right away. I really hope we Denver fans give this guy a chance to be Jay Cutler and not expect an instant John Elway!

Cutler will be backup for at least 2 years and I bet it's more like 3.

slowly but surely Shannahan is losing patientice with Plummer, Cutler will be a good quarterback in Denver it's just gonna take him a few years

I remember hearing an Elway interview, and in it he said that he really wished he had 2 years just to learn the system, and not be thrust into the starting role. Hopefully, this is the path Jay takes.
    DARRENT WILLIAMS
    1982-2007

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

let's hope they dont rush Cutler along

We just gave Jake a $6 million bonus last year. If we cut him after this year, we will take something like a $3 million dollar hit on the salary cap, maybe more.

I figure Jake starts at least two more years, unless Cutler is VERY, VERY impressive and Mike is convinced we have a better chance of winning with Jay than Jake. I don't see them starting jay because of pressure, or because of Jay's contract.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt