Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lelie more unhappy after draft:

Claims he wants out or will sit out! I am really over his attitude, Smith will be gone soon and it will be he and Walker to compete for #1 possibly as soon as next year. Could be a huge weapon as no.3 and if he is as good as he thinks he is, should carve up his coverage, raising his stock if he still wishes to leave at year's end.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...663949,00.html

Ok, sit on the bench. It's all up to you.

Genius

Yeh he's brilliant all right. Sitting out for most of the season and then the bench for the rest of the season will do him a lot of good.

How can he possibly think he's number one. When exactly has he performed at the consistent level of Rod Smith? To be the man you gotta beat the man. Ashley if you wanna be number one get off your a$$ and get to Dove Valley and win the job. For god's sake Rod is 78 years old. Ya think you can keep up with his wheelchair?

Smith needs to talk to this kid! Sounds like he wants to be no. 1, but the coaches don't think he'll ever be one. I don't know who's right or wrong here.

I don't know if the situation is about who is right or wrong to be honest.

The best way for Lelie to make his point is to get to Denver, work harder than he has before, and then take both Smith and Walker's job away from them.
    Spouting his mouth off and sitting on the bench will get him nowhere, this year or next.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco9
    Claims he wants out or will sit out! I am really over his attitude, Smith will be gone soon and it will be he and Walker to compete for #1 possibly as soon as next year. Could be a huge weapon as no.3 and if he is as good as he thinks he is, should carve up his coverage, raising his stock if he still wishes to leave at year's end.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...663949,00.html
    someone tell me why we didnt just take a 3rd rounder for him?? we got offers...

is there anyway he can be traded for a player still???

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco9
    I don't know if the situation is about who is right or wrong to be honest.

The best way for Lelie to make his point is to get to Denver, work harder than he has before, and then take both Smith and Walker's job away from them.
    Spouting his mouth off and sitting on the bench will get him nowhere, this year or next.
    exactlly...and he doesnt realize that rod only has 1-2 more good years left....

its not lelies fault

we virtually give smith the number 1 spot and will probably give walker the number 2 spot

we should do it fairly

Performance in Competition

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    its not lelies fault

we virtually give smith the number 1 spot and will probably give walker the number 2 spot

we should do it fairly
    The Broncos have always done things "fairly"! He has to WIN the job. Catching some nice deep balls and making a few plays isn't good enough. No matter how much you like Lelie (and I know alot of you have Lelie colored glasses on) you have to admit that you didn't want him to get the ball on 3rd down. It has been too easy for DB's to swat his hands away, he can't get off the line against the jam and he gave up on too many throws.

Yes, he has a TON of potential, but he hasn't proven it on the field. NO, his stats don't show enough to warrant being the 19th overall pick.

However, he still has this year to prove himself. Let's see if he can prove all his critics (me included) wrong!

Ashley can "kiss off"... He has the attitude of a quitter and this is shown A) In his inability to get open after being "chucked" at the line, a winner would fight to get open, he folds, and B) In his comments in that article...

What a crock...

"I don't believe I'm a third wideout. I can't believe that. I'm not going to believe that until I physically prove that on the field evenly and fairly on the field," said Lelie, who Sunday made his first public comments of the off-season. "But now I don't have that chance here."

"He's got all this money up front and got a big contract, and you really think they gave him all that just to put him on the bench?" Lelie said.

"I'm the No. 3 receiver, no matter what they say about coming in to compete," he said.

Goodbye quitter...

All I can say to Ashley is that he better come into training camp to compete and stop crying about who got the better contract. Jevon Walker may have gotten the contract, but he's not gonna be #2 unless you let him. Come in to training camp, outrun, outcatch, and outlast the competition in order to survive this business. I believe you can be better than Jevon if you keep your emotions in check. Jevon had a great season 2 seasons ago, but his injury may still be a liability, he still has to prove that he can play during training camp. Get your act together and play the damn game.

I find myself disliking Ashley more and more each day.

And I was a big fan of his there for a while.

Shut the hell up and stop acting like a crybaby.

I just had a further thought on the matter (this situation is really frustrating me), HE WOULD BE COMPETING AGAINST A GUY WHO IS 35 YEARS OLD AND ANOTHER GUY WHO HASN'T EVEN BEEN ABLE TO RUN FOR 8 MONTHS. If there was ever a time to stick around and get the job done it is surely now? Lelie does have all the potential in the world, but needs to show it rather than say it.

Well I support Asley's decision. I understand his statements.

Good for you Ashley. You probably won't ever play for the Broncos again, but I your efforts to compete fairly on the field. Ashley you are a winner with a winners attitude. Best wishes to you as you will be playing for another team.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    Ashley can "kiss off"... He has the attitude of a quitter and this is shown A) In his inability to get open after being "chucked" at the line, a winner would fight to get open, he folds, and B) In his comments in that article...

What a crock...

"I don't believe I'm a third wideout. I can't believe that. I'm not going to believe that until I physically prove that on the field evenly and fairly on the field," said Lelie, who Sunday made his first public comments of the off-season. "But now I don't have that chance here."

"He's got all this money up front and got a big contract, and you really think they gave him all that just to put him on the bench?" Lelie said.

"I'm the No. 3 receiver, no matter what they say about coming in to compete," he said.

Goodbye quitter...
    My thought all along has been that Lelie and Shanahan needed to meet face-to-face to resolve this. I'm not sure why that didn't happen..... I blame them both.

Lelie should be training with the team...... but who blames Lelie for being upset for the Broncos turning down an offer of a 3rd round pick in a trade?? As Lelie said, isn't a 3rd rd. pick fair compensation for a #3 WR??

IMO, insisting on a 2nd rd. pick is OK to START trade negotiations (much like GB asked for a 1st rd. pick or multiple picks for Walker)..... but this entire situation could have..... and SHOULD have been avoided by trading Lelie for a 3rd round pick.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007