Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 113
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoballa2684
    noo we should keep ash now....how many teams are gonna be able to match up with rod, javon and ash??? i dont see to many teams stoping all 3 of them.....so why would we trade ash??
    Because it looks like he is threatening to sit out until week 10.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I have No Idea, Do You?
    Posts
    4,865
    The Saints wanted Walker, maybe they would take Ash , they now have too many runners on their team, i say trade Ash for Michael Bennett, the saints got him from the vikes to backup Mcalister, but this was before they knew they would get Bush.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    8,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Grover
    Trade Lelie to the KC Chiefs for their 3rd round pick in next year's draft.

    The Chiefs get a potentially good receiver and don't give up anything until next year. Lelie's stock is dropping fast so next year's third seems like an OK trade.

    Plus, we get to see what Ferguson/Lynch/Wilson do to the crybaby twice a year. And we all thought Quitterson had it rough!

    I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to give us a third, let alone our bitter rivals.

    :wave:

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,488
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- Although Jones has resurrected his career the past two seasons at ChiTown,
    --- We do not need another little back, besides
    --- Jones is not durable --- he is injury prone ---




    --- I would like to pick up a 6'7", 300 lb. knuckle draggin' snot blowin' bull rusher with a 4.2 sec 40 ---

    ---

    .
    You rang?

    -----

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    260
    Lelie's value is so low
    he seems to think he is a number 1 receiver
    but they couldn't even get a 2nd round pick for him during the draft

    I suggest we trade him for a Bag of Doritos and a Six pack...

    Give them to Lelie as a leaving gift

    so he can sit home and eat them while watching the Broncos win the next Super Bowl


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14

    Leave Michael In No!!!!1

    Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman
    The Saints wanted Walker, maybe they would take Ash , they now have too many runners on their team, i say trade Ash for Michael Bennett, the saints got him from the vikes to backup Mcalister, but this was before they knew they would get Bush.
    may i remind you that Michael Bennett hasn't have a 1,000 yeard season since 2002 and he's been injury almost every year. The Saints would get the better end of the deal than Denver.


    Denver should trade Lelie for a TE that way Jake has a extra tagret. Not that i'm saying that tony scheffler is a bad pick but a little more older TE would do.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by RonDayne33
    may i remind you that Michael Bennett hasn't have a 1,000 yeard season since 2002 and he's been injury almost every year. The Saints would get the better end of the deal than Denver.


    Denver should trade Lelie for a TE that way Jake has a extra tagret. Not that i'm saying that tony scheffler is a bad pick but a little more older TE would do.
    Oh damn! That's right! They just signed Michael Bennet this offseason. That sucks...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,488
    Quote Originally Posted by thehighlander
    Lelie's value is so low
    he seems to think he is a number 1 receiver
    but they couldn't even get a 2nd round pick for him during the draft

    I suggest we trade him for a Bag of Doritos and a Six pack...

    Give them to Lelie as a leaving gift

    so he can sit home and eat them while watching the Broncos win the next Super Bowl

    That's just it.

    Ashley ought to get the message that he is the only one in existence who presently views him as a #1. Else, teams would be drooling and dangling their #2's in front of the Broncos. It hasn't happened.

    Now, come back to work, Ashley, and learn from Heimerdinger how to be a complete receiver.

    -----

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman
    The Saints wanted Walker, maybe they would take Ash , they now have too many runners on their team, i say trade Ash for Michael Bennett, the saints got him from the vikes to backup Mcalister, but this was before they knew they would get Bush.
    seems like a good idea..... but bennett is injury man..... i say mcalister.. ash and next years second for mcalister.
    Canadian broncos fan for life

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    That's just it.

    Ashley ought to get the message that he is the only one in existence who presently views him as a #1. Else, teams would be drooling and dangling their #2's in front of the Broncos. It hasn't happened.

    Now, come back to work, Ashley, and learn from Heimerdinger how to be a complete receiver.

    -----
    He's not going to do that. He's pissed Denver didn't trade him for a #3 and frankly I think he's right!

    What was Shanahan thinking? Obviously, that was the best they were going to get for him and next year he walks for nothing! I thought nobody offered a first day pick for Lelie. I didn't know that Shanahan had rejected a 3rd rounder for him! That would have been a great pick considering how many excellent players were still on the board in the third round! And Lelie isn't going to do anything for the Broncos ever again!

    I don't think he'll emerge as a #1 WR anywhere but he certainly isn't going to become MORE valuable to teams by sitting out!

    Right now I'd say his trade value is virtually nil. The draft has just happened so any team that needed a WR probably drafted one and their rosters are set.

    There will be some movement in FA after the June cuts, but any team interested at all in Lelie (and there are probably not more than 2 or 3 teams in the league right now that want to sign him) can simply wait until June and see if the Broncos cut him loose.

    Then if any of them desparately need a #2 WR they can just try and pick him up for a 5th rounder next year later in camp.

    Meanwhile Lelie is going to take a pay cut to sign with anyone! He wants a legitimate chance at being #1? Not if he's traded he won't! Nobody is going to give him that right now. Period.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    724

    4th round at best

    If anybody thinks we are getting better than a fourth round pick for Lelie they are smokin. Who gives up a second rounder for a 3 WR. He is over estimating his own value.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by ballen
    If anybody thinks we are getting better than a fourth round pick for Lelie they are smokin. Who gives up a second rounder for a 3 WR. He is over estimating his own value.
    I'd still take that in a heartbeat...

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,720
    Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    I'd still take that in a heartbeat...
    I'd take anything that gets him off the team in a heartbeat.

    I used to love Lelie too, he's such a damn fool for doing this.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    He's not going to do that. He's pissed Denver didn't trade him for a #3 and frankly I think he's right!

    What was Shanahan thinking? Obviously, that was the best they were going to get for him and next year he walks for nothing! I thought nobody offered a first day pick for Lelie. I didn't know that Shanahan had rejected a 3rd rounder for him! That would have been a great pick considering how many excellent players were still on the board in the third round! And Lelie isn't going to do anything for the Broncos ever again!

    I don't think he'll emerge as a #1 WR anywhere but he certainly isn't going to become MORE valuable to teams by sitting out!

    Right now I'd say his trade value is virtually nil. The draft has just happened so any team that needed a WR probably drafted one and their rosters are set.

    There will be some movement in FA after the June cuts, but any team interested at all in Lelie (and there are probably not more than 2 or 3 teams in the league right now that want to sign him) can simply wait until June and see if the Broncos cut him loose.

    Then if any of them desparately need a #2 WR they can just try and pick him up for a 5th rounder next year later in camp.

    Meanwhile Lelie is going to take a pay cut to sign with anyone! He wants a legitimate chance at being #1? Not if he's traded he won't! Nobody is going to give him that right now. Period.
    Well, I see no reason to disagree with you, Cug.

    It was a king-sized gaff . . .

    -----

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I have No Idea, Do You?
    Posts
    4,865
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_dance9
    seems like a good idea..... but bennett is injury man..... i say mcalister.. ash and next years second for mcalister.
    No way they trade Mcalister for ASH, you will have to settle for a backup player, Bennett is injury prone as a starter, but he wouldnt start here, he would be depth , he is a fast back like Bell, but he would just be in there to give dayne and bell some rest.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •