• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BroncoStampede
    Ring of Famer
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Broncoballa2684
    noo we should keep ash now....how many teams are gonna be able to match up with rod, javon and ash??? i dont see to many teams stoping all 3 of them.....so why would we trade ash??
    Because it looks like he is threatening to sit out until week 10.

Comment

• theshiverman
      Starter
      • Feb 2004

The Saints wanted Walker, maybe they would take Ash , they now have too many runners on their team, i say trade Ash for Michael Bennett, the saints got him from the vikes to backup Mcalister, but this was before they knew they would get Bush.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• The Dark Knight
        aka Bronco Benny - /^v^\
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Grover
        Trade Lelie to the KC Chiefs for their 3rd round pick in next year's draft.

The Chiefs get a potentially good receiver and don't give up anything until next year. Lelie's stock is dropping fast so next year's third seems like an OK trade.

Plus, we get to see what Ferguson/Lynch/Wilson do to the crybaby twice a year. And we all thought Quitterson had it rough!

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to give us a third, let alone our bitter rivals.

:wave:

Comment

• topscribe
          RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
          --- Although Jones has resurrected his career the past two seasons at ChiTown,
          --- We do not need another little back, besides
          --- Jones is not durable --- he is injury prone ---

--- I would like to pick up a 6'7", 300 lb. knuckle draggin' snot blowin' bull rusher with a 4.2 sec 40 ---

---

You rang?

-----

Comment

• thehighlander
            Banned User
            • Apr 2006

Lelie's value is so low
            he seems to think he is a number 1 receiver
            but they couldn't even get a 2nd round pick for him during the draft

I suggest we trade him for a Bag of Doritos and a Six pack...

Give them to Lelie as a leaving gift

so he can sit home and eat them while watching the Broncos win the next Super Bowl

Comment

• RonDayne33
              Practice Squad
              • Apr 2006

Leave Michael In No!!!!1

Originally posted by theshiverman
              The Saints wanted Walker, maybe they would take Ash , they now have too many runners on their team, i say trade Ash for Michael Bennett, the saints got him from the vikes to backup Mcalister, but this was before they knew they would get Bush.
              may i remind you that Michael Bennett hasn't have a 1,000 yeard season since 2002 and he's been injury almost every year. The Saints would get the better end of the deal than Denver.

Denver should trade Lelie for a TE that way Jake has a extra tagret. Not that i'm saying that tony scheffler is a bad pick but a little more older TE would do.

BRING IT HOME AGAIN!!

GO BUCKY GO !!!!

Comment

• WABronco
                I'M driving the bandwagon
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RonDayne33
                may i remind you that Michael Bennett hasn't have a 1,000 yeard season since 2002 and he's been injury almost every year. The Saints would get the better end of the deal than Denver.

Denver should trade Lelie for a TE that way Jake has a extra tagret. Not that i'm saying that tony scheffler is a bad pick but a little more older TE would do.
                Oh damn! That's right! They just signed Michael Bennet this offseason. That sucks...

Comment

• topscribe
                  RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by thehighlander
                  Lelie's value is so low
                  he seems to think he is a number 1 receiver
                  but they couldn't even get a 2nd round pick for him during the draft

I suggest we trade him for a Bag of Doritos and a Six pack...

Give them to Lelie as a leaving gift

so he can sit home and eat them while watching the Broncos win the next Super Bowl

That's just it.

Ashley ought to get the message that he is the only one in existence who presently views him as a #1. Else, teams would be drooling and dangling their #2's in front of the Broncos. It hasn't happened.

Now, come back to work, Ashley, and learn from Heimerdinger how to be a complete receiver.

-----

Comment

• deer_dance9
                    Practice Squad
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by theshiverman
                    seems like a good idea..... but bennett is injury man..... i say mcalister.. ash and next years second for mcalister.
                    Canadian broncos fan for life

Comment

• Cugel
                      Rantosaurus Rex!
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by topscribe
                      That's just it.

Ashley ought to get the message that he is the only one in existence who presently views him as a #1. Else, teams would be drooling and dangling their #2's in front of the Broncos. It hasn't happened.

Now, come back to work, Ashley, and learn from Heimerdinger how to be a complete receiver.

-----
                      He's not going to do that. He's pissed Denver didn't trade him for a #3 and frankly I think he's right!

What was Shanahan thinking? Obviously, that was the best they were going to get for him and next year he walks for nothing! I thought nobody offered a first day pick for Lelie. I didn't know that Shanahan had rejected a 3rd rounder for him! That would have been a great pick considering how many excellent players were still on the board in the third round! And Lelie isn't going to do anything for the Broncos ever again!

I don't think he'll emerge as a #1 WR anywhere but he certainly isn't going to become MORE valuable to teams by sitting out!

Right now I'd say his trade value is virtually nil. The draft has just happened so any team that needed a WR probably drafted one and their rosters are set.

There will be some movement in FA after the June cuts, but any team interested at all in Lelie (and there are probably not more than 2 or 3 teams in the league right now that want to sign him) can simply wait until June and see if the Broncos cut him loose.

Then if any of them desparately need a #2 WR they can just try and pick him up for a 5th rounder next year later in camp.

Meanwhile Lelie is going to take a pay cut to sign with anyone! He wants a legitimate chance at being #1? Not if he's traded he won't! Nobody is going to give him that right now. Period.
                      sigpic

Comment

• ballen
                        Practice Squad
                        • Mar 2006

4th round at best

If anybody thinks we are getting better than a fourth round pick for Lelie they are smokin. Who gives up a second rounder for a 3 WR. He is over estimating his own value.

Comment

• WABronco
                          I'M driving the bandwagon
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ballen
                          If anybody thinks we are getting better than a fourth round pick for Lelie they are smokin. Who gives up a second rounder for a 3 WR. He is over estimating his own value.
                          I'd still take that in a heartbeat...

Comment

• ReleaseTheBeast7
                            Franchise Moreno
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by WABronco
                            I'd still take that in a heartbeat...
                            I'd take anything that gets him off the team in a heartbeat.

I used to love Lelie too, he's such a damn fool for doing this.
                            sigpic

Comment

• topscribe
                              RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Cugel
                              He's not going to do that. He's pissed Denver didn't trade him for a #3 and frankly I think he's right!

What was Shanahan thinking? Obviously, that was the best they were going to get for him and next year he walks for nothing! I thought nobody offered a first day pick for Lelie. I didn't know that Shanahan had rejected a 3rd rounder for him! That would have been a great pick considering how many excellent players were still on the board in the third round! And Lelie isn't going to do anything for the Broncos ever again!

I don't think he'll emerge as a #1 WR anywhere but he certainly isn't going to become MORE valuable to teams by sitting out!

Right now I'd say his trade value is virtually nil. The draft has just happened so any team that needed a WR probably drafted one and their rosters are set.

There will be some movement in FA after the June cuts, but any team interested at all in Lelie (and there are probably not more than 2 or 3 teams in the league right now that want to sign him) can simply wait until June and see if the Broncos cut him loose.

Then if any of them desparately need a #2 WR they can just try and pick him up for a 5th rounder next year later in camp.

Meanwhile Lelie is going to take a pay cut to sign with anyone! He wants a legitimate chance at being #1? Not if he's traded he won't! Nobody is going to give him that right now. Period.
                              Well, I see no reason to disagree with you, Cug.

It was a king-sized gaff . . .

-----

Comment

• theshiverman
                                Starter
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by deer_dance9
                                seems like a good idea..... but bennett is injury man..... i say mcalister.. ash and next years second for mcalister.
                                No way they trade Mcalister for ASH, you will have to settle for a backup player, Bennett is injury prone as a starter, but he wouldnt start here, he would be depth , he is a fast back like Bell, but he would just be in there to give dayne and bell some rest.
                                "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X