Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 113
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    THE BO (Boulder) Colorado
    Posts
    821
    I don't see why everyone is hating on Ash I think his beef with the FO is justifiable. He is trying to do his best and wants to prove he can be better but instead we are interested in every WR that becomes available. It seems like they didn't like him before he didn't like them. And I don't think he really believes he can be a #1 but he is a FA next year and with Denver bringing in new guys, his production will drop, therefore his new contract next year will not be what it would have been two years ago.

    And it's not all Leile's fault for his lack of production, a great deal of it is the system and the quarterback, Plummer's arm isn't capable of maximizing in fact not even getting close to utilizing Leile's potential and assets he brings to the team.

    For that reason though I hope he stays because with Cutler at the helms his arm is strong enough and he is accurate enough to make Leile once again a great receiver, and with him and Walker together in the future that would be a great tandem and they would compliment him very well.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Twin Falls, ID
    Posts
    182
    Perhaps your right dub, but he is the one bringing the house down on top of himself. If you want to get better, you get in there and do what it takes to get better. Sure Hermdinger might help him improve, but this guy isn't seeing it for what it's worth.

    The guy needs to pull his head out of his backside, and buckle down and learn the skills necessary to make himself into a complete wide reciever. He hasn't, and he wants to be the #1 WR, when he hasn't earned it. That's why he is drawing about as much interest as a warm bucket of spit. He isn't offering that much in the skills department to justify a team wanting to make him their #1. He doesn't see it, and is making a complete fool of himself in the process.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Parker, Colorado!!
    Posts
    3,088
    Do what everybody else does when they want to get rid of a crying baby. Put him in a basket, leave him on some unsuspecting team's doorstep, ring the bell and run!
    I bleed orange and blue!!!


    Rest in peace, Darrent.

    I adopted Domenik Hixon!!


  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,018
    Mark Bradley, Chicago
    Ronald Curry, Oakland - If he can stay healthy.
    Kevin Curtis, St. Louis
    Chris Henry, Cincinnati


    Rocky Bernard had a good year last year, wouldn't mind having him.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AH I CANT TELL YOU GUYS
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Invesco
    Mark Bradley, Chicago
    Ronald Curry, Oakland - If he can stay healthy.
    Kevin Curtis, St. Louis
    Chris Henry, Cincinnati


    Rocky Bernard had a good year last year, wouldn't mind having him.
    Rocky Bernard would be great. But I highly doubt Seattle will trade him, especially with the number of WRs they have already
    [IMG]http://espndeportes-akamai.espn.go.com/2003/photos2007/1029/a_denygnb_gal.jpg[/IMG]
    B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

    Mock Draft:
    [COLOR="Red"]
    **If Ellis/Dorsey fall**[/COLOR]
    1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
    2) Devin Thomas
    4) Frank Okam
    4) Beau Bell
    [COLOR="Red"]
    **If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**[/COLOR]
    1) Desean Jackson
    2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
    4) Frank Okam
    4) Beau Bell

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    victoria, bc
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    I'd take anything that gets him off the team in a heartbeat.

    I used to love Lelie too, he's such a damn fool for doing this.

    says the guy with javon in his avatar and his sig.


    obviously lelie is overestimating his appeal around the league. the best thing he can do for himself and his career is to get his butt to dove valley and earn some playing time. shanny has shown time and time again that he plays the guy he feels gives the team the best chance to win, not the guy with the biggest contract. hopefully ash realizes this and gets in here and makes shanny's decision a tough one.

    but i have a real problem with people who are slobbering all over javon's nutz, and then bash lelie. lets see, javon holds out of camp wanting more $$$, doesnt get it so he comes back and gets hurt (hmmm, wonder if missing camp had anything to do with him getting hurt). then he throws a hissy fit and threatens to retire rather than play for green bay again. but the pack do the right thing for their team and move him for a high pick, and everyone here loves him now that he is in orange and blue.

    ashley on the other hand, never says anything about wanting more money. only recently has he brought up a possible hold-out. all ash has said from the git-go, is that if he is not in the broncos long-term plans as anything more than a guy who runs down the field, then to move him to somewhere where he will be a bigger piece of the offense. considering that all off-season there have been rumours about TO, and javon and chad jackson etc, etc, i can see where ashley is coming from.

    yes, i agree that ashley is making a mistake with his current direction. he needs to get back in here and work his butt off and show what he can do. but i find this double standard regarding javon and ashley pretty pathetic. especially when i consiser that javons troubles started over cash money, while ashley's are coming from ambition to fulfill his potential.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


    "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ





  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Highlands Ranch
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    Let's here those trade ideas!

    Of course, there's the receiver-for-receiver swaps. Say Lelie for Charles Rogers or Lelie for Donte Stallworth.

    Or, how 'bout Lelie for Daniel Graham...New England's TE? Ben Watson is going to be an elite TE in this league, and Graham is in his walk year. He'd be a better piece than Stephen Alexander, no?

    Or, trade him to the 'Niners for Kevan Barlow.

    Or, trade him to Chicago for Alfonso Boone or Michael Haynes.

    Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Well you gotta look at the way Lelie plays football to determine his worth. In my oppinion he is not that great of a receiver and the reason is, 1) he can't consistantly catch a pass in traffic (over the middle) 2) he is bearly a deep threat. To make a long story short, he believes that he is the number 1 WR, however if that was the case then he would be in that position rather than Rod. The facts are he's not a #1 WR and now that we've aquired Walker he'll be battling for the number 3 position. His attitude so far with not showing up to workouts and voicing his oppinions about talks with T.O. to Mike, just show that he is not really trying to be a team player. That alone would bring his stocks down. I think that at best we might be able to get a third round pick or maybe a project DT, but I wouldn't expect anything big. Remember also this is his contract year so therefore teams might want to pass on him to see if he performs well enough this year to even earn another NFL contract.
    [I][B][SIZE=6][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Georgia]No matter what... Here's to [U]ALL[/U] BRONCOS FANS! [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Highlands Ranch
    Posts
    80
    There is no way in my oppinion NE would ever agree to a trade that involved Lelie and D. Graham just because of the caliber of players the two are.
    [I][B][SIZE=6][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Georgia]No matter what... Here's to [U]ALL[/U] BRONCOS FANS! [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    far away from you
    Posts
    1,665
    I like the Lelie/Kevan Barlow trade.
    I like trading Lelie for a conditional draft pick.
    Good ideas right there.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatb82
    There is no way in my oppinion NE would ever agree to a trade that involved Lelie and D. Graham just because of the caliber of players the two are.
    They're both in their walk years. I suppose Belichick might want to keep Graham for another year so he can develop David Thomas. They like 2 TE sets anyways...

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    far away from you
    Posts
    1,665
    maybe we can trade him to Cincy for Chris Henry

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Invesco
    Mark Bradley, Chicago
    Ronald Curry, Oakland - If he can stay healthy.
    Kevin Curtis, St. Louis
    Chris Henry, Cincinnati


    Rocky Bernard had a good year last year, wouldn't mind having him.
    Lol. He just signed a brank-spankin' new deal in Seattle.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    THE BO (Boulder) Colorado
    Posts
    821
    Another thing to note on Leile:

    Last off season he was the one busting his butt to get better, he was working hard on the parts of his game that needed refining and was putting in the extra effort to get better, where did that get him? absolutely nowhere.

    Look I don't even like Leile, I never really did but I think everyone is busting his balls unfairly.

    As an aspiring agent I guess I can see where he is coming from easier and if I was his agent I would probably be looking for a way to get him moved, because he didn't get enough balls thrown to him as a no.2 last year, how many do you think he'll get as a no.3? and if his production is dropping so is his value on the open market next off-season.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    lets see, javon holds out of camp wanting more $$$, doesnt get it so he comes back and gets hurt (hmmm, wonder if missing camp had anything to do with him getting hurt)
    Since when does an ACL injury have anything to do with missing camp.

    Now if it was a cronic hamstring you might have a point,but come on knees get torn up all the time by guys who show up to camp.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Trade Lelie to Tampa for Booger McFarland!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •