Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 113
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60

    Ashley needs to re-consider

    The fox sports website quotes Bellicheck as saying he'd never give a star like Graham up for Lelie.

    Not to dig on Jake, but Shannahan's game plan last season was "Jake, just don't blow it" Plummer wasn't to take the risky passes and that directly cut into Lelie's production.

    With Cutler in the wings, either QB has a huge incentive to perform better which should increase WR production. We all hope Rod Smith could play another eight years, but the reality is that the #1 WR job is likely to change hands in a year or two.

    Lelie has all the physical talent to be a #1. With improved QB play and enough talent at WR, Denver could have an unstoppable offense. Talent alone does not get you very far though. To be an effective weapon in the NFL, one must also put in the physical work, film/mental homework, and practice.

    If Lelie was willing to put in the time and effort, Denver could have the type of offense it had with Rod, EdMac, and Shannon or several others like Raiders at Gannon's prime, STL at Warner's prime, or Colts of today. Lelie could play the part that pushes this team into the special category.

    Shannahan hasn't motivated many players well and probably blew it with the way he handled Lelie. If Lelie could be convinced that now is his chance to prove he is #1 quality WR and earn the big bucks for years to come. Otherwise, he could end up a kennison at best.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyrow
    The fox sports website quotes Bellicheck as saying he'd never give a star like Graham up for Lelie.

    Not to dig on Jake, but Shannahan's game plan last season was "Jake, just don't blow it" Plummer wasn't to take the risky passes and that directly cut into Lelie's production.

    With Cutler in the wings, either QB has a huge incentive to perform better which should increase WR production. We all hope Rod Smith could play another eight years, but the reality is that the #1 WR job is likely to change hands in a year or two.

    Lelie has all the physical talent to be a #1. With improved QB play and enough talent at WR, Denver could have an unstoppable offense. Talent alone does not get you very far though. To be an effective weapon in the NFL, one must also put in the physical work, film/mental homework, and practice.

    If Lelie was willing to put in the time and effort, Denver could have the type of offense it had with Rod, EdMac, and Shannon or several others like Raiders at Gannon's prime, STL at Warner's prime, or Colts of today. Lelie could play the part that pushes this team into the special category.

    Shannahan hasn't motivated many players well and probably blew it with the way he handled Lelie. If Lelie could be convinced that now is his chance to prove he is #1 quality WR and earn the big bucks for years to come. Otherwise, he could end up a kennison at best.
    i told you... every single word. since 3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Tour; 06-18-2006 at 11:36 AM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    275
    I've said before that I'd Like Chris Perry from the Bengals. Chris Henry can't keep himself out of trouble and Lelie Could challenge Houshmanzadah for the # 2 spot with Johnson
    [IMG]http://img227.exs.cx/img227/2936/rebelsyxxsigpic5ec.jpg[/IMG]
    "OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

    "....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

    "My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

    [IMG]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8319/rondaynesig29wa.gif[/IMG]

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelSyxx
    I've said before that I'd Like Chris Perry from the Bengals. Chris Henry can't keep himself out of trouble and Lelie Could challenge Houshmanzadah for the # 2 spot with Johnson
    I don't see that one happening, it'd be the same issue as he has here.

    If he get's traded, it will have to be a team that really needs some wr help...
    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

    http://www.notmike.com/images/heman.jpg

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,561
    We don't trade Lelie at all, we just let him watch denver win a championship without him while he sits on the bench


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,959
    Quote Originally Posted by jvw
    We don't trade Lelie at all, we just let him watch denver win a championship without him while he sits on the bench
    no bench....

    put him on IR... so he doesnt get a ring that doesnt deserve...

    i wish he would smarten up already...

    or someone would take him...

    i want ricky williams...(FS) soooooooooo bad!!!

    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

    <a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, MI
    Posts
    747
    I think the DT from Seattle would be a nice addition to our D-line.

    I think his name is Rocky Bernard.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBuckeye
    I think the DT from Seattle would be a nice addition to our D-line.

    I think his name is Rocky Bernard.
    think we could get him for lelie?
    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

    http://www.notmike.com/images/heman.jpg

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Not a chance. He tested FA and got a solid offer from Seattle. They're not giving him up.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBuckeye
    I think the DT from Seattle would be a nice addition to our D-line.

    I think his name is Rocky Bernard.
    Haha.

    He was available in free agency and we didn't even court him.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

    . . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Copperas Cove TX
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl
    Haha.

    He was available in free agency and we didn't even court him.
    B/c he did not play for the Browns

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by squints
    B/c he did not play for the Browns
    outstanding response. but alas no points left in the quiver

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Va beach
    Posts
    2,617
    I really think if denver offered up a trade scenario to san fran, they could get a deal done. The 9ers did draft davis and sign bryant, but lelie IMO would beat out bryant for the #1 spot....i dunno if denver has considered the 49ers, but id be willing to bet money that they would do the deal.
    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

    Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    342
    i say lelie for stallworth or possibly, cedric benson?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    342
    why would you want ricky? he's good, but he's too busy smokin his stuff. he'll never get on the field!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •