Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver
    Figured I'd make this to help everybody out.

This is taken from what us members have figured out so far.

CP--Also known as a Contributor Point. You can click the scale in the upper right hand corner of a post if you think it was good, or contributed in a positive way for the forums. You could also give points to posts that helped you. This adds a point/points to that user's CP level.

--To view your Contributor Points, or the CP given to you, click on User CP on the top left of the page.

--You start out with 10 CP points

--You can give out 5 CP in 24 hours.

--After giving one user a Contributor Point, you have to give 10 other users before giving the same member another point.
    Note: This is not a recommendation, it's how the system is set up.
    Many members have asked about adjusting the system so that if they go weeks without giving, they can give the same user again, but that will more than likely never be the case.
    The system is set up to be spread around equally to reward good posts across the message board. Whether you go weeks or not without giving them, you still must give to 10 other users before you give the same person again.

Points given out
    --Here's how many points you add to that users Contributor Status every time you click the white scale for a good post.

You start off giving one point as a new member.

Every full year you're a member, you give out one more point each time.

For example, if you've been here a full year, you're points are worth 2.
    After 2 years, they're worth 3....

For every 1000 CP you receive, your points are worth another 1.

So if you've been here one full year, and have 1000 CP, you give out 3 points every time you click the scale.

If you've been here three full years, and have a CP count of 2345:
    1 (general point) + 3 (total years) + 2 (every 1000 CP is one) = 6
    That'd mean every time you click on someone's scale, you're adding 6 points to their CP count.

Random CP info: As time goes on, it will be easier to move through the levels quicker. The more members, and the more members who have been here longer, the more points will be going around. The more points going around, the better chance you have at moving up the ranks quicker.

Earning Bars Here's what we know so far about getting those yellow and white bars:

After 100 CP Earned: 2 bars
    200: 3 bars
    300: 4 bars
    400: 5 bars
    500: 6 bars (5 Yellow, 1 white)
    700: 7 bars (5 yellow, 2 white)
    900: 8 bars (5 yellow, 3 white)
    1100: 9 bars (5 yellow, 4 white)
    1300: 10 bars (5 yellow, 5 white)
    1500: 11 bars (5 yellow, 6 white)

Note:
    No one has 12 bars, and as far as we know, 11 could be the maximum, as a few members have 2500+ CP, and still 11 bars.

Earning New Levels--
    Every new member starts out with the title/level of Practice Squad

To make it to the Bench, you need 2 bars, or 100 CP....

To make it to the Special teams, you need 250 CP

To make it to the Locker Room/Starter, you need 500 CP

Locker Room note
    It's not longer a secret that getting 500 CP gets you to the Starter level, and the bonus is an extra locker room forum that only Starter levels and higher can see.
    People have always had "trouble" finding the locker room once they're at 500 CP.
    First, you need to have 501, not 500 Second, in most cases, you will need to exit your web browser and then reopen it. If that doesn't work, you will need to restart your computer. After that, you should see the bonus forum above General Discussions.

To make it to the Playmaker level, you need 1000 CP

To make it to Captain level, you need 1751 CP

To make it to All-Pro level, you need 2,750 CP

It's uncertain at this point how much CP you need to reach Ring of Famer status, as there currently are no Ring of Famers not including the mods who have all the features, no matter their CP status.
    My guess for the amount of CP needed for ring of famer: 5000.

Features
    Here's what I know so far, for the features you get with new levels.

Bench: Profile Picture

Special Teams: Larger avatar (100x100), bigger PM box ( 100 PMs)

Starter: Locker Room Forum (Only members with 500+ CP can view this forum)

Captain: Give out negative CPs, Avatar of 120x120, and ability to send 10 PMs at a time

All-Pro: Features noticed so far...bigger PM box (150)

Other Notes:

When you write someone a CP comment, they can't see who it's from. Unless you want the CP to be annonymous, sign it. Most people like to see who they're from.

For example, Leave a comment like this: Great thread, I love the article!--User101.

For more info:

Check out this link:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...4&page=1&pp=15

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them in this thread, or send me a PM.

Just in case I ever somehow mess up the original post while editing, I'll keep a backup copy in this post.
    Administrator

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to give CP's without being in a thread at the little scale thingy?

2. Is there a way to edit or delete the accumulating list of reasons why I give out CP's?

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan
    I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to give CP's without being in a thread at the little scale thingy?

2. Is there a way to edit or delete the accumulating list of reasons why I give out CP's?

1) You need to find a post of someone to give them CP, so I believe that would always been in a thread. Or an indivisual post.

I'm a little confused about your second question though? Can you give me an example?
    Administrator

1) You need to find a post of someone to give them CP, so I believe that would always been in a thread. Or an indivisual post.

I'm a little confused about your second question though? Can you give me an example?
    Well, say when you click on the scale thingy to give someone CP's, when you type in the first letter, a list of previously typed in things starting with that letter come up... The question is can you edit or delete anything that appears in that list?

It's kind of like the autofill feature in IE.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Im special teams now
    so that means i will have 100 pms now instead of 70 right??

NICE!

Well, say when you click on the scale thingy to give someone CP's, when you type in the first letter, a list of previously typed in things starting with that letter come up... The question is can you edit or delete anything that appears in that list?

If you hit a letter, say B for example, move your mouse over the list so it highlights one of the list. If you hit the delete button on your keyboard it will delete it. If you go to the first in the list, and hold down the delete button it will suck them all out.

Hope I helped you out.
    sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

1 cross + 3 nails= 4 given

Oh...this seems like more of an internet explorer kind of thing.

In your settings for internet explorer, you must have autofill on.

Go to Tools/Options to try to sort that out.
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
    Well, it depends on how good of a poster you are!

If your pretty good, not long at all.

If you suck, it may be awhile.

Actually, there's alot more to it than just that but the point is "good posting" definatly won't hurt.

I must suck. After three years and still a benchwarmer.

Practice with my post right here. Hit the scale and see if you can give me a CP. If you can't, try again until you can give me a CP. That should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Broncofan
    I must suck. After three years and still a benchwarmer.

It doesn't look like you're too far away.
    Administrator

Learnin

Since this is the thread to learn how to do cool stuff on here, how do I add pictures to the bottom of my posts like you guys, and where can I get one of those cool membership card from?
    Does this work like myspace for adding photos??

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBronco
    Since this is the thread to learn how to do cool stuff on here, how do I add pictures to the bottom of my posts like you guys, and where can I get one of those cool membership card from?
    Does this work like myspace for adding photos??
    You first have to have the pictures hosted someplace else, like on a personal website or at imageshack or someplace like that. Once your images are hosted someplace, then you add them to your signature (you edit the signature by clicking on the USER CP link in the upper left) in a format like this:

HTML Code:
    [IMG]http://www.cherokeeflyer.com/sig/small_headline_sig.png[/IMG]
    Putting that line in your signature, would display the image in my signature that shows my headlines. So, you simply replace the URL between the IMG statements with the location of your image.

Hope that made sense.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

where do check your CP?
    [IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/parkerjp91/darrentwilliamstributebb3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/parkerjp91/U2-1172395547.png[/IMG]

[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rip_d_wills_27]
    [img]http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/halo2/rip%20d%20wills%2027.jpg[/img]
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by D Williams 27
    where do check your CP?
    Where it says User CP on the top left....
    Administrator

Where it says User CP on the top left....
    Do you check the messages you get with your CPs from here as well
    [IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/parkerjp91/darrentwilliamstributebb3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/parkerjp91/U2-1172395547.png[/IMG]

[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rip_d_wills_27]
    [img]http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/halo2/rip%20d%20wills%2027.jpg[/img]
    [/url]