Page 255 of 478 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 7169

Thread: Red Sox Nation

What a tough way to go down.....man how disappointing. This team, overall, was missing their bats for stretches of the season and the first two games of this series.

I would expect to see some changes to this team in the off-season. A couple of questions I have is:

1. Varitek is gone, right?
    2. Jason Bay...re-sign or not?
    3. Is Lowell going to start again next season?
    4. Who will the Sox sign who will be a more consistent power hitter?

Quote Originally Posted by kmcgough25 View Post
    What a tough way to go down.....man how disappointing. This team, overall, was missing their bats for stretches of the season and the first two games of this series.

I would expect to see some changes to this team in the off-season. A couple of questions I have is:

Sorry guys! I was pulling hard for them, but it didnt work out. We have nothing to hang our heads over, other than the loss.

GO RED SOX next year!!
    ~RSth Lncus T@T mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Man what a tough playoff series for the sox...

1. Deffinatley, he's a total liability in the lineup, get him out of here!!
    2. Should make bankkk, but hopefully we lock him up
    3. No, i see youk moving to third full-time, Martinez catching and we pickup a first baseman that can bat or bring up Lars Anderson
    4. answer 3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Sporting4life!

[B][SIZE="5"]Welcome to Denver Von Miller!![/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=MarshallMoss;3780011]
    My bet is open to anyone. 7 sacks minimum playing at least 14 games in 2011. I will eat crow if I am wrong, and will cp everyone who takes my offer. If you lose, you will be happy to send a cp my way![/B]
    [/QUOTE]
    [B]Bet Taken! Although i hope you win [/B]

1: Breaks my heart but yes. The clock has struck midnight for our Capt.
    2: I would say yes resign him
    3: I would make him our DH, and sent Ortiz packing
    4: Holliday.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    1: Breaks my heart but yes. The clock has struck midnight for our Capt.
    2: I would say yes resign him
    3: I would make him our DH, and sent Ortiz packing
    4: Holliday.
    Wouldn't Ortiz be awfully hard to move due to his contract? I'm sure his 2011 team option will be declined (even if he bounces back next season, they would want him to take a lesser salary than $12.5 mil. for 2011) but it's hard to see any other team wanting him for 2010.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

i think Boston has to sign John Lackey he was very impressive this time and last year as well and i know the playoffs are different then the regular season but we need someone who can help us out .

1. Varitek - GONE sorry Tek but your time has come thank you so much for everything

2. Jason Bay - has to come back not an option make him whatever offer he wants

3. Victor martinez - LEARN HOW TO THROW or we need someone else

4. David Ortiz - NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE

5. Mike Lowell - still a good bat but we need someone alot faster like figgins at third and make Lowell our new DH

6. Matt Holliday ? has proven in the AL he's not that good atleast in Oakland ao i wouldn't expect to see Boston go after him and besides where's he going to play ?

i just want everyone to know that i blame the Red Sox front office for us not making the World Series this year. all they had to do is Sign Mark Teixieria but no they tryed to play hard ball and call his bluff and now look at us thanks for nothing ... and giving the Yankees their 27th World Series Championship ... and A- Rod his first

Quote Originally Posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    i just want everyone to know that i blame the Red Sox front office for us not making the World Series this year. all they had to do is Sign Mark Teixieria but no they tryed to play hard ball and call his bluff and now look at us thanks for nothing ... and giving the Yankees their 27th World Series Championship ... and A- Rod his first
    You're funny. Don't try and jinx the Yanks now.

We havn't won anything yet. But I hope the last part of your paragraph is true.

And I heard that Boston is going to trade Papelbon. Though I've been hearing rumors about him for a while now so we'll see what happens there.

I missed that game since I was at the Broncos game but I saw it was like 6-1 Boston and then 6-4 going in to the 9th. I couldn't believe when I heard that he gave up 3 runs in the 9th.

Angels are a good team though.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    You're funny. Don't try and jinx the Yanks now.

We havn't won anything yet. But I hope the last part of your paragraph is true.

And I heard that Boston is going to trade Papelbon. Though I've been hearing rumors about him for a while now so we'll see what happens there.

I missed that game since I was at the Broncos game but I saw it was like 6-1 Boston and then 6-4 going in to the 9th. I couldn't believe when I heard that he gave up 3 runs in the 9th.

Angels are a good team though.
    JC,

Good luck in the ALCS. Enjoy it....I sure wish I could!!!

Quote Originally Posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    Tex wife did not want to come hear. It is not our front offices fault.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

JC,

Good luck in the ALCS. Enjoy it....I sure wish I could!!!
    Thanks

Its wierd, The ALCS is about to start up and I'm more excited about the Broncos and them being 5-0 Maybe since its been forever since the Yanks have played. The long time off I guess is wearing me down.
    I'll be back in baseball mode I'm sure soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    Tex wife did not want to come hear. It is not our front offices fault.
    dude that's bull **** if my wife didn't want to live in a town that was going to pay me like 150 million ... i would say see you in november honey ... and another thing New York is like 200 miles away from Boston so the weather's the same and Tex has a house in Texas and in Conneticut as well as one in maryland

bottom line Tex didn't want to be a Red Sox they drafted him in 1999 and he didn't sign and now after last off season i can see he doesn't want to be a Red Sox.

but there isn't alot of free agent bats this year and Boston needs to do something quickly

as far as the Red Sox trading papelbon i highly doubt it eventhough he did give up three in the ninth he's still one of the best in the game.

so Long Tek ... thanks for everything

Catching Lowe's No Hitter
    Catching Buchhulz No Hitter
    Catching Seth Smith's third Strike
    Catching Jon Lester's No Hitter

but thank you most of all for ....

PUNCHING A - ROD IN THE FACE SOMETHING WE'VE ALL WANTED TO DO

"They've got guys overthere we don't like and I'm sure we got guys they don't like" - Jason Varitek

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    Wouldn't Ortiz be awfully hard to move due to his contract? I'm sure his 2011 team option will be declined (even if he bounces back next season, they would want him to take a lesser salary than $12.5 mil. for 2011) but it's hard to see any other team wanting him for 2010.
    as is the case with teams like the yankees and redsox, sometimes you need to eat a part of a contract to make a move...it's never stopped the sox from doing that in the past

i think the sox make a huge push at getting felix hernandez from the mariners....probably having to give up bard and buchholz to start with

tek might be back in a backup roll....tek is much better when he doesn't get worn down, he played pretty well the first half of the season...though i'm still not sure the sox want martinez catching every day, he's not a great catcher to begin with, i don't think he wants to catch every day and his bat might suffer catching full time...the alternative is to trade for a young catcher to split time with martinez

i think the sox also make a run at adrian gonzalez for first, if that's the case then martinez catches

i think lowell is gone and youk is at 3rd...no matter what happens with the roster

i think the sox would like to re-sign bay or holliday...then sign another solid outfielder (abreu? maybe a trade for carl crawford? crawford's contract goes way up next season and is a fa in 2011) and then move bay to dh and dump ortiz

even if the team came back with the exact same roster as last season there is no reason they shouldn;t contend..the bats went cold in the angels series...had the sox held on to game 3 i still believe they had a very good chance to win that series but that's not the way it worked out...only one team will end the season with a smile on their face...let's just hope it's not the yankees

espn is reporting that Albert Pujols is in no hurry to sign a contract extension with the St.Louis Cardinals and he does have one year left on his current contract for next season ... in 2003 Pujols signed a seven year ,hundred million dollar contract with the Cardinals . Pujols has said money isn't everything

Can you imagine if the Red Sox can sign Albert Pujols to a contract in the future Pujols is 29 and obviously in the prime of his career ... i know that this is very wishful thinking but move youk over to third and have Albert at first and all of a sudden the Yankees arent so powerful anymore

i doubt it thought Pujols is a pretty loyal guy but who knows