Page 104 of 478 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 7169

Thread: Red Sox Nation

  1. #1546
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hutchinson, Kansas
    Posts
    7,165
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    I thought of that when I typed it


    and LMFAO @ trading Mo for J-pap straight up.
    Too funny.

    I would take Mo over Johnny boy any day and I'm pretty sure most people are the same way.

    This isn't fantasy baseball were talking about

    And yea I'm interested in seeing what all our team will look like this up coming year.
    Nothing against Papelbon. I would have had the same reaction to a Broncos fan asking me if we should trade Elway for a younger QB once upon a time.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




    R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

  2. #1547
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    8,045
    Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    Nothing against Papelbon. I would have had the same reaction to a Broncos fan asking me if we should trade Elway for a younger QB once upon a time.
    Yea but he makes me sick anyways

    That be like trading Andy for Beckett. I wouldn't want to do it. Some might but not me.

    Plus I dont see us trading with Boston

    and yea that would be crazy trading Elway for someone young.

    I'd rather have Mo retire a Yankee then to play anywhere else.

  3. #1548
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,717
    I can't believe yall wouldn't trade Mo for Papelbon. That's crazy. I realize he's a legend and all but really, how many great years does he have left in him?

    If it was me, I would trade Manny Ramirez for a good young slugger any day of the week.

    Of course it would be a snowy day in hell before the Yanks and Sox ever made a trade.

  4. #1549
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hutchinson, Kansas
    Posts
    7,165
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I can't believe yall wouldn't trade Mo for Papelbon. That's crazy. I realize he's a legend and all but really, how many great years does he have left in him?

    If it was me, I would trade Manny Ramirez for a good young slugger any day of the week.

    Of course it would be a snowy day in hell before the Yanks and Sox ever made a trade.

    Manny Ramirez was developed by the Indians, then signed by the red sox as a free agent. Mo was developed by the Yankees. There aren't any vets on your team developed by boston that have been around nearly as long as Mo. Is Youkilis the oldest of your players that was drafted by boston?

    No, it's not crazy. I'm not kidding about how great it is when players like Mo spend their entire career with one team. Would you have traded Elway at the end of his career to get someone younger?

    Ask Medford or PCE how they would have felt about trading Yaz. I'm certainly not a sox fan, but it would have disgusted me to see him traded.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




    R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

  5. #1550
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post

    Ask Medford or PCE how they would have felt about trading Yaz. I'm certainly not a sox fan, but it would have disgusted me to see him traded.
    I can see your point....

    I'm still pissed Dwight Evans didn't finish his career with Boston and instead spent a wasted final year with the Orioles.

    I never liked that Manny is wearing his # 24 either.

  6. #1551
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,717
    Yeah, I see your point too. I'd have been pissed if we'd traded Elway at the end of his career.

  7. #1552
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,717
    Jacoby Ellsbury is starting over Coco Crisp tonight. THANK YOU Tito! You finally made a good decision!

  8. #1553
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    8,045
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Jacoby Ellsbury is starting over Coco Crisp tonight. THANK YOU Tito! You finally made a good decision!
    I figured he would.
    Coco has been struggling and It be nice to start Jacoby in Fenway and get him into some post season games. Since hes the future.

  9. #1554
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,717
    Good ol' Bill Mueller is throwing out the first pitch tonight! I bet he gets a HUGE standing ovation!

  10. #1555
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hutchinson, Kansas
    Posts
    7,165
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
    I can see your point....

    I'm still pissed Dwight Evans didn't finish his career with Boston and instead spent a wasted final year with the Orioles.

    I never liked that Manny is wearing his # 24 either.
    Evans was one hell of a player.

    Unfortunately we see fewer and fewer players spend their careers with one team.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




    R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

  11. #1556
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,717
    JD DREW hits a GRAND SLAM!!!!

    Unbelievable!

    I guess we can quit calling him Nancy now!

  12. #1557
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    8,045
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    JD DREW hits a GRAND SLAM!!!!

    Unbelievable!

    I guess we can quit calling him Nancy now!

    Naw he's still Nancy

  13. #1558
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,717

  14. #1559
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    2,717
    Lugo with a 2 RBI double? As ol' Vince Lombardi would say: What the hell's going on out here?

  15. #1560
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    4,438
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Jacoby Ellsbury is starting over Coco Crisp tonight. THANK YOU Tito! You finally made a good decision!
    I am shocked....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •