Page 3 of 477 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox Nation

Quote Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    From 1920 to 2004, (84 seasons) the yankees had a better overall record than the red sox 66 times.

66 times . . . that's impressive . . . i have one for you

how many teams have taken a 3-0 lead in any mlb playoff series and lost? it ain't 66 . . . only 1 . . . now you may be asking yourself what team could possibly melt down so horribly that after taking a 3-0 lead they could lose the series including 2 at home . . .

it has to be the sox . . . curse of the bambino strikes again? . . . nope

what other team could it be . . . such a humiliating and devestating defeat . . . who could suck that bad . . . who could do what no other mlb team has been able to do during the history of this fine sport

well of course . . . it must be . . .

the Yankees

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

Sox Suck!!
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PATS FAN in PA
    have you ever heard the saying 'what have you done for me lately' . . .
    If you want to go by what have you done for me lately, why are you talking about two seasons ago? Have you forgotten the another second place finish in the division last year? Knocked out in the first round?
    If you want to go by what have you done for me lately, let the white sox fans talk up their team.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Quote Originally Posted by Tatum26Bell
    GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

Sox Suck!!
    Amen to that.

Thanks Blondie for the Sig

66 times . . . that's impressive . . . i have one for you

how many teams have taken a 3-0 lead in any mlb playoff series and lost? it ain't 66 . . . only 1 . . . now you may be asking yourself what team could possibly melt down so horribly that after taking a 3-0 lead they could lose the series including 2 at home . . .

what other team could it be . . . such a humiliating and devestating defeat . . . who could suck that bad . . . who could do what no other mlb team has been able to do during the history of this fine sport

the Yankees
    NJ, 970....Isn't it nice that he finds the Red Sox one good moment against the yankees?

I mean...how many can we mention? 20---30?

These Red Sox fans are as pathetic as the Pats fans....I've been to boston, it's a nice place...The sports fans there are crazy though.

When the Sox lose, it's the end of the world, and yes, their world has ended many times.

When was the last time you guys even won the division?!
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    Tell you what lets make a bet, if the Yankees Win I will give you a CP, When the Sox win tonight You give me a CP, Who is up for it, One rule you need to reply before the first pitch, Any Takers
    Dam Sox win.
    You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to Southstander again.
    I owe you a CP.

Thanks Blondie for the Sig

If you want to go by what have you done for me lately, why are you talking about two seasons ago? Have you forgotten the another second place finish in the division last year? Knocked out in the first round?
    If you want to go by what have you done for me lately, let the white sox fans talk up their team.
    True but didn't the Yanks WIN the division and lose in First round to the Angles, atleast we lost to the eventual Champions.

As far a Red Sox Dynasty goes 1912 to 1918 we won 4 Championships in 6 years. There is you're Red Sox Dyanasty.

Oh and the Sox won CP comming my way
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

True but didn't the Yanks WIN the division and lose in First round to the Angles, atleast we lost to the eventual Champions.
    I'm not the one saying what have you done for me lately.
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

I'm not the one saying what have you done for me lately.

No it was not, but it was you that mentioned our second place finish and going out in the first round. I just wanted to remind you your Yanks did no better

No it was not, but it was you that mentioned our second place finish and going out in the first round. I just wanted to remind you your Yanks did no better
    Thank you for reminding me that the Yankees finished ahead of the Sox...Again.

First off, congrats on the win. Papi & Manny go 0-fer and we still lost. Season is still a loooooong way from being over, though. Matsui's loss is big, but can Melky pull a Cano?

As far a Red Sox Dynasty goes 1912 to 1918 we won 4 Championships in 6 years. There is you're Red Sox Dyanasty.
    And like I said before, find someone who remembers that dynasty to enjoy it. You can't because their either all dead, incoherent or slowly crumbling to human brittle.

the Yankees
    Never saw that one coming. Now I have one for you. Take away that 2k4 playoff series and what do the Sox have vs. the Yankees? Nothing that I can see.

Now take away the Yankees recent dynasty... (notice I said recent as in more than 1)... and what do we have?

Bucky Dent
    Aaron Boone
    Babe
    PWNership, with papers
    etcetera etcetera etcetera

And I know you don't want to talk about meltdowns do you? Mookie? Buckner? Ring a bell?

A Yakee and Radier Fan, you have to be my least favorite member of this Board...... J/K your cool!

You Yankees fans all amaze me, you oound your chest and talk about all your Titles and HOF players. You know what you had better have won 26 titles with all of that talent. If not that would be just plain sad.

As Far as Buckner goes I don't blame him for losing the 86 World Series, it ws not game 7, the Sox could have and should have won game 7. Unlike most Raider Fans the blame the "Tuck Rule" for not beating the Patriots. I realize the Sox had more chances after Buckner to win. Just Like the Raiders had more chances to stop the Pats on that drive and in OT, But that is another thread.

Sorry to hear about "Godzilla" breaking his hand.

(Man with it only being the start of May, can you Imagine what we wil be like come October.
    Last edited by Southstander; 05-11-2006 at 09:29 PM.

I mentioned it either here or on another board that the Raiders should've stopped the Pats after the call, that's why even though I was mad that the call was blown, (or dumb rule, however it is taken) I was even madder that the Raiders defense made the call historic.

Yeah, Godzilla being out is bad, but if the Yankees are champions they'll endure. Bubba Crosby is ok, Bernie is beyond brutal, but Melky Cabrera looks like he can play some ball. Eh, as long as George doesn't go out and get another overpaid 36 year old outfielder and just let a youngster like Melky grow, I'll be happy.

And yeah, there's something about owners born on the 4th of July that makes me want to follow their dark sided teams.

A Yakee and Radier Fan, you have to be my least favorite member of this Board...... J/K your cool!

You Yankees fans all amaze me, you oound your chest and talk about all your Titles and HOF players. You know what you had better have won 26 titles with all of that talent. If not that would be just plain sad.

As Far as Buckner goes I don't blame him for losing the 86 World Series, it ws not game 7, the Sox could have and should have won game 7. Unlike most Raider Fans the blame the "Tuck Rule" for not beating the Patriots. I realize the Sox had more chances after Buckner to win. Just Like the Raiders had more chances to stop the Pats on that drive and in OT, But that is another thread.

Sorry to hear about "Godzilla" breaking his hand.

(Man with it only being the start of May, can you Imagine what we wil be like come October.

And the Sox havent had major talent all of these years - what are they like 3rd on the payroll list

Red sux fans are more like Riaders fans - they only have ancient history and a recent win here n there to try and make their points valid then they cry and moan that their team is somehow the best

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420
    And the Sox havent had major talent all of these years - what are they like 3rd on the payroll list

Red sux fans are more like Riaders fans - they only have ancient history and a recent win here n there to try and make their points valid then they cry and moan that their team is somehow the best
    orange and blue I will clarify that I think you are an excellent poster. But some Sox fans (myself, although I like the Dodgers better) are not like Raider fans, I do not brag or showboat about an occasional win.

You must be talking about most of the Pats and some Sox fans around where I am from. They think their sh*t does not stink and they are the only teams that ever graced the earth.

I respect the Yanks very much as I have stated in previous posts. I guess you are correct on some levels, but I had to respond because I hate the Raiders so much.