Page 6 of 478 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox Nation

Great read Med
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Red Sox win and move 1.5 games ahead of the Yanks

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    Red Sox win and move 1.5 games ahead of the Yanks
    It's great to see Clement pitch well. You never know what you're going to get from him.

Hopefully he can string together several more strong outings in a row.

Pedro Martinez was incredible today, beating the Yankees. Why are the red sox so willing to let their top players leave as free agents?? Not that I mind, of course........ Pedro will be 6-0, barring a stunning 9th inning rally.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop
    Pedro Martinez was incredible today, beating the Yankees. Why are the red sox so willing to let their top players leave as free agents?? Not that I mind, of course........ Pedro will be 6-0, barring a stunning 9th inning rally.
    The Red Sox offered Pedro a very good 3 yr. deal. The Mets were desperate and foolish enough to offer him a 4 yr deal.

Pedro’s strong performance against the weaker hitting NL doesn’t surprise me. However, we’ll see if he’s worth all that $$$ in years 3 and 4.

The Mets will experience the same pain the Yanks did w/ Kevin Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by WorstTrollEver
    The Red Sox offered Pedro a very good 3 yr. deal. The Mets were desperate and foolish enough to offer him a 4 yr deal.

Pedro’s strong performance against the weaker hitting NL doesn’t surprise me. However, we’ll see if he’s worth all that $$$ in years 3 and 4.

The Mets will experience the same pain the Yanks did w/ Kevin Brown.
    I strongly disagree. MAYBE year 4....... but I wouldn't count on that. There is joy in Yankeeville!!!!!

The Mets led 4-0 going into the 9th...... brought in Wagner, who imploded.....Yankees scored 4 in the top of the 9th. ANDY PHILLIPS, of all people, drove in the game-winner. Mariano Rivera pitched scoreless 10th/11th innings, striking out the side in the 11th. Yankes win 5-4 in their 2nd stunning comeback of the week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop
    I strongly disagree. MAYBE year 4....... but I wouldn't count on that. There is joy in Yankeeville!!!!!

The Mets led 4-0 going into the 9th...... brought in Wagner, who imploded.....Yankees scored 4 in the top of the 9th. ANDY PHILLIPS, of all people, drove in the game-winner. Mariano Rivera pitched scoreless 10th/11th innings, striking out the side in the 11th. Yankes win 5-4 in their 2nd stunning comeback of the week!!!
    I'm not sure I'd call that a comeback. Wagner gave you the game w/ all those walks and hit batter.

Don't expect any gifts like that when you play the Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by WorstTrollEver
    I'm not sure I'd call that a comeback. Wagner gave you the game w/ all those walks and hit batter.

Don't expect any gifts like that when you play the Red Sox.
    I won't (I wouldn't expect a gift like that from the ROYALS, much less the Mets or red sox).......... and I shouldn't have posted that in this thread (I'm a little excited, to put it mildly)...........but beating BILLY WAGNER doesn't qualify as a comeback ?? it WAS a 4-0 lead...... not an easy win in that situation. I'd be more than willing to wager that Wagner doesn't pitch that badly for the rest of the season. 21-year old Melky Cabrera worked a 12-pitch walk...... ANDY PHILLIPS (Yeah, THE Andy Phillips) hits the game winner. Miguel Cairo (not a speedster) steals 2B AND 3B before scoring the game-winner..... that, my friend, constitutes a comeback.

Umm......... you'll have to explain how that one works. Does Wagner make a habit out of pitching that way?? His career numbers would dictate otherwise...........

No arguments..... I'm in too good of a mood.... as you should be able to understand.
    Last edited by keithbishop; 05-20-2006 at 02:50 PM.

Well, the Red Sox beat the Phillies 8-4 and they won the old fashioned way - they earned it!

Josh Beckett gets an rbi single, scores a run and hits a home run. He was the first Red Sox pitcher to hit a home run since 1972! Oh yeah, he also pitched very well.

What an offensive juggernaut we have!!

The Mets WAY over paid Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    The Mets WAY over paid Pete.
    Not true.

With red sox:
    2003 salary: $15 mil.
    2004 salary: $17.5 mil.

With Mets:
    $3.5 mil. bonus (paid in 2008)
    2005 salary: $ 10 mil.
    2006: $14 mil.
    2007 : $14 mil.
    2008: $11 mil.

$10 mil. of his salary from 2006-2008 is deferred.

Curt Schilling:
    2005 salary: $12.5 mil.
    2006: $13 mil.
    2007: $13 mil.

Pedro's salary is in line with Schilling's. Pedro was dominant for the red sox...... Schilling was dominant through 2004......... it only stands to reason that their salaries are comparable. The only question about Pedro's deal is 2008, but how much $$ do you think he's generated in ticket sales and merchandising $$. I saw the Pedro of old pitch yesterday. 2.82 ERA as a Met. The 4th year of the deal is a calculated risk, but the Mets won't have to worry about him this year or next year. Pedro is making A LOT less than he earned in the last year of his red sox contract.

$10 mil. of Pedro's salary the last 3 years is deferred. Pedro is 5 years younger than Schilling.
    Last edited by keithbishop; 05-21-2006 at 06:47 AM.

The reason I said they over paid for him is "2008" I don't think he will make it that long

Tough loss today. Damn Lenny DiNardo. Bless Kevin Youkilis. But I guess I'd rather have DiNardo than ****-down Boomer.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/24et8v5.jpg
    Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

Oh, and every Yankee fan alive is a bandwagoner.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/24et8v5.jpg
    Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

Good to have you in here Blue