Page 573 of 575 FirstFirst ... 73 473 523 563 571 572 573 574 575 LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 8611
  1. #8581
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Shohei Ohtani turns down Yankees.


    - By Post Sports Desk



    Read the rest below.

    https://nypost.com/2017/12/03/shohei...-down-yankees/
    I think you know how I feel about the Yankees, so this news made me happy. I doubt that Otani/Ohtani (I've seen it spelled both ways. My baseball cards say "Otani") will go to the Red Sox. He needs to sign by 22 December, I think. It will be interesting to see where he goes and how he does in MLB.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  2. #8582
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I think you know how I feel about the Yankees, so this news made me happy. I doubt that Otani/Ohtani (I've seen it spelled both ways. My baseball cards say "Otani") will go to the Red Sox. He needs to sign by 22 December, I think. It will be interesting to see where he goes and how he does in MLB.
    Sounds like he may want the West Coast and smaller market. That sounds like the Giants, As or Padres.

    I'm fine with it. I'm still haunted by Kideki Irabu (R.I.P.) even though Tanaka is more than making up for it.

    My biggest concern is... Aaron Boone?

  3. #8583
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,703
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Sounds like he may want the West Coast and smaller market. That sounds like the Giants, As or Padres.

    I'm fine with it. I'm still haunted by Kideki Irabu (R.I.P.) even though Tanaka is more than making up for it.

    My biggest concern is... Aaron Boone?
    I'm cautiously optimistic about Boone, he strikes me as someone who could really get it, or someone who will be a disaster. Don't see a ton of middle ground
    Administrator


  4. #8584
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    29,899
    Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic about Boone, he strikes me as someone who could really get it, or someone who will be a disaster. Don't see a ton of middle ground
    I like the Yankees, and I predict disacter
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  5. #8585
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Sounds like he may want the West Coast and smaller market. That sounds like the Giants, As or Padres.

    I'm fine with it. I'm still haunted by Kideki Irabu (R.I.P.) even though Tanaka is more than making up for it.

    My biggest concern is... Aaron Boone?
    Ohtani is going with the Angels. I was kind of hoping for the Giants. I wish they would stop comparing him to Babe Ruth. It upsets some people. From what I've seen, it's the US scouts that mention it. Not Ohtani or his teammates, agent or coaches.

    The reason he didn't go to the Yankees: "A fear of living in a fishbowl kept him from making the New York Yankees, one of the presumed favorites, even a finalist."

    With all the attention he has gotten, he's going to be in a fishbowl.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  6. #8586
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,216
    Stanton?!?! Huge haul for the Yankees.

  7. #8587
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,337
    Ok so this proposed deal that is just about done is for a couple of prospects and Starlin Castro. I'm a little upset about losing Castro because he's one of the few .300 hitters we had even though he missed about 50 games.

    Yankees pay Stanton $243 million over 10 years, which is a bargain.

    Possible lineup
    CF Brett Gardner
    LF Aaron Judge
    RF Giancarlo Stanton
    C Gary Sanchez
    1B Greg Bird
    SS Didi Gregorius
    DH Aaron Hicks
    3B Chase Headley
    2B Ronald Torreyes (or top prospect Gleyber Torres)

    Possible Rotation
    Tanaka
    Severino
    Gray
    Montgomery
    CC ??

    We can hit all the home runs in the world, but if our pitching is middle of the road, we'll have the same result as last year. Either way, if the Stanton trade is done and if we can unload Jacoby Ellsbury, I'll be severely disappointed if we don't win the World Series next year. I hope some of the players can hit for average but I can see a lot of home runs and strikeouts. Again.

    Oh wait I forgot... Aaron Boone???

  8. #8588
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,337
    This is it! Yankees-Sox in a 4 game series. If the Yankees don't sweep, it's over. If they do sweep, they'll be 1 1/2 games back. No 1978 this year. Boston is on pace for 112 wins.

  9. #8589
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    This is it! Yankees-Sox in a 4 game series. If the Yankees don't sweep, it's over. If they do sweep, they'll be 1 1/2 games back. No 1978 this year. Boston is on pace for 112 wins.
    I have to see if we get the games here. Did I hear that Judge was out? If so, too bad. He's amazing.

    Go Sox!
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  10. #8590
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,337
    Well that was crap. Depending on your perspective. Below is an exclusive New York Post pic of the Yankees after the loss.



  11. #8591
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,928


    Sorry. It's never fun when that happens to your team.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  12. #8592
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    28,951
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Well that was crap. Depending on your perspective. Below is an exclusive New York Post pic of the Yankees after the loss.


    I switched by the game and The Yanks were up 4 zip. But in Boston one never knows. I might have enjoyed watching the rest of that game (I guess you know who I like better!).

  13. #8593
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,337
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I switched by the game and The Yanks were up 4 zip. But in Boston one never knows. I might have enjoyed watching the rest of that game (I guess you know who I like better!).
    I absolutely hate and love games in Boston. We've seen so many big leads vanish and turn to blowouts in throughout the years it's not funny.

    They're saying this may be the best Boston team ever. They're on pace for 112 wins. What I found amazing was a stat that said they haven't won 100+ games since 1946. I would've lost that bet twice.

    As for the Yankees, they've only won 1 World Series in 17 years, which tells me two things. 1) Time really flies because the dynasty doesn't seem like 20 years ago and 2) This is unacceptable!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post


    Sorry. It's never fun when that happens to your team.
    And just when I was making fun of Mets fans for their team's 25-4 "showing", this happens lol.

  14. #8594
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I absolutely hate and love games in Boston. We've seen so many big leads vanish and turn to blowouts in throughout the years it's not funny.

    They're saying this may be the best Boston team ever. They're on pace for 112 wins. What I found amazing was a stat that said they haven't won 100+ games since 1946. I would've lost that bet twice.

    As for the Yankees, they've only won 1 World Series in 17 years, which tells me two things. 1) Time really flies because the dynasty doesn't seem like 20 years ago and 2) This is unacceptable!


    And just when I was making fun of Mets fans for their team's 25-4 "showing", this happens lol.
    Nats game, right? That was fun.

    Best Boston team ever? Wow. Looks like I'm going to be buying some new stuff for the family. One of my favorite recent purchases was a "Mookie Monster" shirt for my daughter. A few years ago, it was "Fear the Beard".
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  15. #8595
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    28,951
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I absolutely hate and love games in Boston. We've seen so many big leads vanish and turn to blowouts in throughout the years it's not funny.

    They're saying this may be the best Boston team ever. They're on pace for 112 wins. What I found amazing was a stat that said they haven't won 100+ games since 1946. I would've lost that bet twice.

    As for the Yankees, they've only won 1 World Series in 17 years, which tells me two things. 1) Time really flies because the dynasty doesn't seem like 20 years ago and 2) This is unacceptable!

    My beef with baseball is that the playoffs are almost settled in a number of cases, and that took roots by the half season. Baseball and parity are not exactly a thing of reality.

    If I can boast a little, we saw a game in Yankee stadium in mid June. That was fun!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •