Page 573 of 573 FirstFirst ... 73 473 523 563 571 572 573
Results 8,581 to 8,587 of 8587
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Shohei Ohtani turns down Yankees.

- By Post Sports Desk

Read the rest below.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/03/shohei...-down-yankees/
    I think you know how I feel about the Yankees, so this news made me happy. I doubt that Otani/Ohtani (I've seen it spelled both ways. My baseball cards say "Otani") will go to the Red Sox. He needs to sign by 22 December, I think. It will be interesting to see where he goes and how he does in MLB.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I think you know how I feel about the Yankees, so this news made me happy. I doubt that Otani/Ohtani (I've seen it spelled both ways. My baseball cards say "Otani") will go to the Red Sox. He needs to sign by 22 December, I think. It will be interesting to see where he goes and how he does in MLB.
    Sounds like he may want the West Coast and smaller market. That sounds like the Giants, As or Padres.

I'm fine with it. I'm still haunted by Kideki Irabu (R.I.P.) even though Tanaka is more than making up for it.

My biggest concern is... Aaron Boone?

Sounds like he may want the West Coast and smaller market. That sounds like the Giants, As or Padres.

I'm fine with it. I'm still haunted by Kideki Irabu (R.I.P.) even though Tanaka is more than making up for it.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Boone, he strikes me as someone who could really get it, or someone who will be a disaster. Don't see a ton of middle ground
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic about Boone, he strikes me as someone who could really get it, or someone who will be a disaster. Don't see a ton of middle ground
    I like the Yankees, and I predict disacter
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Ohtani is going with the Angels. I was kind of hoping for the Giants. I wish they would stop comparing him to Babe Ruth. It upsets some people. From what I've seen, it's the US scouts that mention it. Not Ohtani or his teammates, agent or coaches.

The reason he didn't go to the Yankees: "A fear of living in a fishbowl kept him from making the New York Yankees, one of the presumed favorites, even a finalist."

With all the attention he has gotten, he's going to be in a fishbowl.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Stanton?!?! Huge haul for the Yankees.

Ok so this proposed deal that is just about done is for a couple of prospects and Starlin Castro. I'm a little upset about losing Castro because he's one of the few .300 hitters we had even though he missed about 50 games.

Yankees pay Stanton $243 million over 10 years, which is a bargain.

Possible lineup
    CF Brett Gardner
    LF Aaron Judge
    RF Giancarlo Stanton
    C Gary Sanchez
    1B Greg Bird
    SS Didi Gregorius
    DH Aaron Hicks
    3B Chase Headley
    2B Ronald Torreyes (or top prospect Gleyber Torres)

Possible Rotation
    Tanaka
    Severino
    Gray
    Montgomery
    CC ??

We can hit all the home runs in the world, but if our pitching is middle of the road, we'll have the same result as last year. Either way, if the Stanton trade is done and if we can unload Jacoby Ellsbury, I'll be severely disappointed if we don't win the World Series next year. I hope some of the players can hit for average but I can see a lot of home runs and strikeouts. Again.

Oh wait I forgot... Aaron Boone???