• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keithbishop
    Ring of Famer
    • Feb 2006

Evil Empire Thread

Rather than hijack the red sox nation thread........... why not have a Yankees thread??

There wasn't much to post about today's Yankees game, but Ramiro Mendoza shined this afternoon for Columbus. I don't know if he'll be able to work his way back into the Yankees bullpen with Octavio Dotel on his way back, but he earned a after today's rare STARTING performance:

Mendoza allowed 3 H and 1 BB, striking out 4 in 6 IP (69 pitches).

Carlos Pena hit his 3rd HR in the Clippers 1-0 victory.

My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007
  • Southstander
    King of Anvilania
    • Jun 2005

Thanks for making this KB, I was getting a little tired of the Yankee post in the Red Sox Tread.

As far an all time Yankees line up, you guys proved my point about having all that talent, and not being able to win 26 World Titles, it is suprising you did not win more. Some of the battle how ever are slam dunks, 1B is Lou Gehrig, he still leads you team in all time singles doubles and triples. how do you not start him?
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• Tatum26Bell
      Admin
      • Jan 2005

GO YANKEES!!!!

Majors looks good, Triple and Double A look good.........it's a bright future for the Yankees.
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• keithbishop
        Ring of Famer
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Southstander
        Thanks for making this KB, I was getting a little tired of the Yankee post in the Red Sox Tread.
        No sweat, Southstander..... I had the same thought.

As far an all time Yankees line up, you guys proved my point about having all that talent, and not being able to win 26 World Titles, it is suprising you did not win more. Some of the battle how ever are slam dunks, 1B is Lou Gehrig, he still leads you team in all time singles doubles and triples. how do you not start him?
        I just went with the players I have watched. I've been following the Yankees since 1977. I'll have to make an all-time Yankee list tonight. The list of Yankees from 1977-2006 was difficult to thin down, but the all-time list will a lot harder.

Comment

• alwilson91
          Starter
          • Dec 2005

I think both these threads are pointless because everyone knows the Jays are gonna win the division and the World Series!!!!

Comment

• Southstander
            King of Anvilania
            • Jun 2005

What ever you are smoking change brands it WONT be the Jays

sigpic

Comment

• alwilson91
              Starter
              • Dec 2005

What ever you are smoking change brands it WONT be the Jays
              Methinks the Red Sox need another ass whooping from the Jays since we beat you guys almost everytime we face you, we WILL win this division, trust me. We've been in it this far without most of our starting rotation, come June and July we'll be just tearing that division apart...

Comment

• Southstander
                King of Anvilania
                • Jun 2005

Man I almost spit Mountian Dew all over my Key Board with that one, If you are gonna run Smack on my Sox do it in the Red Sox Nation Thread I don't want to Hijack this thread like Yank fans tryed to do in mine.

sigpic

Comment

• keithbishop
                  Ring of Famer
                  • Feb 2006

Man I almost spit Mountian Dew all over my Key Board with that one, If you are gonna run Smack on my Sox do it in the Red Sox Nation Thread I don't want to Hijack this thread like Yank fans tryed to do in mine.
                  It's OK, Southstander........ the Blue Jays are a talented team....... but, in the end, it will still be a 2-team race.......... Yankees and red sox, like always............ a delusional Jays fan is a rarity that we can both enjoy .

Comment

• keithbishop
                    Ring of Famer
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by alwilson91
                    I think both these threads are pointless because everyone knows the Jays are gonna win the division and the World Series!!!!
                    OK........... good luck with that .

Comment

• keithbishop
                      Ring of Famer
                      • Feb 2006

The other Trenton Thunder pitching prospect to watch (besides SP Phil Hughes and relievers J Brent Cox and TJ Beam) is SP Steven White. Despite a lack of run support and a 2-1 record , the 24-year old White has a 2.28 ERA through 8 starts. Cox(22.... 1.78 ERA ), Beam(25 ..... 0.33 ERA!!!!) and White deserve promotions to AAA....... and Hughes(19 ) will likely be in AAA by august 1st.

The Yankees lost to the Rangers 4-2 despite another great start by Mike Mussina, who gave up 2 earned runs in 7 innings. Kyle Farnsworth allowed 2 runs in the 8th to take the loss.

According to Joe Torre, RRP Tanyon Sturtze has a slight tear of the rotator cuff. Sturtze has to decide whether to try resting......... or to have season-ending surgery. IMO, surgery would be the best option, as this injury could go back to the 2nd half of 2005. After a strong 2004 2nd half and solid 2005 1st half, Sturtze hasn't been able to finish his pitches...... he suffered a noticable lack of velocity in the 2nd half last year. This year, though his velocity is up, he hasn't been able to locate his pitches...... it was a brutal 1st month and a half for Sturtze-- 7.59 ERA.
                      Last edited by keithbishop; 05-15-2006, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Southstander
                        King of Anvilania
                        • Jun 2005

AL East Standings

Teams Games Back
                        Boston ------
                        NY 1
                        Toronto 1.5
                        Baltimore 5.5
                        Tampa Bay 8

sigpic

Comment

• WorstTrollEver
                          Banned User
                          • Nov 2003

A Yankee thread is a great idea. As a Sox fan I was sorry to see Matsui get injured so badly. He's a pure professional and a class act.

Although I can't stand the Yankees as an organization, there are several players who I greatly respect: Jeter, Hideki, Moose, Rivera, Posada and Sheffield.

{Al, there's no need to create a Jays thread because you'll be talking to yourself}

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                            versus you
                            • Mar 2006

You know what's funny, I saw the title was Evil Empire Thread and... I thought this was a Raiders thread. But it still rocks!

Millwood was on his game last night. We'll get 'em tonight, assuming the rains stop.

Comment

• Tatum26Bell
                              Admin
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by WorstTrollEver
                              A Yankee thread is a great idea. As a Sox fan I was sorry to see Matsui get injured so badly. He's a pure professional and a class act.

Although I can't stand the Yankees as an organization, there are several players who I greatly respect: Jeter, Hideki, Moose, Rivera, Posada and Sheffield.

{Al, there's no need to create a Jays thread because you'll be talking to yourself}

Thanks WTE....I hate the sox fans who are a) Happy Matsui's injured, because "he's a jerk, he's on the Yankees"

And B) Hate jeter for no reason other than he's on the Yankees....Jeter's probably the best MLB player, as a role model, player, and team captain. He's been so good for baseball, and to hate him just because he's a yankee is immature.

There's only one baseball player or sports player for that matter who I would wish injury to, and that is Barry Bonds---He doesn't deserve to play baseball, or break records.....He'll probably wind up dead in a few years anyway though....
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X