Page 4 of 571 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    Do I want to know why you call him "Brokeback"
    LOL. Umm.... just a play on words. He has a few too many injury problems for my taste (to put it mildly). I started to listen to the Trenton game tonight, heard the name of the pitcher (King) in the 4th inning...... not the results I was hoping for.
    I'm going to ignore Pavano until he joins the Yankees. June.... September..... 2007?? "Eventually" would be my closest guess to a target date.

This is why a free agent should be judged over a period of years..... not 1 good year after several years of injuries.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Yanks lost to the Rangers today
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander
    Yanks lost to the Rangers today

I don't mind a split..... considering that Giambi was back at 1B going into the series at the Mets. Jaret Wright pitched 6 shutout innings, shocking me......but, then again, his last 4 starts have been at least decent...... his last 2 have been good. Wright ran out of gas in the 7th....... and Scott Erickson was brought in to pour gasoline on the fire.

Rivera, Proctor. and Farnsworth got a badly needed day of rest heading into a tough 6-game stretch.

Melky Cabrera had a good day defensively in RF...... he's catching on.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop
    I don't mind a split..... considering that Giambi was back at 1B going into the series at the Mets. Jaret Wright pitched 6 shutout innings, shocking me......but, then again, his last 4 starts have been at least decent...... his last 2 have been good. Wright ran out of gas in the 7th....... and Scott Erickson was brought in to pour gasoline on the fire.

Rivera, Proctor. and Farnsworth got a badly needed day of rest heading into a tough 6-game stretch.

Melky Cabrera had a good day defensively in RF...... he's catching on.
    I like Melky.....he seems like he could be a really good hitter one day....what do you think?
    Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tatum26Bell
    I like Melky.....he seems like he could be a really good hitter one day....what do you think?
    If Melky is left in the lineup, he will develop into a .280 + hitter with some speed and power, 20 or so HR/20 steals. He is young enough (21) and has enough upside to eclipse those #'s, but, IMO, he will be a solid starting major league OF.

Keith....any idea who we'll bring up if Crosby goes on the DL?
    Administrator

According to the yankees website, it will probably be Kevin Thompson (.285, 3 HRs, 10 RBIs, 6 SB at Triple-A Columbus)
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Quote Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    According to the yankees website, it will probably be Kevin Thompson (.285, 3 HRs, 10 RBIs, 6 SB at Triple-A Columbus)
    Not a bad choice....
    Administrator

It was Mitch Jones, who hit the cover off the ball in Spring Training for the Yankees. Jones K's a lot, but has shown a lot of power at every minor league level and can play RF or 1B. I'm happy for him!! My sig on Yankees sites includes : Stop Trading Our Prospects. I'll post an article I wrote this spring for a Yankees site.

Tonight's loss was a tough one. I teach a class on Friday nights at my Church, but listened to the game when I got home, thanks to MLBaudio.

Good News: One of my all-time Yankee favorites, Ramiro Mendoza, is ready for a return to the Bronx. Columbus is trying to give him some innings by starting him.... tonight's line: 6 IP 1 ER 1 BB 6 K. It was the first ER he has allowed in 17.1 innings in AAA.

Keith, fortunately for you it's a nationally televised game today and tomorrow

I always wondered why you didn't just watch the game instead of MLB Audio...then I remembered, and that's definitely worth it. It's good to get coverage of the game.

I think we really need to work on the Pitching, as Mussina's been our only consistantly good one.....And I heard on ESPN Radio today that the Yankees may consider trading either Jose Tabata (single-a 17 year old prospect batting .370 this season), or Phil Hughes.

I think we need to call Hughes up to triple A sooner rather than later to see if he'll be able to contribute next year, otherwise, we may wind up trading him

I also read in my paper today the Yankees and Mets are both showing interest in Tony Pena's son, I think it's Fransisco Pena, he's a 16 year old catcher from the Dominican Republic, and he has a great arm. He could eventually wind up being Posada's replacement down the road....
    Administrator

I'll drive to NYC and kick Cashman's a$$ if he trades either Hughes or Tabata!!

I have MLBTV, but the picture has been freezing up badly the past 10 or so days.
    The audio package, for $15 FOR THE SEASON, is wonderful.

I am in complete shock over today's 9th inning comeback vs. Billy Wagner!!

Andy Phillips hits the game-winner!!! ANDY PHILLIPS....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

"Washed up" Mariano goes 2 innings for the win..... and struck out the side in the 11th!!!

The Yankees were pretty much clueless at the plate vs. Pedro today..... made 4 errors..... and still get the win.

It will be a tough stretch, but Sheff should be back in 2 weeks. Rivera and Proctor need to sit tomorrow. DON'T EVER COUNT THE YANKEES OUT!!!
    Last edited by keithbishop; 05-20-2006 at 02:20 PM.

I'll drive to NYC and kick Cashman's a$$ if he trades either Hughes or Tabata!!

I have MLBTV, but the picture has been freezing up badly the past 10 or so days.
    The audio package, for $15 FOR THE SEASON, is wonderful.

I am in complete shock over today's 9th inning comeback vs. Billy Wagner!!

Andy Phillips hits the game-winner!!! ANDY PHILLIPS....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

"Washed up" Mariano goes 2 innings for the win..... and struck out the side in the 11th!!!

The Yankees were pretty much clueless at the plate vs. Pedro today..... made 4 errors..... and still get the win.

It will be a tough stretch, but Sheff should be back in 2 weeks. Rivera and Proctor need to sit tomorrow. DON'T EVER COUNT THE YANKEES OUT!!!

Yeah, today was pretty incredible.

The Yankees-Mets thing is pretty big here in NJ, so it was a great win.

Mariano's still amazing, the money the Mets spend is still not worth it (Wagner,) although Pedro's pitched well, and the Yankees are still the kings of New York this year.

Jose Tabata is going to an absolute monster. He's 17 and should be up to double A within the next month or so.

The outfield is going to be fine, I do think we need to trade for pitching or relief though......
    Administrator

RHRP Colter Bean was called up from Columbus and OF Mitch Jones was sent down, giving us an extra bullpen arm for the next few days. Bean has a 1.69 ERA and I think he deserved a serious look a year or 2 ago. This may only be until Friday, when Aaron Small can return to the bullpen after 4 days of rest following tomorrow's start.

RHRP Colter Bean was called up from Columbus and OF Mitch Jones was sent down, giving us an extra bullpen arm for the next few days. Bean has a 1.69 ERA and I think he deserved a serious look a year or 2 ago. This may only be until Friday, when Aaron Small can return to the bullpen after 4 days of rest following tomorrow's start.

And so ends the excellent career of Mitch Jones....a Yankee for an entire 2 days. :wave:

Administrator