Page 574 of 575 FirstFirst ... 74 474 524 564 572 573 574 575 LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 8617
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Nats game, right? That was fun.

Best Boston team ever? Wow. Looks like I'm going to be buying some new stuff for the family. One of my favorite recent purchases was a "Mookie Monster" shirt for my daughter. A few years ago, it was "Fear the Beard".
    Enjoy it. It looks like something special brewing in Beantown.

But don't sleep on the defending champs. That series if it happens should be epic. I would love a NY - Boston playoff series. Haven't had one since, you guessed it, 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    My beef with baseball is that the playoffs are almost settled in a number of cases, and that took roots by the half season. Baseball and parity are not exactly a thing of reality.

If I can boast a little, we saw a game in Yankee stadium in mid June. That was fun!
    NICE! I still miss the old stadium. It's a big part of my childhood, seeing the lights out of my bedroom window.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    NICE! I still miss the old stadium. It's a big part of my childhood, seeing the lights out of my bedroom window.
    Yes.....if I had my choice, whenever I visit other cities, I would have preferred to see a game in their old arena/stadium in most cases. It's the history and memories of growing up, watching different sports in those memorable times. But the new sites are often so nice that it does diminish some of the disappointment.

Give up 15 runs one night.

Get one hit the next night.

What other milestones lie before us? Give up 20+ or a perfect game? We'll find out shortly as taking the mound for the Yankees is a rookie making his first MLB start.

Give up 15 runs one night.

Get one hit the next night.

What other milestones lie before us? Give up 20+ or a perfect game? We'll find out shortly as taking the mound for the Yankees is a rookie making his first MLB start.
    Unless the Yanks win both games (and even then some), Boston will be the team to beat in The AL. Waiting on the current champs to prove they can repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Unless the Yanks win both games (and even then some), Boston will be the team to beat in The AL. Waiting on the current champs to prove they can repeat.
    Record wise the Astros and Yankees are 2 and 3 respectively in baseball, but both far behind Boston (and Oakland is 4???) And I think the Yankees are under .500 the last 50+ games.

Championships are won in October, so there's no panic yet. But the Yankees have to put it together now to compete with ANY playoff team, assuming they make it which is not guaranteed.

I'm surprised there wasn't a poll.

How would you like your butt handed to you?

1) Allowing 15 runs after leading 4-0
    2) Getting 1 hit
    3) Leaving the bases loaded to end the game
    4) Blowing a 3 run lead in the 9th

I'm surprised there wasn't a poll.

How would you like your butt handed to you?

1) Allowing 15 runs after leading 4-0
    2) Getting 1 hit
    3) Leaving the bases loaded to end the game
    4) Blowing a 3 run lead in the 9th
    I was going to mention last night's game. Well now, given Boston had won all 3 games in the series, giving them an 8.5 game lead, I did not think this game would matter too much. Anyway, I was watching it for an hour or more, and when The Yanks were up 3 runs, I thought, hmmm maybe not tonight....even though I always say there's no safe lead in Fenway. So I change to watch something I had recorded, and then this morning I see that The Red Sox came back, and won. Dang...would have loved to see the ending, live, but again, not surprised. Brings me back to the days of Fred Lynn, Jim Rice and all the others!

Too bad there weren't enough teams in The AL to make the Yanks anxious for a playoff spot. At least The NL is open for some business.

Congratulations to the New York Yankees on clinching a Wild Card berth. Let's go get #28!

Congratulations to the New York Yankees on clinching a Wild Card berth. Let's go get #28!
    Congrats.

1-1. This is going to be good.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Congrats.

1-1. This is going to be good.
    I may get tickets to one or both games depending on a friend of a friend's boss. I've never been to a Red Sox-Yankees playoff game before. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I may get tickets to one or both games depending on a friend of a friend's boss. I've never been to a Red Sox-Yankees playoff game before. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    That would be awesome! Hope you get to go.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Congrats to the Boston Red Sox. I was at the game yesterday and it was SO exciting in the bottom of the 9th. But alas, we came a few inches and a game short. We'll be back next year!

Congrats to the Boston Red Sox. I was at the game yesterday and it was SO exciting in the bottom of the 9th. But alas, we came a few inches and a game short. We'll be back next year!
    I was wondering if you were there. You all were LOUD. Literally, a few inches. I can see the Yankees coming back stronger next year. Which is scary.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Exciting for you; hanging by our fingernails for Boston. My heart was beating out of its chest. lol