Page 575 of 575 FirstFirst ... 75 475 525 565 573 574 575
Results 8,611 to 8,618 of 8618
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Congrats to the Boston Red Sox. I was at the game yesterday and it was SO exciting in the bottom of the 9th. But alas, we came a few inches and a game short. We'll be back next year!
    That final out was crazy close, but the ump made a perfect call...in real time. But who knows what happens if he is safe?!?!

Brought back great memories of our trip to NYC this summer, which included a game at Yankee Stadium. I will admit that I am not a Yankee fan, but my earliest thoughts about baseball are all about The Yankees...my fav team as a kid. That team was incredible....in the days of Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford, Bobby Richardson and on and on and on. I can still name almost every player on that team. And I think I cried when Bill Mazeroski hit that dang home run to beat The Yankees in the World Series. I am pretty sure it was a weekday afternoon game, which seems weird to me now.

I liked them again when Reggie Jackson hit 3 home runs in the World Series winner.

Great memories....and wonderful place to watch a game these days!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-13-2018 at 01:07 PM.

R.I.P. Mel Stottlemyre. Not only an important key during our latest dynasty as a pitching coach, but he also a great pitcher for the Yankees for 11 years.

RIP Mel Stottlemyre.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Congratulations to Mariano Rivera, the greatest closer of all time and the first unanimous MLB Hall of Famer. And thank you for being one of if not THE main anchor in our dynasty.

Congratulations to Edgar Martinez, the late great Roy Halladay and another former Yankee, Mike Mussina.

All well deserved.

Congrats to my boys on 27 straight winning seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Congrats to my boys on 27 straight winning seasons.

Your in the other thread reminded me that I meant to comment on this.

27 straight winning seasons. That's impressive.

Congrats to the Yankees.

*cough* *cough*

Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Congrats to the Yankees for winning the A.L. East since... 2012. Emperor George would've fired Boone 14 times by now.

Very tough roads ahead. Any team can come out of the American League. I think whoever does will win the whole thing.

Looks like the Yankees finally got a good pitcher that wants to be there.

I know they’ve tried before only for the guy to take less money somewhere else.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!