Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Harrington and Maroney or Jay Cutler

QB Joey Harrington changed the course of the Broncos franchise when he refused their contract offer. That squashed the possibility of a deal between the Lions and Broncos, and the Broncos then traded up in the first round of the draft to select Jay Cutler. Had Harrington become a Bronco, the team would have stayed put and taken RB Laurence Maroney with the 15th pick in the first round. And Jake Plummer might be sleeping a lot better. . . . Inside Dish: A chain reaction in Denver

Opinions?

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws
    QB Joey Harrington changed the course of the Broncos franchise when he refused their contract offer. That squashed the possibility of a deal between the Lions and Broncos, and the Broncos then traded up in the first round of the draft to select Jay Cutler. Had Harrington become a Bronco, the team would have stayed put and taken RB Laurence Maroney with the 15th pick in the first round. And Jake Plummer might be sleeping a lot better. . . . Inside Dish: A chain reaction in Denver

Opinions?
    Joey Harrington changed the course of his own career by going to the Phins. He may get a few games early, but I seriously doubt he will play once Culpepper is healthy.

He had a opportunity to seriously compete for the starting job in Denver in a year or so. I'm glad he did not take the offer. I think Denver is better off with Jake and Jay in their future, than they would be with Jake and Joey.

Only thing is I wouldn't mind had we picked Laurence Maroney. Anyways I think our draft situation will play out nicely.

Thanks Jaws for the thread. You need any more intelligent posts just call me. I'll be here all week.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

I think Joey was an idiot to sign in Miami where Culpepper is their man. And also very arrogant.

Does he think he is going to set the world on fire, so much so that in the first few games, he is going to demand a starting role? I think not Joey... Let me introduce you to something caled Pine.

Hopefully you get no splinters in your hind parts from it, Lord knows you'll have plenty of opportunities.

As already stated, he could have made a push for the starting rtole here in a year or two, and at the same time carried out the tradition of being Denver's "Bearded wonder".

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    I think Joey was an idiot to sign in Miami where Culpepper is their man. And also very arrogant.

Does he think he is going to set the world on fire, so much so that in the first few games, he is going to demand a starting role? I think not Joey... Let me introduce you to something caled Pine.

Hopefully you get no splinters in your hind parts from it, Lord knows you'll have plenty of opportunities.

As already stated, he could have made a push for the starting rtole here in a year or two, and at the same time carried out the tradition of being Denver's "Bearded wonder".
    Maybe he realizes this, and went to Miami for personal reasons? E.G all the fine ass women that reside in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Artamentous
    Maybe he realizes this, and went to Miami for personal reasons? E.G all the fine ass women that reside in Miami.
    The women of Colorado curse your name.

I think he done the right thing. If you're gonna be a bench warmer, you might as well go sit somewhere warm. Plus i'm sure the girls are an added benefit. Besides Jay is the Future. He has the arm we've been missin since John retired. Joey would have to have a cut-off man to get the ball anywhere near as deep as Jay. Once jake hands over the reins, we'll be in good hands im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Heaven
    Besides Jay is the Future. He has the arm we've been missin since John retired. Joey would have to have a cut-off man to get the ball anywhere near as deep as Jay. Once jake hands over the reins, we'll be in good hands im sure.
    The whole point is though... Had Joey come here, we would not have gotten Cutler.

With what Joey has done (or better yet, NOT done) I think we got the better end of the deal.

The whole point is though... Had Joey come here, we would not have gotten Cutler.

With what Joey has done (or better yet, NOT done) I think we got the better end of the deal.

but u also have to throw in a back like maroney
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos86
    I'll take Dayne and Cutler over Harrington and Maroney.

I'll take Dayne and Cutler over Harrington and Maroney.

well i mean i would take cutler over harrington anyday but i donno if i would take dayne over maroney
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

well i mean i would take cutler over harrington anyday but i donno if i would take dayne over maroney
    You will be a believer soon enough

Thanks then Joey!

I think Harrington has some skills. And I watched quite a few duck games. But I'm not convinced he's got the physical or mental toughness to be a top flight NFL quarterback. I would have rather taken my chances with Croyle or someone else than signed Harrington.

But the bottom line is I'll take Cutler anyday, even if Maroney was a nice fit for us. I think there are other RBs who can be succesful in our scheme. And we have 2 of the young ones already in camp; Bell and Cobbs. And next year with the 32nd pick we can pick up a future franchise running back if I'm wrong.

id take Cutler, i have faith in Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws

Opinions?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....

Sporting News sucks with it's football coverage, and this BOZO proves it.

How does he "know" this? It's total bull.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Boo!

DeAngelo Williams!

I'd take Cutler over Maroney and Harrington but if DeAngelo replaced Maroney I dunno