Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    342

    What Should Denver do with Lelie?

    lelie clearly wants out, and probably wont play in denver uniform unless hes the #1 receiver, which wont happen. so, what can we do with him? we could trade him, but for what? another receiver, draft picks? i say for a 4th or 3rd rounder if we can get it. what do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos74310
    lelie clearly wants out, and probably wont play in denver uniform unless hes the #1 receiver, which wont happen. so, what can we do with him? we could trade him, but for what? another receiver, draft picks? i say for a 4th or 3rd rounder if we can get it. what do you guys think?
    That is easy, we can either restructure his contract with an extension and Denver can tell him they want him in the organization. (Which is what I would like to see).

    They could restructure his contract for less and then cut him, loose out and be without a speed receiver.

    And they could offer him up as trade material, like Denver's 3rd round pick next season and Lelie for a player or for a higher pick.
    ...Master Protagonist...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub
    They way it looks right now there are 2 options:

    1. Lelie come back to camp and join our WRs core.
    2. Denver will try to trade him for the highest bidder (probably a 5th round or so) or just cut him June 1st.
    i hope they dont trade them for something like a 5th... thats terrible... dont realease him either... keep him and keep fining his ass everytime he misses something.. force him to show up
    Canadian broncos fan for life

  4. #4
    West is offline
    Professional Hell Raiser.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    4,524
    Hell trade his ass. He is whining about not being a starter with Walker coming in, HE HASN'T DO ANYTHING TO BE CONSIDERED A STARTER!! If he wants out, let him out. Heck, even open the door for him.


    i hope they dont trade them for something like a 5th... thats terrible...
    Why? That is generous for Lelie. He hasn't done anything to even be worth a higher round pick.









  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1
    I think they should trade lelie to the saints for stallworth. Stallworth is fast and if healthy can be a major threat. Try stopping Smith, Walker, and Stallworth.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    I think we should try to get some trades going like in madden. We could get a full new team all young and way better. Or if that doesn't work we could just cut everyone and let Lelie play by himself since he seems to think he is the man.

  7. #7
    West is offline
    Professional Hell Raiser.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    I think we should try to get some trades going like in madden. We could get a full new team all young and way better. Or if that doesn't work we could just cut everyone and let Lelie play by himself since he seems to think he is the man.
    That's it, manage the team like you do in Madden!


    Love the humor!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, MI
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub
    They way it looks right now there are 2 options:

    1. Lelie come back to camp and join our WRs core.
    2. Denver will try to trade him for the highest bidder (probably a 5th round or so) or just cut him June 1st.
    I think Lelie is worth a little more than a 5th.
    Trade him to a team that needs a WR or is rebuilding and do it before the season starts so he has more value.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

    "When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    155
    Waterboy?????

  10. #10
    West is offline
    Professional Hell Raiser.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBuckeye
    I think Lelie is worth a little more than a 5th.
    Trade him to a team that needs a WR or is rebuilding and do it before the season starts so he has more value.
    What has he done to be worth anything more than that?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Omeeeeeha
    Posts
    9,245
    Quote Originally Posted by West
    Hell trade his ass. He is whining about not being a starter with Walker coming in, HE HASN'T DO ANYTHING TO BE CONSIDERED A STARTER!! If he wants out, let him out. Heck, even open the door for him.
    Why? That is generous for Lelie. He hasn't done anything to even be worth a higher round pick.
    Weren't you the one bad-mouthing Walker right after the draft?



    And I thought you were leaving......







    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    Jacks RULE!!!!!!

  12. #12
    West is offline
    Professional Hell Raiser.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    Weren't you the one bad-mouthing Walker right after the draft?



    And I thought you were leaving......







    I was bad-mouthing Walker, that is correct. But I do not see the reason for the statement, I do not like either WR but you know, I have to deal with it.




    Next week



    :wave:

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Just out of view
    Posts
    1,160
    Give him a teeshirt & button that say "I'm the #1 receiver!", pat him on the head & smile.

    Then slot him as #3 and get on with life.

    T777
    "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Keep him for this year.

    Is Lelie holds out, his next contract will be marginal at best.

    I say we keep hi8m in his contract year where he will have no choice bu to play hard and make a run for the SuperBowl for one year rather then trading him for a 4th, or 5th rounder who likely won't even make the team anyways.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by JlgIII
    I think they should trade lelie to the saints for stallworth. Stallworth is fast and if healthy can be a major threat. Try stopping Smith, Walker, and Stallworth.

    First off, Welcome!

    Second, Stallworth had a pretty good year. We would have to give Lelie plus a pick probably. Then there is also the fact that since Donte is better than Lelie, would he mind being a third wide-out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •