Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    Keep him for this year.

Is Lelie holds out, his next contract will be marginal at best.

I say we keep hi8m in his contract year where he will have no choice bu to play hard and make a run for the SuperBowl for one year rather then trading him for a 4th, or 5th rounder who likely won't even make the team anyways.
    true... keep him or trade him for stallworth
    Canadian broncos fan for life

The sad thing is, I believe Lelie will be a better receiver then Walker, I really do. I just hope that he has a good and long career.

I have to agree with Jake on one thing he has stated, we are not the best fans. We jump ship from player to player and really do s lot of this whole blah, blah crying crap, it is so sad and pathetic. And we have done it to some of our best athletes over the past two decades. But at least we were more loyal to the team and the players back in the day. Since the early to mid 90's I have heard it just get out of hand. He wants more money, he wants to play, he got injured...we need someone to replace him, he is now no good. A lot of you who are saying trade or get rid of Lelie were all for Lelie till we traded for Walker!

Lelie did good as the 2nd receiver on this team and I hope he goes elsewhere and tears it up and is appreciated for helping another team win! Cause nearly 2,000 yards in two years on a run first team, well that is nothing short of impressive. But again that is my opinion...

...Master Protagonist...

i dont think we should do anything until camp starts, unless someone came out of nowhere with a great trade offer.

first wait and see if ashley does hold out of camp. he wouldnt be the first player to not hold out after threatening to do such.

next, wait and see who discovers in camp that they do need a reciever. right now, it is completely a buyers market when it comes to lelie. maybe by the end of july, things will have evened out a little bit.

but by far the worst idea is to cut him. if we cut him, there will only be one more question we will need answered in regards to lelie: does he wind up in san diego or kansas city? even the most rabidly anti-lelie poster has to see how giving either of those teams a legit deep threat reciever is a bad move on our part.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Professional Hell Raiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipes7
    First off, Welcome!

Second, Stallworth had a pretty good year. We would have to give Lelie plus a pick probably. Then there is also the fact that since Donte is better than Lelie, would he mind being a third wide-out?
    Wait a second you're saying Donte is better than Lelie? Their both piss poor sorry 1st round busts. THAT'S what they REALLY are!

And to top it off, you said Lelie had a pretty good year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by West
    Wait a second you're saying Donte is better than Lelie? Their both piss poor sorry 1st round busts. THAT'S what they REALLY are!

And to top it off, you said Lelie had a pretty good year!!!

no, he said stallworth had a pretty good year.

and when did 1000 yards and leading the league in yards per catch for 2 straight years qualify as a bust?

i wish some of the people on these boards could get a basic understanding of what a bust actually is.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    no, he said stallworth had a pretty good year.

and when did 1000 yards and leading the league in yards per catch for 2 straight years qualify as a bust?

i wish some of the people on these boards could get a basic understanding of what a bust actually is.
    My fault on misreading Stallworth having a good year. He had an O-K but nothing to forsee that next year will be better. I think he is going to struggle as teams cover him tighter and get the extra support off Horn due to age.

When doesn't it qualify as a bust? I'm am sorry that he runs only one route and that is it. He is not a complete receiver, and personally he is nothing to what we expected from him coming out.

WHOA was that directed toward me? How about this one, I wish some of the people on these boards could get off all the players jock and actually becoming a realist.

Oh and that wasn't directed toward you.

My fault on misreading Stallworth having a good year. He had an O-K but nothing to forsee that next year will be better. I think he is going to struggle as teams cover him tighter and get the extra support off Horn due to age.

When doesn't it qualify as a bust? I'm am sorry that he runs only one route and that is it. He is not a complete receiver, and personally he is nothing to what we expected from him coming out.

WHOA was that directed toward me? How about this one, I wish some of the people on these boards could get off all the players jock and actually becoming a realist.

Wow, kinda jumped on me there didn't ya?
    Thanks for rereading it though. Thanks to you too, bcbronc!

I do think that Donte had a pretty good year.
    Donte' Stallworth 70 945 13.5 43 7

Seventy catches as a #2 receiver on a poor team. Btw Lelie only had one td.

if you think lelie is a bust, then ya it was directed at you. a bust is not someone that starts for 3 straight years, has a 1000 yard season and has been one of the best deep threats in the league the last 2. and thats all within his first 4 seasons in the league. he should continue to improve the areas he isnt great at.

simply not being a complete receiver or not living up to your pre-draft expectations does not make him a bust. you could say you consider him a disappointment, but not a bust. its not like he was taken first overall, or we had to package up 4 players to get him. hes a mid to late first round pick who has contributed to our teams success over the last four years. just because you are taken in the first round does not mean you have to be a pro-bowler in your first 4 years or you are a bust.

a bust is someone that never becomes a contributor to the team he was drafted by. ryan leaf is a bust. nash was a bust. you might be disappointed in lelie, but he is nowhere near a bust.
    Last edited by bcbronc; 05-17-2006 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    if you think lelie is a bust, then ya it was directed at you. a bust is not someone that starts for 3 straight years, has a 1000 yard season and has been one of the best deep threats in the league the last 2. and thats all within his first 4 seasons in the league. he should continue to improve the areas he isnt great at.
    Please point out a receiver that is even decent that has been on our squad the years Lelie has been here. Yes I'll give Lelie that, he is marginal.
    simply not being a complete receiver or not living up to your pre-draft expectations does not make him a bust. you could say you consider him a disappointment, but not a bust. its not like he was taken first overall, or we had to package up 4 players to get him. hes a mid to late first round pick who has contributed to our teams success over the last four years. its not like he was taken first overall or we had to package 4 players up in a deal to get him.
    You can still be a bust without doing one of those. What about Marcus Nash? He was picked what? 30th? That's late first, is he a bust or a disappointment?
    a bust is someone that never becomes a contributor to the team he was drafted by. ryan leaf is a bust. nash was a bust. you might be disappointed in lelie, but he is nowhere near a bust.
    Frankly, me and you have different standards. I consider Lelie a bust. He isn't much of a contributor IMO. He has never caught over 60 passes and has only caught 50+ balls ONCE!!!!! And only has had 40 catches ONCE!!!!! And he has what? Started all 4 years?
    ---------------

Shanahan has talked with Lelie's new agent..... but hasn't talked to Lelie since February. Either one of them could easily call the other.

Trade him for a draft pick (conditional pick if need be) or a DT.

Reuben Droughns was traded without incident after 1 season as a starter.... Lelie can be traded after leading the NFL in YPC in 2004 and 2005. i like Lelie, but he doesn't want to be here...... therefore I don't want him here.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

I'm conflicted on what to do about Ashley.

He has never been disrespected by the organization. Right from his rookie year, he has been put in a position to make plays on the field. I'm sure he would have liked more looks, but so would everybody else on the team.

His current stance seems irresponsible, but I was never a Lelie hater. I think he could be very good, and obviously, so does he.

It has become apparent with the addition of Walker, that Shanahan doesn't agree with either Ashley or me. It just seems like a punk move to be whining and asking for a trade.

Play the year out and go shopping for a new team next February Ashley.
    If you can't get better than a 5th, and Lelie refuses to play, let him sit Mike.

There are a myriad of other scenarios, and I probably have a view on them all, but mainly I'm just saddened.

I like Lelie. I like what he brought to the team. I don't think he's wrong.....I don't think he's right. I just find the whole incident disheartening.

Ideally I would like to see Lelie hang around, even in a diminished capacity next season. Rod can't last that much longer, and even as an occasional 3rd WR, he is bound to have more than one lousy TD for the season, such as last year.

Once Rod hangs 'em up, it's open competition for that #1 spot he covets.

Sadly I think he has burned too many bridges, and this "I want it all, I want it now!" attitude may be what gets him a ticket out of town.

I wish he would get over himself, and have a team oriented attitude, because everyone including himself would prosper from it. It's amazing what greed does to people.
    Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 05-17-2006 at 08:55 PM.

Trade him for a bigscreen plasma tv, home cinema system, and a new waffle iron!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Ship his whiney butt to Jacksonville...get SOMETHING in return. I'm just disappointed that he turned out to be such a premadonna. Bummer. It's hard to win the #1 job when he's not even in camp...I wish he would fight for it.

I would do four things, (providing his attitude doesn't change)

1) Make him face the mess he created.

2) De-activate him for every game.

3) Wait until mid-season to trade him to a team that has an injured wide receiver and is willing to pay what we want.

4) Let him run slants in practice.