Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Jay Cutler or Bradlee Van Pelt?

My choice would have to be Jay Cutler because Bradlee Van Pelt is A good backup but Jay Cutler has A great arm and Van Pelt can't throw that far. I think once Cutler gets his chance he'll take it and if Plummer fails Cutler will be the perfect backup to hopefully someday lead us to A superbowl victory.

I would have to go with Van Pelt. I liked what I saw against San Diego, Definitely something to work with.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    I would have to go with Van Pelt. I liked what I saw against San Diego, Definitely something to work with.
    Come on now, Van Pelt made some decent plays in that game, I'll give you that, but did he ever strike you as being an actual NFL QB? He's a terrible passer, a good runner, but a terrible passer. I want a QB who can actually throw the ball, Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Crush21
    Come on now, Van Pelt made some decent plays in that game, I'll give you that, but did he ever strike you as being an actual NFL QB? He's a terrible passer, a good runner, but a terrible passer. I want a QB who can actually throw the ball, Cutler.
    I will be dead honest with you, I said the same thing. I thought to myself man that boy can run, but is having a tough time throwing. I am not one for making excuses....BUT, it was his first multiple snap game and raining. WE ALL KNOW that QB's can have a tough time throwing a wet football. I just didnt think he did bad his first time out. as I had said, "Something to work with." Who says Cutler will do any better??
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

I would say Cutler because we drafted in round 1 for a reason and that is to backup this year and start next year or the year after. Plus Jay is a better overall player. I would say Jay Cutler hands down.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

I will be dead honest with you, I said the same thing. I thought to myself man that boy can run, but is having a tough time throwing. I am not one for making excuses....BUT, it was his first multiple snap game and raining. WE ALL KNOW that QB's can have a tough time throwing a wet football. I just didnt think he did bad his first time out. as I had said, "Something to work with." Who says Cutler will do any better??
    I agree with your assesment on throwing a wet football. However, Cutler is a pure QB, Van Pelt is more of an athelete than a QB. That's why Cutler is going to do better. I think Van Pelt could be better utilized if they could get him on the field as a slash type player.....who knows though?

What????

2 for 8, more yrds rushing than passing. What did see that no one else saw? He was worse than pathetic. That performance might have promted the Broncos to take Cutler in the first place. You people need to get over this Van Punk
    experiment. Because IT sure as heck is OVER. I've never seen Cutler play and I can almost garauntee he'll be better from day one. I will never understand you peoples fasination with Van Punk. Make mine Cutler, or anybody but Van Pelt.
    Keeping Van Pelt as Plummers back-up last year was a monument to stupidity. (As well as, further proof of Shanahans megalomania). He will not make the team this year.
    Last edited by stnzed; 05-29-2006 at 12:57 AM.

Excellent analysis

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub
    Did we watch the same game?

BVP completed 2 passes out of 8 attempts for 8 yards and 0 TDs.

He did rush for 41 yards (10 attempts) but you can hardly call his performance decent.

For most of the game he looked like everything was much too fast for him and he looked confused for most parts. his good scrambling ability saved him from being a complete disaster.
    He played great for a 3rd string running back, not a 2nd string QB.

His head was spinning and all he could think to do was run away. (At least he didn't run the wrong direction.) Seriously, he looked like I did in 4th grade. There was no future for me as a quarterback and there isn't a future for him either.

Cutler has all the tools to be great in this league, but he is unproven right now. Even as an unproven prospect, I'd take him over BVP.

<- Ready for the salute

He did rush for 41 yards (10 attempts) but you can hardly call his performance decent.

For most of the game he looked like everything was much too fast for him and he looked confused for most parts. his good scrambling ability saved him from being a complete disaster.
    at the point of game when he came in was stictly to run the time off an dnot turn the ball over. We cant really judge him on that game.

Am I saying he can be a franchise QB.. NO

He didn't look good though and also agree he could not focus on the WR's because of game speed.

I'm pretty sure you and I saw the same game because that's exactly what I remember.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 06-01-2006 at 10:24 AM.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Time will tell....

No need to over analyze and base Van Pelts ability on the on one quarter of NFL football.

I think Van Pelt will continue to get better. He will make it tough for Cutler to nab the #2 spot. We will have to see when the season starts what happens.

lancane
    Van Pelt is a retard - the NFL version of 'Forrest Gump'
    Then Shanahan is retarded as well for moving him to #2. Bradlee has a never quit never fail attitude, and the organization knows that.

The QB battle this summer will make the guys better and the players around them.

I can't wait to see what happens. But unil then, before Van Pelt really screws up, there is no need to bash him.
    [SIGPIC]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/Ambivalent1/AlphonsoSmith.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

cutler without a doubt.
    the space that is mine

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...mebag-sig2.gif
    We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal

http://www.azlp.org/images/ron-paul-revolution.jpg

Just take a look at my avy...

Cutler over BVP without a doubt.

And, CalifBronco had it right. If BVP was working out, Shanny wouldn't have moved up to get Cutler.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Quote Originally Posted by IrishConrad
    No need to over analyze and base Van Pelts ability on the on one quarter of NFL football.

I think Van Pelt will continue to get better. He will make it tough for Cutler to nab the #2 spot. We will have to see when the season starts what happens.

lancane

Then Shanahan is retarded as well for moving him to #2. Bradlee has a never quit never fail attitude, and the organization knows that.

The QB battle this summer will make the guys better and the players around them.

I can't wait to see what happens. But unil then, before Van Pelt really screws up, there is no need to bash him.
    Having the "fight" is one thing, but no matter how determined he is, that can't overcome pure skill, so long as the more talented party has some "drive" as well, (which there is no denying Cutler has.)

Cutler will win the job, if BVP even makes the final cut (which I am not so sure he will). Athletic ability will only get you so far as a QB if your arm is sub-standard.

Cutler will probably enter camp at number 3, but I can't imagine that at some point he earns #2, and quickly. Whether that is before or during the season is immaterial.

Of course, this is provided he even remotely lives up to all he is supposed to be.

BVP is the perfect back up QB. Wants to improve, will work toward being the starter, and plays as if it matters. Doesn't cop an attitude with the coaches or starting QB or lobby teammates to be the starter, thus hurting locker romm chemistry (unlike a certain ESPN analyst, who has an ego bigger thah Jupiter).

But based on what little I have sen of both, I believe that all other things considered equal, Cutler simply has more natural ability.